The Tunkkari Christmas Trip--Part 1

2belles'mom

Mouseketeer
Cast:
Christy (me), 32, teacher, trip planner and Disney Lover! This was my 3rd trip to WDW as an adult; as I child my family made (nearly) yearly trips.

David, DH, 32, golf professional (not on tour!), not as enthusiastic about Disney as me. This was his 3rd trip to WDW.

Katja, DD, 4,also loves Disney and WDW. 3rd trip to WDW.

Annika, 18 months. 2nd trip to WDW.

Nana, 61, my mother. First trip back since I was a kid.

Grandpa, 64, my father. First trip back since I was a kid.

Steve, 30, my brother. First trip back since we were kids.

Sarah, 28, Steve's wife. First trip to WDW.

Riley, 7, my nephew, Steve and Sarah's son. First trip to WDW.

Day 1--Getting There

We live on Bainbridge Island in Washington State; as a result we were in for a long journey! I thought I had been smart, and had scheduled us to fly out on a redeye which departed Seattle at 9:00 pm, arriving Orlanda at 10am the following morning. "Why, we can sleep the whole trip," I thought. HA!

After putting in a full day at work, I headed home to finish up the last minute packing. My parents arrived and we loaded up their rig, then caught the 7:10 ferry from the island to Seattle. We got to the airport with plently of time to spare. My brother and his family, who live in Wisconsin, would be meeting us in WDW.

The flight went smoothly for the first hour or so. I had packed lots of things for the girls to do--markers, crayons, magnetic play sets, etc. Katja played for awhile, then fell asleep around midnight. Annika was another story. Although she became increasingly cranky and was obviously tired, she WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP! We wrestled with her, passing her from Nana to Grandpa to David and back to me. Finally, around 3 am she gave up the fight and fell asleep. She awakened about an hour later when we landed in Newark, and did not go back to sleep! I worried about how she would function on only 1 hour of sleep, but she seemed chipper enough (more than can be said for the parents and grandparents!).

At 10 am we landed in Orlando. Yeah!!! The weather was sunny and warm--almost 80 degrees and humid. My parents would be checking into Dixie Landings, and we were slated to stay at the Marriott Orlando World Center for the first night.

Next up--Check-in and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!!!!!!!!!

2belles'mom

Isn't it amazing how kids can function on such little sleep. Hope you got some rest so you would be ready to enjoy your trip.

hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Sleeping on the plane, hmmm, I wish I could, I never can.. Amazing that Katja functioned on so little sleep.. Children are incredible.

<font color=purple>Mac-key Mouse</font>
dancecindy.gif

Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention
Co-Moderator Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies
Co-Moderator Trip Reports
Co-Host Wednesday Night Chat

Admitted Chataholic!
elvis.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter