The trip to make up for the cold (July 2012) Done 02/04

So my sister decided that she and her family will not be coming in March. :sad:

But I'm still going! :) It will be sad to not have them, as I was looking forward to seeing my nieces' faces light up when they see the castle etc, but oh well.

I will stick with my plan of AoA for one night and Pop Century for the rest of the trip. I might stick around AoA that first morning so I can check out the pool and then take a shower before my lunch ADR at Les Chefs de France. I thought the other day that it will be my only chance to see the pool, as it will be locked up to me when I'm at Pop.
Too bad about your sister and fam :( But it's Disney, you'll still have a great time!
AoA for a night and then Pop, sounds a little like what I might do next trip. I do love Pop!

Love your MK pictures, really makes me wish I was there! I also love the sidewalk artists, so amazing what they can do with a little water.
Sunshine tree! I have a picture of myself and my dad from 22 years ago sitting there. I meant to get some more pictures of the place last year and forgot. Next time!

everything i ever eat is better in Disney especially that chocolate cake!!!!:worship:

I agree... Yummy!

Too bad about your sister and fam :( But it's Disney, you'll still have a great time!
AoA for a night and then Pop, sounds a little like what I might do next trip. I do love Pop!

Love your MK pictures, really makes me wish I was there! I also love the sidewalk artists, so amazing what they can do with a little water.
Sunshine tree! I have a picture of myself and my dad from 22 years ago sitting there. I meant to get some more pictures of the place last year and forgot. Next time!

I agree about me still having a great time... only now I probably won't be going. :worried: I had to get some work done on my car and I need to make a choice. Icky. But I will go in the summer, for longer and then it's okay! :lmao: I'm on hold for Westjet right now. Depends on them I guess...

You should really take a picture of you and your dad in the same place. I love those types of pictures.

I'll be anxiously awaiting for the trip report from your March trip. I am sure you will have a great time!

I'll be anxiously awaiting for the trip report from your March trip. I am sure you will have a great time!

Don't be too anxious! I am trying to cancel. :( But I will reschedule and go in the summer. My dream is some time at DL and then over to WDW. Wouldn't that be lovely?:yay:

That would be a great trip! We are going to DL again this June (went last Aug after going to WDW the past two summers.) I really like how everything is so compact and close at DL....leave the hotel, walk a few minutes and you're there. Plus not nearly as much walking as at WDW...great with little kiddos!

That would be a great trip! We are going to DL again this June (went last Aug after going to WDW the past two summers.) I really like how everything is so compact and close at DL....leave the hotel, walk a few minutes and you're there. Plus not nearly as much walking as at WDW...great with little kiddos!

I know! I loved that too! I had a Disneyview room, so that was nice too. Blanched watched fireworks from her BED! I loved DL, and I love WDW. That's why I want to do both! :rotfl2: I don't know if I can, really, but I want to try. And I'm sure I can get a cheap flight between LAX and MCO in comparison to what we pay in Canada. It's very pricey to fly down, so I'd basically be saving two one way flights.

Part 13: More MK

I wanted to get back and try a citrus swirl, so I took a picture to remind me! I did eventually get back, but I forgot to take a picture. Oops.

MK 299 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 300 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Where would I go next?

MK 301 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 302 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The boat was really crowded, so I didn’t take many pictures… but I had to get a few of Captain Jack at the end!

MK 303 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 305 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 306 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I decided to ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat. I had never done it before, so I figured now would be the time!

MK 307 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don’t know how long we had to wait, but I must have just missed the boat. I was the 2nd person up in the waiting area.

MK 308 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 309 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 310 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 311 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 312 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I haven’t been across on Tom Sawyer Island since my trip in 2009, I think. I guess it’s time to go over again on my next trip.

MK 313 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 314 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 315 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was loving the look of the colors with the setting sun.

MK 316 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I had never seen any little flag ceremonies before.

MK 317 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 318 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I didn’t want him to think I was stalking him so I looked away to get more setting sun pictures…

MK 320 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 321 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And then turned back to get the other captain folding the flag.

MK 322 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 323 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 324 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 325 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Part 14: Liberty Belle Riverboat

MK 326 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 328 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 329 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I remember standing next to a really sweet family and chatting with them while we waited for the boat, then I stood next to them on the boat. It was cute because one of the two girls kept trying to scare the other one. They were totally making me laugh. I had such a great time chatting with them. They had driven from Louisiana I think it was, and it was their first visit. The adults were asking me questions about various rides and things. I hope they had a great trip!

MK 330 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0313 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0317 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0318 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0319 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0321 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0322 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0324 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr<

from raw-0325 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0326 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0328 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0336 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Any Kingdom Keepers hiding in there?

from raw-0339 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0347 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I seriously do not know what I did to my numbers to get them so messed up!

from raw-0351 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0361 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0365 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0366 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0367 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0369 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0370 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Part 16: Pirates of the Caribbean

And then off to Pirates for another round! This time, on a less crowded boat so I could try to get some shots.

from raw-0413 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0426 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0429 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0431 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0434 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0436 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0442 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0446 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0452 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 453 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 454 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 455 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 456 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 457 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sunnee!! (I’m reading the Hidden Mickey novels…)

MK 458 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 459 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 460 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I feel like he’s trying to stare me down in this one.

MK 462 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Part 17: Haunted Mansion and Goodbye MK.

Then off for one more ride on Haunted Mansion.

MK 465 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 469 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 470 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 472 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 473 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It is so creepy how the axe appears in her hands…

MK 477 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I tried to get the hitchhiking ghosts, but they are hard!

MK 481 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Not my ghosts, but I love these new ghosts at the end…

MK 483 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So on my last night at MK, I didn’t see the fireworks or the parade, but I went one last go or two on some favorite classics, POTC, HM and BTMRR. I also got on one first ride of the Riverboat.

I had to get some last shots of the castle on my way out though.

MK 484 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 485 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 487 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 488 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 489 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Goodnight and Goodbye Cinderella Castle.

MK 490 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Great updates as always!

So did you end up rescheduling your March trip for summer?

Not yet. I can't decide if I want to do DL or WDW. In my dreams it would be both! :upsidedow I guess I should talk to my possible travel partners too to see what they would like to do.

oh i see you're online hi :wave2: Love your pics of POTC mine never turn out that good,and since I'm a little pirate obseessed that makes me a lil bit sad.Anyways urs are awesome and every jack in the place makes me feel like he's looking right at me so I totally get you on that!

oh i see you're online hi :wave2: Love your pics of POTC mine never turn out that good,and since I'm a little pirate obseessed that makes me a lil bit sad.Anyways urs are awesome and every jack in the place makes me feel like he's looking right at me so I totally get you on that!

Thanks! It's hard to get good shots on pirates. I had it set to the widest aperture I could and I pumped up the ISO to 6400. Or I might have set the shutter speed to 60 and then let it pick the aperture. I can't remember which way, but they both would be similar. I can't wait to go back and try again. I forgot to use my faster lens so I think my 60D would do even better with that lens.

Wonderful MK evening! Love your POTC pictures.

Thanks. It was a very bittersweet evening. I have a really hard time leaving!!!

July 25, 2012

Last morning at WDW.

It was a sad morning. I was literally whining and sulking about having to leave. And loudly. I’m surprised Blanche didn’t tell me to shut up or hit me or something. I was so loud that some other wonderful, understanding woman explained that it was her last day too and she totally got how I was feeling. Hahahaha

I didn’t take a whole lot of pictures because I was so depressed. It’s not a fun day. I did take some. We had breakfast, got some extra snacks and things with leftover credits, packed up and waited for DME. The flights home were fine too. No problems.

The view from our door:

from raw-0543 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Looking a little more to the right:

from raw-0544 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0545 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

A giant slug I was fascinated with. I’d never seen one quite that big. Another kindergarten teacher would have been proud of me. I call her the bug lady because she likes bugs so much. If you look at a slug closely, you will see the way it breathes. I never knew that until she told me. I think you can see the tiny holes on its sides as it breathes. (If I remember correctly, I’m the Disney teacher, not the bug teacher!)

from raw-0548 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0549 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0550 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche had seen the faces in the trees while walking back to the room after a snack the night before. She asked me to get some pictures of them.

from raw-0553 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0554 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0555 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Neither of us had ever seen them before, but I saw some at a wedding I was … helping the photographer with. (I guess that’s the best way to explain!) I like this kissy faced one best.

from raw-0556 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0557 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0558 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0559 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0561 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-0562 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My last Mickey Waffle for breakfast. I need to find a Mickey Waffle Iron!

from raw-0564 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche left a Mickey ears headband behind. Hahahaha

The picture by the washroom area.

from raw-0568 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Closer…

from raw-0567 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

A CM was washing the chairs.

from raw-0570 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

With a pressure washer it looked like.

from raw-0571 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So that’s the end of my trip. Do I need to say that I loved Port Orleans Riverside? That it was a good trip? It was incredible. I am sad that I cancelled my March trip, but I will be okay. I am in the talks with Blanche for a trip to DL in July, with a possible CLUB 33 visit!!! I am also in the talks with another friend, a teacher at my school, about a WDW trip in August. And yes, I would do both! The flights are pricey, but having friends with me makes it easier because we share the cost of the hotels. Since I often go solo, it definitely helps. And my friend who wants to do WDW has never been, and she’s into photography too. It would be fun to be there for all her firsts and to take pictures with someone else since Blanche doesn’t even own a camera…. I know I know… she’s NUTS!

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter