"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

Day 2, Part 7: "It's really intense."

Having returned to Earth, we had other plans involving fastpasses that we needed to attend to and so we didn't linger long in Tatooine Traders.

152_zpsvvfrb6yb.jpg

We did find Mickey and Minnie's new waiting place, but didn't have any time to stop.

Instead, we headed over to Pixar Place.

153_zpscezeflkm.jpg

And everyone knows there is only one place really worth going in Pixar place.

154_zpset3tdcoo.jpg

Toy Story Mania.

155_zpsll82gnph.jpg

I was pretty thankful for the Fastpasses too, because the line wasn't short.

As a group of two, we were expecting to get sent through the right side of the stairs as we went in, but that didn't happen. Oh well, it's a nice perk when it does and it wasn't like we could complain for waiting times.

156_zpskasx7wt9.jpg

We took an obligatory game glasses selfie and then we were off.

Only... right away I noticed that something was off. My gun wasn't firing properly and I mean, it would only fire at the very edge of the top of the screen.

157_zpsactmx3dz.jpg

This was the result. Like, guys, I'm bad but I'm not that bad.

Marie was thrilled though because...

158_zpsqeifqjek.jpg

When we got off, I told the ride attendant because I didn't want anyone to have to ride through with a gun that wasn't firing properly.

She told us that she'd have to send it through again though and I watched a poor little girl take my seat as she said we'd be able to ride again for the inconvenience. So, there was that.

The second time around I was ready to actually kick butt and take names.

However, if Buzz is my game, TSMM is Marie's game.

159_zpsuqmestdc.jpg

She broke 200,000 for the first time.

160_zpsivndlwbd.jpg

And for the second game in a row, she was best in vechile.

I do hope that little girl got to ride again and her mom told the attendant that the gun was broken and they didn't just think she was bad at the game.

Alas, I'll never know what really happened.

What I do know, is after Marie won again, we headed out and onto our next adventure.

161_zpsijmf5pde.jpg

We waved to One Man's Dream, though didn't actually go in yet.

No, instead we had to check out the hottest new place at the Studios.

162_zpsf0nehysv.jpg

The Launch Bay.

And why were we there? Cause we were doing the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert party. So, we checked in and got our fancy wristbands and then made our way inside, bypassing the movie.

163_zpsicvzeolb.jpg

163_zpsicvzeolb.jpg

There were some cute tables outside set up for dessert party folks.
165_zpsxfgudr5p.jpg

Inside, we sort of just took everything in.

166_zpszp2x7xkx.jpg

Cause there is a lot to take in and it's actually really cool to see the props and outfits.

We had to take some pictures of ourselves too.

167_zpszhytiye6.jpg

Marie_zpsye5o2cq1.jpg

Satisfied that we'd gotten proper pictures of ourselves, we continued further into this new place.

169_zpsl8hagahf.jpg

170_zpsnnqt4q5e.jpg

Technically, the dessert party was sort of started but sort of not. It was before the appointed time for it to begin, so we decided that we'd just keep looking around.

171_zps0buqefn6.jpg

A 20 minute wait to meet Kylo didn't seem bad and we had the time, so we hopped into a fairly short line.

We weren't even there a couple of minutes when a family came out the other side with a crying girl who was probably around five or six and had been very scared by Kylo. Her mother cautioned those in line that the experience was quite intense.

Honestly, though we both felt bad for the small child, we wondered what the parents had been thinking the experience would be like. Did they think Kylo would be kind to children? I can see why they'd think that considering interactions with Gaston and the Tremaine sisters, but I don't see how Kylo Ren could be made less intimidating.

I hope that the poor little girl was given a mickey ice cream or something and that Kylo's meeting didn't ruin things for too long.

The line for Kylo moves very quickly, and we soon found out why when we got inside. Kylo is no nonsense.

Unfortunately for him, I am nonsense.

172_zpsinqlqczv.jpg

I asked him if it was true that he had an 8-pack.

He didn't respond except to give the go ahead for the picture to be taken. Rude, but then what can you expect from a member of the First Order?

173_zpsqhev4qqu.jpg

Despite his rudeness, we still got a pretty fab picture.

Scroll for next post

Day 2, Part 8: "So you can hit a cupcake but you can't hit a person?"

By the time we'd finished meeting Kylo, around 10 minutes after we'd gotten into line, we decided that it was time to start getting our dessert party on.

174_zpskosatqus.jpg

We geeked out for a minute over BB-8 and Rey's costume nearby (though we didn't get a clear picture of the later)

And then headed into the dessert party area. The area with the food was pretty packed with people and all the tables inside that section were already claimed, so we went through and grabbed our food. The decision was that we'd grab one of the tables that was outside the designated dessert party section (wristband required for entry) but still inside.

So, we each gathered up what we wanted and tried to navigate our way out of the mass of people. And then, it happened.

Everyone is always waiting for how the TR title is born, and this is the moment ours was. I was going through, paying careful attention to my surroundings but a stormtrooper was taking a picture to the side of me.

He was not paying careful attention to his surroundings and turned quite suddenly, knocking my plate holding my BB-8 cupcake out of my hands.

In a moment of wit that I was rather proud of myself for, I immediately went, "Oh, so you can hit a cupcake but you can't hit a person." The stormtrooper nodded sadly and I'm pretty sure felt bad about my cupcake.

It wasn't anything I was upset over though, seeing as there were plenty of cupcakes and it wasn't like I'd paid money for this one in particular. I did grab it off the ground though, so that it wouldn't get all smooshed into the carpet.

Marie saw the whole thing, and according to her she saw it just as the inevitable was about to happen.

175_zpsnavq1wkc.jpg

Here was what we managed to grab though. Marie has the plates in the front and I have the R2D2 cupcake and ice cream in the back.

176_zpsw1pdjtxh.jpg

This is my sadly killed BB-8 cupcake and panna cotta.

As far as desserts go, I enjoyed the ice cream a lot and the toppings that went along with it (the crushed cookies and the sprinkles especially). I enjoyed the R2-D2 cupcake a moderate amount and I loved the little rice krispie bars.

It turns out I wasn't a fan of the BB-8 cupcake anyway, nor was Marie. Neither of us cared too much for the blue panna cotta either, but everything was still pretty good.

Marie enjoyed the cheese and tomato mini lightsabers and the fruit that was supposed to be ice cream topping but just was fruit for her.

Plus, since we are legal adults, we decided to hit up the bar.

13734309_1762084690726102_1811492920_n_zpsaswssyph.jpg

I had the cosmic citrus twist (citrus vodka and watermelon lemonade) and Marie had the light speed margarita (tequila, blood orange syrup, sour mix and lime juice).

Neither one of us finished our drinks, for one thing they were mixed pretty strongly and we're kind of weak drinkers and for another, neither of the tastes were that good either. I guess I expected mine to be a little less strongly watermelon and Marie expected hers not to be so sour.

Again, it was nice to try it though and not having to pay for it was definitely good.

At that point, I grabbed a can of Sprite and we both sat down on the benches along the wall to just relax. We considered possibly heading out to the fireworks spot and grabbing a place early, but I kinda wanted to be lead over that way and feel special so we sat.

177_zpscw6n8jux.jpg

I also took some pictures of the cupcake murderers.

178_zpsmjmapbyj.jpg

That's right, Stormy, I'm watching you.

Eventually the time did come to be lead outside and we did our best to be close to the front so that we could be close to the front in the viewing area.

We were given tiny water bottles and a special gift upon arriving (that I'll leave as a surprise in case people didn't want to know) and then we got into position.

179_zps63lqheay.jpg

Here was our view.

Now, I'm going to tell you, I was blown away by the show. I adored every minute of it and was just in awe. It was incredible and having the perfect view just made it that much better. I thought it was a lot better than Symphony in the Stars.

Marie will disagree with me there, she enjoyed Symphony in the Stars more and thought that the show relied a bit too heavily on projections. But, to each their own.

We were happy that we'd spent the money on the dessert party to get the view and would encourage people to do the same if you've got the extra cash, you won't regret it.

Once the show was finished, we went to take a seat so that we could wait out the crowds some. We didn't start heading out until about 30 minutes after the show had finished (the park had closed at showtime) hoping that it would have allowed some time for crowds to thin.

Well, despite it being dead right there across from the Hyperion theater, it was still pretty crazy outside of the park. Thus, we found another bench and sat down for another 20 minutes or so before we finally went to catch a bus back to Pop.

Once we got back to our room at 10:45, we took some pictures of our pin trades for the day.

180_zpsqzhithrb.jpg

Marie's.

181_zpsumprqdta.jpg

And mine.

Then we called it a night.

Total pin trade count: 13

Bonus points for anyone who can guess if we slept in or got up early the next day.

Click for the next post

Last edited:

We went once, like 2-3 summers ago, and I'm 99% certain we sat at the same exact little table because I have basically this exact same picture somewhere lol.

<3- this is a lovely shot of it!

There were some cute tables outside set up for dessert party folks.

I actually agree - those are some of the nicer tables I've seen for a dessert party.

Honestly, though we both felt bad for the small child, we wondered what the parents had been thinking the experience would be like. Did they think Kylo would be kind to children? I can see why they'd think that considering interactions with Gaston and the Tremaine sisters, but I don't see how Kylo Ren could be made less intimidating.

Oh no :( that poor little girl. I mean, I've seen kids freak out over the Genie, and he's pretty cuddly. I know there are some kids who'd be totally fine with it, but he is pretty scary.

In a moment of wit that I was rather proud of myself for, I immediately went, "Oh, so you can hit a cupcake but you can't hit a person." The stormtrooper nodded sadly and I'm pretty sure felt bad about my cupcake.

I laughed at this. Out loud. Good job lol.

Nice little dessert party you had going on there. :) Except that BB8 got his head knocked off and took a major spill. Poor thing.

No need to be. It'll be up again :P

Yeah, but I'm not there for a while, so.... sucks.

Well those sheep got us in much quicker.

Oh! Good point. Baaa everyone! Baaaa!!

We find the back is much faster than the front and a bit more wild.

I agree, but... I do like my view if I'm shooting (photos).

Sometimes I'm in agreement, sometimes I'm not :P It's one of my favorites for sure.

Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't.

:rolleyes1

Umm I'd always FP Winnie the Pooh if it was up to me. It's like somedays my favorite MK ride.

Really! Well, we all have our faves. :)

I'm always thrilled :P

:laughing: I believe you.

It's a big thing in the Disney Instagram community. That just kind of blew up. I don't know why, other than the fact that it's cute.

Ah! Well, there you go. I don't Instagram.

I feel like every single update of this TR is just going to start with me apologizing for being so busy.

Don't. Life happens.

I'm going to try and be more regular with updates,

I tried that. But I prefer cheese to fiber.

So, I'm sorry and I'll try and be better, but I make no promises.

Don't worry. Life. It happens.

soon enough we had our fancy new cards that we didn't take pictures of.

What???? No pics?!?!?

Happy with our new status,

What does that feel like?

Since our destination was in the middle of the two resorts, basically, we decided just to get off at the Yacht Club and rush through.

::yes:: And I'm annoyed with myself for not guessing that, considering I did the exact same thing.

Given the rush neither of us snapped any pictures of the resort because we wanted to get to the restaurant as quickly as possible.

Yep. Did the same.

The first thing that struck me about it, is how small a place it really is.

::yes::

We got the Fudge Mudslide to split and it was more than enough for the two of us.

DD had that when we went.
And no, she didn't finish it either.

So, we're a long way from taking on the Kitchen Sink although we will do it someday

We wanted to... but decided we each wanted to try other things.
And there was no way I was going to order it by myself!

We'll just bring lots of people with us.

Like a certain favourite Winnipeger?

I always forget how slow those boats are until I'm actually inside of one and then I'm like, wow, this is slow. But it's a nice ride.

Not much faster than walking speed.

Our bus was pretty quick to come and soon we were back to the resort. Which was good because I got bus sick on the way back

Oh, too bad. Although it sounds like you were okay after your nap.

It was all the ice cream that I'd eaten, coming back to haunt me. I didn't regret it though. Okay, maybe a little, but not enough that I wouldn't do it again.

That ice cream is good, isn't it?

And then, the unbelievable happened. Marie took a nap along with me for a solid couple of hours.

Sleep? In Disney?

I know a lot of people don't believe in sleeping at Disney,

Once we put ourselves back together, we headed out and decided to try the shortcut across the parking lot to the bus stop.

What we learned was it really was a shortcut and made our walk very quick.

Good call! Some of those buildings are farrrrrr away.

I really miss the hat at the end of the street.

I, on the other hand am soooo pleased it's gone.

145_zpsvxylxdxx.jpg

And I noticed this cool detail that I hadn't before.

Nice! I never knew that was there either.

We had fastpasses and were hitting the end of our window, so that was nice.

::yes:: Love hitting a FP at the end. When you're done, your next one is usually up.

My goal of the flight had been to be the rebel spy and I was prepared and everything for it as I've read tips about being facing forward with a pleasant or neutral expression on your face. But alas, it was not I who was chosen.

I've never been chosen either. And tried the same thing.

I couldn't stay too upset though, because we did get the Jakku scene and got to see Finn and BB-8. So, I was geeking out about it.

:laughing:

152_zpsvvfrb6yb.jpg

We did find Mickey and Minnie's new waiting place, but didn't have any time to stop.

Where is that?

Instead, we headed over to Pixar Place.

153_zpscezeflkm.jpg

They've changed the sign since you were there.*

(*Referring to my last update, which I know you've seen.)

And everyone knows there is only one place really worth going in Pixar place.

Pretty much.

Only... right away I noticed that something was off. My gun wasn't firing properly and I mean, it would only fire at the very edge of the top of the screen.

Well, that sucks. Glad you got to go again!

She broke 200,000 for the first time.

Good for her!

Cause there is a lot to take in and it's actually really cool to see the props and outfits.

ummm..... it would appear that I didn't see all of the Launch Bay then. I only saw the gift shop area. Thought that was it.

We weren't even there a couple of minutes when a family came out the other side with a crying girl who was probably around five or six and had been very scared by Kylo.

Well, he is a bad guy.

Maybe they were expecting him to act like Goofy or something? :confused3

Despite his rudeness, we still got a pretty fab picture.

Agreed!

Day 2, Part 8: "So you can hit a cupcake but you can't hit a person?"

:lmao: Love that chapter title!

:worship:

This is my sadly killed BB-8 cupcake and panna cotta.

Sad. So sad.

I had the cosmic citrus twist (citrus vodka and watermelon lemonade) and Marie had the light speed margarita (tequila, blood orange syrup, sour mix and lime juice).

Both of those sound good.

neither of the tastes were that good either.

I wonder if it was because they were too strong?

Now, I'm going to tell you, I was blown away by the show. I adored every minute of it and was just in awe. It was incredible and having the perfect view just made it that much better. I thought it was a lot better than Symphony in the Stars.

Will keep this in mind for next trip.
I didn't have time to see it this time around.

Bonus points for anyone who can guess if we slept in or got up early the next day.

Slept in.
You already said Disney is for sleeping all day... or something like that.

I'm going with got up early. Only because that's what I always do. Rope drop rocks! You can accomplish so much in just a short time.

Even though poor BB8 got his head cut off it sure was a cute little cupcake.

We went once, like 2-3 summers ago, and I'm 99% certain we sat at the same exact little table because I have basically this exact same picture somewhere lol.
Well there isn't a lot of seats available so I wouldn't be surprised :P

<3- this is a lovely shot of it!
Thank you!

I actually agree - those are some of the nicer tables I've seen for a dessert party.
I did feel like they tried some, which is nice.

Oh no :( that poor little girl. I mean, I've seen kids freak out over the Genie, and he's pretty cuddly. I know there are some kids who'd be totally fine with it, but he is pretty scary.
Yeah, it was clear that she was shaken up but if a character would be scary it isn't surprising that it'd be Kylo.

I laughed at this. Out loud. Good job lol.
Thank you, Thank you.

Nice little dessert party you had going on there. :) Except that BB8 got his head knocked off and took a major spill. Poor thing.
He was doing his best, RIP BB8 cupcake.

I'm going with got up early. Only because that's what I always do. Rope drop rocks! You can accomplish so much in just a short time.
You can do so much! People like sleeping in. But are we those people? :P

Even though poor BB8 got his head cut off it sure was a cute little cupcake.
He's in a better place now.

Yeah, but I'm not there for a while, so.... sucks.
That's fair. Only getting to ride once was better than nothing but also kinda sucked.

Oh! Good point. Baaa everyone! Baaaa!!
Go on people, be sheep and me and pkondz will be benefiting.

I agree, but... I do like my view if I'm shooting (photos).
That's fair. I'm not usually taking pictures when I ride.

Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't.

Murr murr murr murr murr :P

Really! Well, we all have our faves. :)
I've just got very happy memories tied to it. I've always been a huge Winnie the Pooh fan, but the first time I rode the ride it was really chilly outside in November and it was misting and the ride was so warm and toasty. pooh:

:laughing: I believe you.
Glad I seem trustworthy :P

Ah! Well, there you go. I don't Instagram.
I follow people like Jess and Kristen from the boards and they were big into the purple wall so that's where I first saw it and then I noticed it popping up in tons of Disney Instagrams.

Don't. Life happens.
I still feel an obligation to finish what I start in a timely manner though.

I tried that. But I prefer cheese to fiber.
Tsk tsk, fiber is so necessary.

Don't worry. Life. It happens.
It has been happening too much for my liking.

What???? No pics?!?!?
I can include one right now to show you what it looks like :P

You can see it
here.

What does that feel like?
It feels great cause we're going back soon and those discounts don't hurt.

::yes:: And I'm annoyed with myself for not guessing that, considering I did the exact same thing.
I know, I saw it and I was like, great minds!

Yep. Did the same.
Great minds.

DD had that when we went.
And no, she didn't finish it either.
I don't know if anyone could. Maybe someone really great at eating ice cream.

We wanted to... but decided we each wanted to try other things.
And there was no way I was going to order it by myself!
No one could eat it by themselves, so no blame.

Like a certain favourite Winnipeger?
You are always invited for sure.

Not much faster than walking speed.
But you don't have to walk in the heat, so there's that.

Oh, too bad. Although it sounds like you were okay after your nap.
The nap did wonders.

That ice cream is good, isn't it?
Ice cream is great.

Sleep? In Disney?
I know, we're shameful.

Good call! Some of those buildings are farrrrrr away.
They really are, it's a big resort.

I, on the other hand am soooo pleased it's gone.
I know, it's an unpopular opinion to miss it but it was there my first trip and I associate it with the park.

Nice! I never knew that was there either.
That's what I've always loved about Disney, that you can find something new every time.

::yes:: Love hitting a FP at the end. When you're done, your next one is usually up.
It's the way to do things. Unless a meal is between FPs, then hit the start of one and the end of another.

I've never been chosen either. And tried the same thing.
Someday, we'll get there.

Where is that?
It's where the audition area used to be for American Idol. Back across from Sci-Fi.

They've changed the sign since you were there.*

I noticed, but you know Disney, they only get things done at the last minute and you weren't arriving yet.

Well, that sucks. Glad you got to go again!
That was nice.

Good for her!
I was very proud.

ummm..... it would appear that I didn't see all of the Launch Bay then. I only saw the gift shop area. Thought that was it.
No, there's way more than that. The meet and greet area, the props, the area where Jawas hang out.

Well, he is a bad guy.
I know, and not like Wreck-It Ralph

Maybe they were expecting him to act like Goofy or something? :confused3
Apparently. I mean, I can understand why they might have thought it would be a bit nicer.

:lmao: Love that chapter title!
Thank you, I try.
The best I've done.

Sad. So sad.
The saddest.

Both of those sound good.
They did sound good. We're just weaklings.

Will keep this in mind for next trip.
I didn't have time to see it this time around.
Marie's one complaint is the usage of projections, which she says is too much but I thought it was incredible and encourage anyone (especially Star Wars fans) to see it.

Slept in.
You already said Disney is for sleeping all day... or something like that.
Something like that :earboy2:

That's fair. Only getting to ride once was better than nothing but also kinda sucked.

Yeah, I really missed it.
A lot.

Go on people, be sheep and me and pkondz will be benefiting.

That's fair. I'm not usually taking pictures when I ride.

I didn't used to.
But then I started writing TRs and if you don't... the natives get restless.

Murr murr murr murr murr :P

I've just got very happy memories tied to it. I've always been a huge Winnie the Pooh fan, but the first time I rode the ride it was really chilly outside in November and it was misting and the ride was so warm and toasty. pooh:

Then you're excused.
You can't compete with happy memories.

Here's the real bear, named after his owner's (and mine!) home town.

200px-Harry_Colebourne_and_Winnie.jpg

I follow people like Jess and Kristen from the boards and they were big into the purple wall so that's where I first saw it and then I noticed it popping up in tons of Disney Instagrams.

Huh. And here I'd never heard of it.

Tsk tsk, fiber is so necessary.

Yes mom.

It has been happening too much for my liking.

Oh, dear. Everything okay?

I can include one right now to show you what it looks like :P

You can see it
here.

Niiice. You know, that's the first one I've seen I think.

It feels great cause we're going back soon and those discounts don't hurt.

I bet!
Not that I'm totally and hopelessly jealous or anything.

I know, I saw it and I was like, great minds!

My God... we... we're brilliant!

I don't know if anyone could. Maybe someone really great at eating ice cream.

Well, they certainly wouldn't be bad at it!

You are always invited for sure.

:goodvibes

But you don't have to walk in the heat, so there's that.

There is that.

I know, we're shameful.

I know, it's an unpopular opinion to miss it but it was there my first trip and I associate it with the park.

I get that. It's probably the biggest reason why I didn't like it.

It's the way to do things. Unless a meal is between FPs, then hit the start of one and the end of another.

It's where the audition area used to be for American Idol. Back across from Sci-Fi.

Got it.

No, there's way more than that. The meet and greet area, the props, the area where Jawas hang out.

So there is an area where there's Jawas! I even brought trade goods for that very reason.
Ah, well.

Yeah, I really missed it.
A lot.
I can see that. I missed Dinosaur when it was down.

I didn't used to.
But then I started writing TRs and if you don't... the natives get restless.
Yeah, I just do other things :P

Then you're excused.
You can't compete with happy memories.

Here's the real bear, named after his owner's (and mine!) home town.

200px-Harry_Colebourne_and_Winnie.jpg
That is so cute! I love this bear already.

Huh. And here I'd never heard of it.
You learn something new every day :P

Good.

Oh, dear. Everything okay?
Yeah, it's just been stressful.

Niiice. You know, that's the first one I've seen I think.
I like the new design a lot.

I bet!
Not that I'm totally and hopelessly jealous or anything.
I'm sorry you're jealous, maybe you'll swing a trip sooner too.

My God... we... we're brilliant!
That we are :cool1:

Well, they certainly wouldn't be bad at it!
Very true.

There is that.

I get that. It's probably the biggest reason why I didn't like it.
I understand.

So there is an area where there's Jawas! I even brought trade goods for that very reason.
Ah, well.
Yup, it's in front of the gift shop area if you go through from the start or behind it if you go through the gift shop.

All caught up. I really love that Jiminy Cricket ear hat pin.
Yay! I was so happy to find it.

Real Life Update

Okay, so I know that I'm the worst. I was like, I've got to update the trip report more and then it's like my teachers read this report and were like:

itsgoingdowngif_zpsw8la3c32.gif

And then filled up my schedule with a million tests.

Which left me like:

huihui%20gif_zps9kzs0m1k.gif

I've still got two tests and a final exam coming up that I have to prepare for. So, I don't think I'll be able to update until next weekend at the earliest but then I'll have a month of free time!

Marie has been super busy with work too, so it's like, both of us have had an insane schedule.

But in other news. Marie and I have seen Moana twice now!

highfive%20gif_zpsldcecr87.gif

It was incredible and we bought the soundtrack because we loved it that much. I think everyone should see it because it is truly some of Disney's best work

Also in Disney news, we made our first ADR for our next trip, which is getting closer but it still so far away. But with how busy we've been it's not like we've had much time to plan anything major anyway.

Yet, we know that on May 30th we're going to be eating at Homecoming.

Small steps in planning are better than no steps in planning!

Weird... I could've sworn I'd replied to this.
Maybe with the DIS constantly crashing from that $&#%^$ ad at the bottom, I did answer and it crashed before it posted.
Whatever.

And then filled up my schedule with a million tests.

Well, that was rude.

Which left me like:

huihui%20gif_zps9kzs0m1k.gif

With a comb on your head! So cool!!!

I've still got two tests and a final exam coming up that I have to prepare for. So, I don't think I'll be able to update until next weekend at the earliest but then I'll have a month of free time!

Month? Nice. But sounds like you earned it.

But in other news. Marie and I have seen Moana twice now!

That right there is a pretty good testament, without....

It was incredible and we bought the soundtrack because we loved it that much. I think everyone should see it because it is truly some of Disney's best work

... this.

Small steps in planning are better than no steps in planning!

Ahhhh, welcome to Nursing School. Gotta love it.
I was not loving it, gotta say. I expect it but not fun.

Weird... I could've sworn I'd replied to this.
Maybe with the DIS constantly crashing from that $&#%^$ ad at the bottom, I did answer and it crashed before it posted.
Whatever.
I have been too busy to know it was crashing but that sounds frustrating.

Well, that was rude.
It was rude, but we had to get so much material to do that they didn't have a choice.

With a comb on your head! So cool!!!
I'm into all the fashion.

Month? Nice. But sounds like you earned it.
I am so excited.

That right there is a pretty good testament, without....
To be fair, Marie and I are the type to see movies we love in theaters more than once. Last year we saw The Force Awakens twice too.

... this.
The music isn't a good thing?

I'm finally free from school for a whole month and I'm going to make the most of it trying to do regular updates and maybe even stocking up some updates for a rainy day so that the updates can be somewhat regular. I still don't know final grades for two of my classes but to be honest, I'm not planning on stressing about them.

Why should I when I can think about Disney right now instead? Right?

Day 3, Part 1: "Tiana says we're friends!"

Our day started off sleeping in, as we figured that we were in no rush because we'd accomplished so much the day prior and didn't need to hit any rope drop. Besides, our first order of business was to gather all of our things together as it was time to say goodbye to Pop.

So, we took our luggage and headed to the front desk so that we could get a cab. Now, we know that it's possible to have your luggage transfered and just take a bus to a park and then to another resort. We've done it before (see our September 2014 trip), but what we found is that eats up a lot of time. Also, it takes a long time for your stuff to get back to you and we weren't about that.

While Marie was talking to the lady at the front desk, who helpfully informed her of the option to do the bus transfer, I took a few pictures of the shadow boxes of the 90s because 90s kid for life.

001_zpsnbszte0l.jpg

Oh old computers, I have young memories of you.

002_zpsw5eqsafd.jpg

The 90s were such a time of rapid change, but a lot of good came out of them.

003_zpsdp7gigqw.jpg

And the fashion is back in style almost so there is that.

Marie found out that cabs are usually just waiting out front, so we headed out and got one. Telling the driver that we were just headed over to Riverside.

It was raining a bit at that point so we were even more happy that we'd gone ahead and decided to take a cab.

004_zps4grub1dd.jpg

Goodbye Pop.

005_zpsmxxpwglm.jpg

Hello Riverside!

Our cab ride came to $13, which was decent and for the time saved we considered it to be worth it.

006_zps6533byrt.jpg

I must say, the curbside entrance to Riverside is very underwhelming compared to the curbside of the French Quarter.

007_zpskgdxf014.jpg

The lobby is also much bigger.

008_zpsc5kyfxo7.jpg

Here was Marie going to check us in. It ended up taking a few extra minutes and I showed a woman that she could take off the gray part of her magic band to make it smaller when she was having difficulty putting it on her child.

Once that was done, Marie was heading over to tell me that we were all checked in and our room was ready, because we were having great luck on that front. So we headed over to see it and put our things away.

We were in room 9301 in Oak Manor.

We'd requested to have a second floor corner room, but we only got one of those requests. Being a second floor room, but we were thrilled anyway because we were staying in a royal room. The room was beautiful.

009_zpsjftryipx.jpg

Tiana's letter on the table.

010_zpsdclq6zl0.jpg

A beautiful coat rack.

011_zpsokrr2ohc.jpg

012_zpsred3or7n.jpg

I loved these Prince silhouettes.

013_zpsn6hetrxv.jpg

014_zpsy8mz3u3q.jpg

One of the things I love the most about moderates is the amount of pillows they give you right away. They recognize that I can't make due with two per bed.

015_zpsqcmqmzrz.jpg

The light up headboard that Marie and I pressed a million times to make light up.

016_zpsahrnqwyb.jpg

The framed pictures of the princesses were pretty cool.

017_zpsgfpnyzea.jpg

Of course, this footrest was great too.

018_zpsnxcz8vjk.jpg

Those Disney details though.

019_zps9pllbbi7.jpg

020_zpsbyfzmhee.jpg

It took us a few days to recognize the fact that it was Snow White's border around the Tiana picture.

021_zpsn465igfn.jpg

Double vanity areas are the best.

022_zps9x7dmvpg.jpg

Made better with the lamp facet.

023_zpswrrxx8lg.jpg

No boring shower curtains here.

024_zpskmfokbkb.jpg

Look at these details.

025_zpsgux4chg4.jpg

The runner was great too.

Scroll for next post

Last edited:
Day 3, Part 2: "Thank you to animal crackers..."

Continuing on with a little more love of the details.

026_zpsjkosb8gi.jpg

027_zps9clm9hy9.jpg

Towel Mickey!

028_zpsishfpk0f.jpg

And the bed runner was really cute too!

We decided that we were just going to unpack at that point, get it over with and so forth and that's when I realized that I had forgotten my Pooh bear stuffed animal back at Pop.

Which was very sad for me because I once lost a bear at Disney that way and Pooh has a much more meaningful part in my life (if you aren't aware, I got him as I was going through chemo from my in-laws). Also, Marie had asked me as we were exiting our room at Pop if I had everything and I told her that I did. So when I told her he wasn't there she was less than amused, but called the front desk to try and explain our situation. They transferred us over to Pop and she explained there.

They were helpful and told us that they'd send someone to check for him. We continued unpacking and a few minutes later we got the call saying they had it and they'd deliver him over to Bell services, so we could pick him up after 4.

Luckily, just as we finished unpacking they actually brought him up to our room instead! I was super grateful that they'd made a special trip to make sure I'd get him back even earlier in the day.

Fully relieved to have my precious bear back in my custody, we decided that we could leave.

So, we made our way out of the room and over to our bus stop at the East Depot.

029_zpsqdjrwgfp.jpg

Here is a picture from our walk.

East Depot is the 3rd pick up at the start of the day, and the 4th during the middle of the day but we never found the bus unmanagable.

In fact, when we hopped our bus to Magic Kingdom...

030_zps3e9gersy.jpg

Empty bus!

We love empty buses, makes us feel like VIPs.

And soon enough we were rolling up to this sight.

031_zpsfvuudzyl.jpg

By then it was around 10:50 or so and we had a fastpass opening that had started ten minutes prior so we'd made it there just in time to use it.

032_zpsgvunztnx.jpg

First, though we stopped to take a picture of this beautiful sign.

033_zps2uynk2kq.jpg

And one of us walking in again.

034_zpsravs1iuk.jpg

I'm getting a little bit of deja vu.

035_zpszqzekmzx.jpg

But how can one not stop for Castle pictures?

036_zpsoxsftefs.jpg

And one of the hub as well.

037_zps91kdvi29.jpg

I love these trees with the little sitting area attached to it.

038_zpsjfwynjdr.jpg

Oh hello Adventureland.

Now, let's be real, there is only one place we could be heading. I mean, if you consider that the day before we'd made a Pirates fastpass.

039_zpswee6l0bs.jpg

Yup, we were hitting up Jungle Cruise.

I love that punny journey.

040_zpsw85o3quq.jpg

These boats are always a great sight to see.

041_zpszakbj4lx.jpg

I'm glad that our skipper followed this notice.

042_zpslqpqquif.jpg

Saying goodbye.

043_zpsyxjxdsdc.jpg

Our skipper, Kate, was incredible. I say this honestly, but she was probably one of the best skippers that we'd ever had. Very funny, very personable and overall just clearly in love with her job.

044_zps9zp8eqru.jpg

This was the only photo that came out from our journey, but I'm sure no one is very upset about that :P

One of my favorite jokes that Kate made was at the end as she was thanking people and she goes, "And thank you to animal crackers for teaching kids all over the world that all animals taste the same."

I was dying with laughter at that point, it was beautiful.

We ended up giving her one of the thank you cards that we'd made for exceptional cast members because she certainly earned it.

And then we had to get going because we had a lunch reservation that we were heading to.

Two bonus points to anyone able to guess where we were headed to lunch and if we had to wait to be seated.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Hey there, Girls!

YAY for a break! You've deserved it! I assume you've passed this term and are really ready for that much needed break! Your royal room looks fabulous! All the little details are awesome! Especially that faucet fixture!

Keep up the good work!!

glad you got to your break from Nursing school - hope you enjoy it and do get to rest up and recharge!

Also glad you enjoyed Moana so much. We saw it and I too really like the music. I think it might have been one of those things where expectations were raised too much for me from so so many people saying how much they loved it and that is was the best Disney movie ever, etc. - as I don't think I liked it as much as that. Don't get me wrong, it was really good but even this year I think I liked Zootopia better. But definitely a great addition to the Disney family

ok, back to the TR

Seems like a good plan to cab it over to the new location if you aren't planning on being in the parks all day / good chunk of time where it is ok if they take a while to transfer your bags. Even better that your room was ready

Very glad they were able to track down your Pooh bear and got him back to you so quickly!

The details in the Royal rooms really do look great! I am sure exploring the room and finding new details is a great part of staying there

Love the Jungle Cruise and glad you had an exceptional skipper. Overall I think the Skippers tend to be people that really love being Skippers which I think is one reason I love that ride so much. Plus, you know, the puns

We just got back from our trip. I am hoping reading about yours will help me get over the blues. I still haven't put up the Christmas tree. Too sad lol

I'm glad they brought your Pooh to you so quickly. I know you're an adult but it can be crushing to loose your little friends especially when they have more meaning.

I'm going to guess Columbia House and no waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter