"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

What Table Service Restaurants are we eating at?
Mamma Melrose, Teppan Edo, Whispering Canyon Café
(QS) Be Our Guest, Sunshine Season, Landscape of Flavour,

2. What will be our First Park?
Magic Kingdom

3. Which Character will we wait for the LONGEST?
Inside Out

Which Ride will be wait for the LONGEST?
Soarin

How many times will we visit Each Park?
MK 4, Epcot 4, AK 1, HS 2

How many Resorts will we visit?
4 - AoA, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Port Orleans French Quarter

What will be our First Park Ride of the trip?
Winnie the Pooh

What Character will we meet First?
Mickey

Name FIVE Snacks we will have
Mickey bar, Dole whip, rice krispie squares, cupcakes, those ice cream martinis
Marie will get some macaroons

How many Pins will we Trade, in Total? (+/- 10)

What Ride will we do the Most?
Splash Mnt

How many times will we (read: Amber) need a Cardigan/Coat?
countless (lol)

How many times will we take a Resort Break?

How many times will we take out our Ponchos?
Once then you will forget them

How many different Modes of Transportation are we gonna use?
3 (4 if walking is one)

Noted and all added! Of course AoA isn't going to count for points for visiting but the rest is fair game :P

We'll see what your totals are but I did lol over the countless cardigans.

Joining in. :wave: Score one for getting on Disney property so early in the morning and the room being ready. It looks like today is going to be a great day.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

It was so nice to be able to start the day out on such high notes. First getting there so early and secondly being able to go straight to our room really set up the day for sure.

I"m so glad I get a day off of work to just sit for hours and catch up around this place! I've missed a ton of good updates!

You MADE IT!! You 2 look so happy and ready for your adventure. I'm hoping we get the front seats as well, but at 11:00, I'm kinda doubting it. Funny about the mystery trip...hmmmm?

I adored your photos from AoA! It gets me so stinkin' excited for our stay there! You had so many good ones, I won't comment on each one, but I just think the whole Cars area is just peachy. We're staying in Mermaid, but now I'm kinda wishing I'd done Cars.

As for POP, the 90s wouldn't be my first pick either, but like you say, for one night, it's ok. :)

Looking forward to more!

I need to find time to catch up on everything, but then you'd know the real struggles of finding time when you're in a nursing program.

We were thrilled! It's possible that you could get front seats though if you end up being the first people getting on a new bus. Don't give up hope. We lucked out that other people didn't want the front seats.

The mystery trip will forever be wondered about.

Thank you! I love the Cars area (did I make that obvious enough :rotfl:) But I think that just staying there in general will be wonderful. Plus, even if you're in Mermaid you can walk over to see the beauty that is the Cars section.

Yup, paying an upcharge for preferred for one night wasn't on our to do list so we figured that the 90s or the 80s were the most likely options and it all worked out.

I need to find time to catch up on everything, but then you'd know the real struggles of finding time when you're in a nursing program.

OH yes, yes I do! And Sister: Nursing School is now YOUR LIFE!! You will never have enough sleep, enough time with loved ones, WAY too much stress, too much work, HOURS of studying and thinking you're an idiot just waiting to make a seriously bad mistake. Hang in there! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!

We were thrilled! It's possible that you could get front seats though if you end up being the first people getting on a new bus. Don't give up hope. We lucked out that other people didn't want the front seats.

I will hold out hope! Seriously not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. But ya know...

Thank you! I love the Cars area (did I make that obvious enough :rotfl:) But I think that just staying there in general will be wonderful. Plus, even if you're in Mermaid you can walk over to see the beauty that is the Cars section.

I think I may just wander the whole resort after we arrive and while the kids either sleep or watch TV. They may swim, or ??? I just want to take photos.

OH yes, yes I do! And Sister: Nursing School is now YOUR LIFE!! You will never have enough sleep, enough time with loved ones, WAY too much stress, too much work, HOURS of studying and thinking you're an idiot just waiting to make a seriously bad mistake. Hang in there! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!
Already started and I'm going crazy with the studying that I've been doing. Our first test just happened and I was like, holy crap I'm an idiot that they're never going to let practice nursing. So, hopefully I manage to get through without failing. Marie is learning what it is to be a guinea pig as I start practicing how to take vitals.

I will hold out hope! Seriously not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. But ya know...
I'll send some pixie dust your way :)

I think I may just wander the whole resort after we arrive and while the kids either sleep or watch TV. They may swim, or ??? I just want to take photos.
Yeah, they can find something to do and you can wander cause it's gorgeous. I'd wander around too.

Day 2, Part 3: "Where is the music?"

When we walked into the lobby again we were taken by size of it, but also just how gorgeous it was in there.

051_zpsy8pok4tw.jpg

The concept art is amazing.

052_zps6zqgnlcc.jpg

And the colors and triangle lights and just all of it.

053_zpstqzzpo8o.jpg

They really outdid themselves here.

054_zpsxvi18kpc.jpg

I mean, come on.

055_zps3b4v0uht.jpg

It is strange to me that Pop and AoA are both set up where you've got to go through the gift shop to get to the food court.

056_zpsjprxsbg0.jpg

And we were hungry enough to just walk straight through to the food.

Marie and I split off to different stations and I helped a lady in line. Her husband and son had gone to different stations and they were on the dining plan, but were confused to if they had to check out all together or if they could do it without her and still have it work. I assured her that it doesn't make a difference how you check out.

057_zpsfs1lxtqj.jpg

Marie got herself a smoothie with just strawberry, some character waffles, bacon and fruit salad.

She was thrilled that the fruit salad was actually fruits and not just a bunch of melon.

058_zpsvun0uaqv.jpg

I made my own omelet with ham, onions and cheese. My problem ended up being that they put so much cheese in it that it wasn't enjoyable for me so I picked at a lot of it but c'est la vie.

059_zpsf7dkus3x.jpg

Whole place was really nice.

060_zpskm1ijygc.jpg

No surprise.

061_zpsqoze4eya.jpg

Once we'd finished eating it was getting close to 8:20 and we knew we'd have to head out to catch a bus to make sure we had enough time.

We walked straight out the door and...

062_zpsdjpvjv6t.jpg

Our bus was there!

This never happens to us.

063_zps6kwzy9aa.jpg

I like the new rotating signs, they're really cute.

However, the bus was really cold so...
064_zpsvcozdbcj.jpg

Cardigan count - 1

And yes, many of you were right in saying we were going to the Magic Kingdom first. It wasn't our initial plan but then we found out a certain ride would be going down after that day and knew we'd have to change our plans.

Along the way to the park we started getting ready for our favorite part of going to Magic Kingdom - the bus loop that plays when you arrive.

And then it happened...

Or rather it didn't happen! There was no bus loop!

What a sad way to start things out.

But, we gathered up our sadness and started toward the entrance.

065_zpsrymcjgp6.jpg

We were surprised that we were able to go in the area that is usually exit only. But, we weren't going to complain that we didn't have to walk further.

066_zpsxntzq536.jpg

However, as you can see here I ended up getting randomly selected. So we did have to take a bit of extra time anyway.

067_zpsak7t5rm7.jpg

We managed to get in just as the Welcome Show was starting.

True, we didn't have the best view but it was still great to see it.

And then it was over and we were allowed into the most magical place on Earth!

068_zpscwvrdmcn.jpg

There's nothing like when you first walk onto Main Street and see it all over again.

069_zps9jw3koqe.jpg

Even crowds wouldn't bother us.

070_zpsrtpifa6z.jpg

We glimpsed the Castle along the way, but we had important things to do so we didn't linger.

071_zpshceynuay.jpg

It's amazing how empty things can get when you leave Main Street.

072_zps6kvlzw17.jpg

Liberty Square is always beautiful and peaceful.

073_zps0gf0am1s.jpg

We ran into some people along the way, but that's cause we were still being held at the rope up ahead.

And soon enough we were seeing this:

074_zpsyoyxwxh2.jpg

Ahh Splash, what a beautiful way to start the day.

I'm also proud to say that we didn't run into any crazy people trying to jump out of the log so that was good.

075a_zpszyyrvrah.jpg

Marie and I were terrified at the drop too.

But after sitting in the back at least we weren't totally soaked. So that was nice.

Once we'd been through the Briar Patch though, we had pressing plans to attend to.

Bonus point for anyone who guesses where we're headed next.

Click for next post

Last edited:

It always surprises me too how empty things are when you get of MS at park opening. That first couple of hours counts for SO much!

Sadness all around about the lack of a bus loop. Booo! But glad that you got to see the Opening Show to make up for some of that. :)

Breakfast looked yummy too. Such a neat looking resort! Can't wait!

Sorry it took a little while to get this updated. The nursing program is no joke - between labs, tests and reading assignments I feel like I spend all my time doing school stuff.

I've heard the nursing program is brutal from a few sources.

Marie and I set our alarm for 5:30 the next morning because, as you'll know if you've ever followed a TR by us before, we are quick to get ready in the morning.

Did not know this.
Know this now.

However, at 4:30 AM (points to pkondz for being on the nose)

Schweet!

I mean, wide awake with that 'I'm going to Disney World' excitement that can't be tamed

:laughing: That happens!

However, at around 5:15 I woke her up with all my wiggling around in bed because I couldn't contain my happiness that we were finally going to be back at Disney.

"wiggling around" You mean like:

"MARIE! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY TODAY!!! WAKE UP!!!!!"

Once she was finished we headed outside where we got back into the shuttle with another couple. They asked if we were headed home and we wer elike, uh, no we're going to Disney! That's why we're in such a great mood.

They were trying to gloat and rub it in.
Ha! Joke's on them!

Now there's a happy girl!

That's right, we got a front row view.

That means you have to produce the sign photo.

And you did.
Carry on.

Yup, this blurry resort sign was our stop. So we never got to find out what was going on with the mystery bus ride.

Drove into Bay Lake. Was never seen again.
Good thing you got off when you did.

Nevertheless, we headed inside to the lobby. We were taken aback by how large it is. That was literally our first impression, just the size of it. We're used to the French Quarter and the All Stars, which have lobbies that are not so sweeping. But, Pop is the resort with the most rooms on property so a large lobby makes sense.

Huh. Never noticed that.

We went to check in for our night here and found that our room was ready. It was still so early, not even 7:30 yet so we were surprised.

Wow! Ready at 7:30am!!
I'm a little shocked.

008_zpsc7woqy2a.jpg

Here I am being thrilled to arrive.

That is one thrilled girl.

It was fine. A value room. The shower curtain was hella boring though.

You're in Disney. But you noticed the shower curtain!

:laughing:

We noted the new signs on our way over to the bridge that connects AoA with Pop.

Noticed those too.
Tragic that they need to be there now.

Day 2, Part 2: "Punch me, Marie. Punch me in the face."

:lmao: Now that's a chapter title!

And then, it got better because I got to take pictures with the Cars!!

Pleased, were you?

Here's me awkwardly realizing that I'm probably interrupting a moment between Lightning and Sally.

Oh, dear. Who knows what could have been?

I even did pushups for Sarge!

Says the girl who moments ago was berating the joggers... :rolleyes2

I may have gotten off on the wrong foot with the Sheriff.

Switch to the other foot!

Like of these seagulls.

mine! mine!

When we walked into the lobby again we were taken by size of it, but also just how gorgeous it was in there.

::yes:: Haven't been, but have seen plenty of photos.

We walked straight out the door and...

062_zpsdjpvjv6t.jpg

Our bus was there!

This never happens to us.

Oh? You need to get the VIP bus package.
Then again... maybe this was the start of awesome bus service?

I like the new rotating signs, they're really cute.

::yes::

And then it happened...

Or rather it didn't happen! There was no bus loop!

What a sad way to start things out.

But not too sad.... you're in Disney!!

We managed to get in just as the Welcome Show was starting.

Good timing!

And then it was over and we were allowed into the most magical place on Earth!

:goodvibes

There's nothing like when you first walk onto Main Street and see it all over again.

I'm also proud to say that we didn't run into any crazy people trying to jump out of the log so that was good.

Whups! That happened????

075a_zpszyyrvrah.jpg

Marie and I were terrified at the drop too.

:laughing: Great shot!

Bonus point for anyone who guesses where we're headed next.

I was thinking BOG... but then remembered you'd just had breakfast.
Wasn't BTMRR down when you were there? If it's not, you're going there.
If it was... hmmmm..... POTC.

It always surprises me too how empty things are when you get of MS at park opening. That first couple of hours counts for SO much!

Sadness all around about the lack of a bus loop. Booo! But glad that you got to see the Opening Show to make up for some of that. :)

Breakfast looked yummy too. Such a neat looking resort! Can't wait!

People love their sleep, that's for sure. And I love taking advantage of those empty hours.

That's true! It was a trade off, bu I'd have preferred to have both in an ideal world.

It was amazing.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Noted!

I've heard the nursing program is brutal from a few sources.
All your sources are very correct. In a month and a half of school we've lost 12 people.

"wiggling around" You mean like:

"MARIE! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY TODAY!!! WAKE UP!!!!!"
Nah, I was trying to let her sleep but I just couldn't stay still.

They were trying to gloat and rub it in.
Ha! Joke's on them!
That's right!

Now there's a happy girl!
So happy!

That means you have to produce the sign photo.

And you did.
Carry on.
We know what we're about :P

Drove into Bay Lake. Was never seen again.
Good thing you got off when you did.
Whew, it is good that we got off.

Huh. Never noticed that.
It's true. Going from one to another will show you just how big it is.

Wow! Ready at 7:30am!!
I'm a little shocked.
We were too!

That is one thrilled girl.
How could I not be?

You're in Disney. But you noticed the shower curtain!
It was my first impression, I have to notice the shower curtain.

Noticed those too.
Tragic that they need to be there now.
It was a super sad story and hopefully one that is never repeated.

Now that's a chapter title!
It's my take on my favorite Cars quote ;)

Pleased, were you?
How could I not be?

Oh, dear. Who knows what could have been?
Who knows indeed.

Says the girl who moments ago was berating the joggers...
I only did like 2 and it was the only day.

Switch to the other foot!
Great idea!

Haven't been, but have seen plenty of photos.
You should go, for sure.

Oh? You need to get the VIP bus package.
Then again... maybe this was the start of awesome bus service?
Maybe, we'll see.

But not too sad.... you're in Disney!!
One can't be too sad in Disney, that's true.

Good timing!
Perfect timing!

Whups! That happened????

It 100% happened. Here's a link to the chapter in our last TR where it happened: The craziest Disney thing we've witnessed

Great shot!
We tried.

I was thinking BOG... but then remembered you'd just had breakfast.
Wasn't BTMRR down when you were there? If it's not, you're going there.
If it was... hmmmm..... POTC.
Noted :)

In a month and a half of school we've lost 12 people.

Wow. How many left?

Nah, I was trying to let her sleep but I just couldn't stay still.

Hard to stay still when you're going to Disney.

It's true. Going from one to another will show you just how big it is.

I'll have to take note, next time.

It was my first impression, I have to notice the shower curtain.

:laughing: And here I think it's just about the last thing I notice!

It was a super sad story and hopefully one that is never repeated.

Amen to that.

I only did like 2 and it was the only day.

Wel.... okay. I'll let it go this time.

You should go, for sure.

Maybe some day.

It 100% happened

Wow.
That's nuts!
Great Splash shot BTW.
I presume you saw mine and Kay's from my last TR?

Not surprising. One bit.
It was for us. Even with our warning that most people would drop, it just seemed so early.

Wow. How many left?
88. So, still quite a few.

Hard to stay still when you're going to Disney.
Disney day is the best day!

I'll have to take note, next time.
Do, you'll be surprised.

And here I think it's just about the last thing I notice!
Well I'm a detail person :P

Wel.... okay. I'll let it go this time.
Thank you, very kind of you.

Wow.
That's nuts!
Great Splash shot BTW.
I presume you saw mine and Kay's from my last TR?
It was the craziest.

Thank you.

And I did, Marie showed me. I loved it.

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all the other Canadians following along!

Secondly, I've got a bit of personal news and that's that we finally got our first nursing test back and I passed it with a grade and a half higher than the class average. It wasn't super high, but I was so relieved and feel a lot better going into my next test. So yay!

Day 2, Part 4: "How do you think you'd feel if you heard that all day?"

Of course, we ended up heading over to...

076_zpsuhepxjo7.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Points for pkondz and felynn!

Fun fact, we weren't even planning on going to Magic Kingdom on our first day but Marie realized that Big Thunder Mountain (her favorite mountain in Magic Kingdom) would be open still before closing the next day for our whole trip. So, we made a trip to Magic Kingdom just to be able to ride it while it was still up.

Usually at that time of morning, it'd be a walk on but it seemed we weren't the only people who knew it was going down and wanted to take advantage.

The line did move steadily, but it was more open than we'd ever seen it.

076_zpsuhepxjo7.jpg

Like this area was open.

078_zpsqqiqkblu.jpg

I did like looking at the signs though.

079_zpsfjly9fr3.jpg

And I managed to snap this shot that I was rather proud of.

We were some of the only people really following the guy who said to go down on both sides and ended up in the much shorter side.

When we got to the front, we asked if we could be in the back and got sent all the way to the end. We had to wait an extra train, but it was worth it.

080_zpsbbqwnc11.jpg

Here we are being thrilled.

Once we'd gotten through the wildest ride int he wilderness we considered going again, but the wait was already going up. Instead, we went and made some fastpasses at the fastpass kiosk.

With some time until our first window, we decided to hit up another favorite while the line would still be short.

081_zpsmmbglxyi.jpg

The skim was up, which was sad because I didn't get to look at the beautiful mansion for real.

The wait was listed at 15 minutes, but it was probably only a little less than 10 before we were lead into the stretching room.

082_zpsgtndvmgt.jpg

The line wasn't even open fully.

As usual, we had a great time. In the end we got the ghost who blew out our faces with the lantern which we seem to get a lot.

By that point our first fastpass was close to opening, so we wanted to head over that way.

083_zpsv7s8s2vi.jpg

We did stop to take pictures of the most photogenic bathrooms in America first.

As we continued on though, I noted that there was a 10 minute wait posted for PhilharMagic and since it's one of Marie's favorites, I suggested we head in.

084_zpsno1nup8f.jpg

085_zpsiq4axj89.jpg

It was looking pretty empty.

086_zps9hqjer45.jpg

However, we found the people soon enough and as you can see there were quite a few already lined up.

That worked in our favor because the doors opened less than 5 minutes later and we could follow people in and end up more centered in a row while still following directions.

Donald's antics were as entertaining as ever to watch and then the fastpass window was fully open.

So, we made our way over to...

087_zpsduk1jbcx.jpg

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, of course!

088_zpsxxwnbvqw.jpg

I even got a red card!

All in all, it was pretty thrilling.

089_zpssij5tzlb.jpg

We ended up riding with another couple around our age range who joked that we were the ideal age range for the ride. I mean, I think everyone is the ideal age range for Winnie the Pooh.

As we exited into Hundred Acre Goods we realized that it was downpouring outside. Hence, my John Green impression "In a stunning turn of events.. it seems to be raining in Florida, in August."

If we were to be trapped somewhere by rain though, I can't think of another place I'd rather be.

090_zpsrmvndvsc.jpg

Someday I must get one of these Pooh bear balls.

When the rain let up, we set off toward our next destination although there was still time before our next fastpass would open.

091_zpsg9w2uiko.jpg

The speedway had a crowd.

092_zpsejysmzgb.jpg

We stopped into Mickey's Star Traders to do some pin trading.

093_zpsojfoyhii.jpg

I sighed over my favorite trees in all of Disney.

094_zpsoqqnsdlw.jpg

The crowds weren't too heavy at that point, which was nice.

095_zpsjag3o3zu.jpg

We set off in search of the famous Purple Wall whilst in Tomorrowland but without success.

Since we hadn't succeed, we decided to go ahead and see a classic.

096_zpsechx4ska.jpg

Carousel of Progress looks nice with its new paint job.

Upon heading in though, the speakers were broken in the first room which was just really a bummer cause we couldn't hear anything but the music and background sounds. Luckily, the other rooms were much better.

After journeying through the years with our favorite family, we had a fastpass to make.

097_zps2fllyeps.jpg

That's right, we were riding Buzz Lightyear.

For some reason, it's the only picture I have that came out clearly and our ride photo didn't end up showing up.

Just after we got in, we got stopped at the safety bar lowering part where the same thing was just repeated again and again. Even after a minute it was starting to drive me a bit crazy - yet there was a cast member standing right in that area hearing it for probably hours on end.

Amazed at the fact that she wasn't going crazy, I turned to Marie and asked, "How do you think you'd feel if you heard that all day?"

Her reply? "I wouldn't."

I love that woman.

All you really need to about the outcome of the game is that I won.

098_zps1115xv1k.jpg

We did say hello to these guys after playing.

But then headed over to another Tomorrowland favorite.

099_zpsqd3ztj1g.jpg

Is there anything more relaxing than kicking back for a full circle tour of Tomorrowland?

100_zpsx2mletfp.jpg

Especially when this view is possible?

I mean... it's the best.

Scroll for next post

Day 2, Part 5: "It'll be about 20 minutes."

We continued our ride and were treated to more views from around my favorite land.

101_zpsn7cpstwx.jpg

Like the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Happy with our usage of time, we set off to try and find something else to do.

In our quest we stumbled upon it...

The purple wall! Right by the Tomorrowland Terrace, if you didn't already know. And Marie and I had to get our basic Disney girl on.

102_zpslseuwcqy.jpg

103_zps0fng5iwk.jpg

I think we were pretty fab.

By that point we were getting hungry and despite having reservations for later... we decided to see if we could walk up somewhere.

104_zpsbfzrjsqg.jpg

The Plaza said that they could get us in around 20 minutes, so we went to go sit down in front of the restaurant and just soak in the Main Street atmosphere.

The 20 minutes they told us they'd need? Turned out to be a little less than 5 before our buzzer was going off and we were lead inside.

105_zpsne2mmf08.jpg

We took a picture of the menu.

106_zpssbzvrjvt.jpg

And Marie took a picture of me.

The Plaza is actually really beautiful. A little small, but still very charming.

107_zpstfmjocom.jpg

I ordered the meatloaf which came with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. It was good.

108_zps2lzbzbkw.jpg

Marie had the plaza club with homemade chips. She loved the chips a lot more than the sandwich, but found it enjoyable too.

Scoop Sanderson came in and did a whole ceremony with an adorable little girl which was really cute to watch.

We chatted a little with the family next to us because they had a cute little toddler who waved and smiled at me. Of course I waved and smiled back and they struck up a bit of conversation. They were very nice and I hope they enjoyed the rest of their trip.

Bellies full, we headed to go and use our last fastpass for the Magic Kingdom.

109_zpsvgartwnf.jpg

First snapping a picture of Cinderella Castle, of course.

110_zpsxqfm61ve.jpg

The Move It, Shake It, Play It Dance Party was going down the street pretty much after we crossed so we turned to take a picture.

111_zpsvyxhps2m.jpg

And another of all the ducks having a duck party.

What a life Disney ducks lead.

112_zps0rt9febb.jpg

Imagine living in the Magic Kingdom and getting to see this whenever you want. It's the dream.

113_zps9sis9yea.jpg

Soon we were headed into Adventureland though.

114_zps23v2pfp5.jpg

We looked at Skipper Canteen from the outside.

115_zpsqfhnxmmf.jpg

And saw people outside trying to lure others in.

116_zpszyejgxro.jpg

Marie was overjoyed that Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was down because I couldn't suggest it like I always do.

Not that we've ever been on it. I just suggest it and she comes up with reasons we shouldn't do it.

117_zpswqzke0av.jpg

We waved to the Enchanted Tiki Room as we passed by to our real destination.

118_zpssxofj1rx.jpg

Ahh, here we were.

I know some people would consider the fastpass a waste for Pirates of the Caribbean, but we hadn't done it in several trips and knew that we really wanted to do it that day. So, this was insurance in case the line was out of control.

As you can see it wasn't.

Mostly, we were just glad that there was no flooding of the boats.

When we came out, however, it was pouring all over again.

119_zps4ngulznw.jpg

So, we killed some time in the dump shop.

120_zpsl43wxd8h.jpg

There is quite a bit inside to look at.

121_zpskuxr3kau.jpg

You can see a little bit of the rain in this picture, but it was really coming down.

122_zpso4cc94qi.jpg

123_zpshs97toys.jpg

124_zpsmkcasaik.jpg

At some point though, we knew that we'd be late for our reservation if we just continued to hide from the rain, so we pulled out our ponchos to face the rain like the true Disney vets we are.

In the next update we'll be heading to a resort and eating somewhere so there are points available if you guess either (or both correct).

Click for next post

Last edited:
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all the other Canadians following along!

Thanks! Right back atcha!

Secondly, I've got a bit of personal news and that's that we finally got our first nursing test back and I passed it with a grade and a half higher than the class average.

Way to go!!! Congrats!

Of course, we ended up heading over to...

076_zpsuhepxjo7.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Don't mind me. Just totally jealous.

Points for pkondz and felynn!

Well... okay. Jealousy tempered a bit.

Fun fact, we weren't even planning on going to Magic Kingdom on our first day but Marie realized that Big Thunder Mountain (her favorite mountain in Magic Kingdom) would be open still before closing the next day for our whole trip. So, we made a trip to Magic Kingdom just to be able to ride it while it was still up.

I would've done the exact same thing.

We were some of the only people really following the guy who said to go down on both sides and ended up in the much shorter side.

People can be sheep. I see this all. the. time.

When we got to the front, we asked if we could be in the back and got sent all the way to the end. We had to wait an extra train, but it was worth it.

Interesting. I almost always ask for the front row. I like the unencumbered view.

With some time until our first window, we decided to hit up another favorite while the line would still be short.

081_zpsmmbglxyi.jpg

Best ride in Disney.

The skim was up, which was sad because I didn't get to look at the beautiful mansion for real.

Oh! Too bad. I see it there in the photo of course.

The line wasn't even open fully.

Nor was it while I was there.

As usual, we had a great time. In the end we got the ghost who blew out our faces with the lantern which we seem to get a lot.

Really? Never had it.

However, we found the people soon enough and as you can see there were quite a few already lined up.

That's okay, because...

That worked in our favor because the doors opened less than 5 minutes later and we could follow people in and end up more centered in a row while still following directions.

... of that.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, of course!

You FP'd Pooh!

:lmao:

I even got a red card!

It's funny isn't it? It really does nothing for you, but... you're thrilled when you get it.
It's like you're almost a CM.

All in all, it was pretty thrilling.

:rotfl: That's one word for it.

"In a stunning turn of events.. it seems to be raining in Florida, in August."

The speedway had a crowd.

Must be all first-timers.

I sighed over my favorite trees in all of Disney.

Mine too! And I'm sure I took a photo of them as well.

The crowds weren't too heavy at that point, which was nice.

Rain. It's good for some things.

We set off in search of the famous Purple Wall whilst in Tomorrowland but without success.

Purple wall?

Amazed at the fact that she wasn't going crazy, I turned to Marie and asked, "How do you think you'd feel if you heard that all day?"

Her reply? "I wouldn't."

I love that woman.

:laughing: and ... awwww...

All you really need to about the outcome of the game is that I won.

I wonder if Marie would say otherwise.

Is there anything more relaxing than kicking back for a full circle tour of Tomorrowland?

Nope!

Especially when this view is possible?

That ride is worth it just for that view.
We have the same photo (as does everyone else, I suspect.)

The purple wall! Right by the Tomorrowland Terrace, if you didn't already know

Okay. What's the significance?

I think we were pretty fab.

The 20 minutes they told us they'd need? Turned out to be a little less than 5 before our buzzer was going off and we were lead inside.

Time flies in Disney.

Very pretty shot of you!

I ordered the meatloaf which came with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. It was good.

Looks good, too.

Marie had the plaza club with homemade chips.

<whimper> Home made, too?

Man I miss chips! Only 3 more months to go!

First snapping a picture of Cinderella Castle, of course.

Of course. It's a rules.

What a life Disney ducks lead.

Celebrity relatives.

Imagine living in the Magic Kingdom and getting to see this whenever you want. It's the dream.

And saw people outside trying to lure others in.

I keep hearing "It's a trap!" in my head.

Marie was overjoyed that Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was down because I couldn't suggest it like I always do.

Not that we've ever been on it. I just suggest it and she comes up with reasons we shouldn't do it.

OMG... :rotfl:

I know some people would consider the fastpass a waste for Pirates of the Caribbean, but we hadn't done it in several trips and knew that we really wanted to do it that day. So, this was insurance in case the line was out of control.

Nope. I totally get it.

There is quite a bit inside to look at.

Interesting photos. I always just zip right through that place.

Oh. And you're off to the GF café.

Oh man I'm behind! Life is way too hectic right now lol.

052_zps6zqgnlcc.jpg

And the colors and triangle lights and just all of it.

I adore this lobby - so pretty!

I do not blame you! It's one of my favorites though, so I'm a little biased lol.

The purple wall! Right by the Tomorrowland Terrace, if you didn't already know. And Marie and I had to get our basic Disney girl on.

I have never been able to find this wall, womp.

Trying to dig my way out after the long trip, but I am caught up and loved your recent updates. :) You got a lot done at MK for sure! I think now I can engage a bit more and even multi quote from this point forward. :)

Way to go!!! Congrats!
Thank you!

Don't mind me. Just totally jealous.
No need to be. It'll be up again :P

Well... okay. Jealousy tempered a bit.
Glad we could help.

I would've done the exact same thing.
Glad we're not alone.

People can be sheep. I see this all. the. time.
Well those sheep got us in much quicker.

Interesting. I almost always ask for the front row. I like the unencumbered view.
We find the back is much faster than the front and a bit more wild.

Best ride in Disney.
Sometimes I'm in agreement, sometimes I'm not :P It's one of my favorites for sure.

Oh! Too bad. I see it there in the photo of course.
Yeah, skims just aren't as good as the real thing.

Really? Never had it.
We almost always get it. It's fine.

You FP'd Pooh!

:lmao:
Umm I'd always FP Winnie the Pooh if it was up to me. It's like somedays my favorite MK ride.

It's funny isn't it? It really does nothing for you, but... you're thrilled when you get it.
It's like you're almost a CM.
I know, but it just makes me feel so special.

:rotfl: That's one word for it.
I'm always thrilled :P

Must be all first-timers.
Probably and I suppose some people who just love it.

Mine too! And I'm sure I took a photo of them as well.
I don't know what it is about them, but they're fantastic.

Rain. It's good for some things.
Some things.

I wonder if Marie would say otherwise.
Well she hasn't been updating so...

That ride is worth it just for that view.
We have the same photo (as does everyone else, I suspect.)
I mean, I don't know why anyone would miss the opportunity.

Okay. What's the significance?
It's a big thing in the Disney Instagram community. That just kind of blew up. I don't know why, other than the fact that it's cute.

Time flies in Disney.
Too fast.

Very pretty shot of you!
Thank you!

<whimper> Home made, too?

Man I miss chips! Only 3 more months to go!
I wasn't a huge fan, but Marie was in love with them.

Of course. It's a rules.
I always follow the rules.

Celebrity relatives.
I need one of those.

I keep hearing "It's a trap!" in my head.
Glad to help :P

We try ;)

Nope. I totally get it.
Glad I don't have to defend us too much.

Interesting photos. I always just zip right through that place.
Usually we do too.

Oh. And you're off to the GF café.
I guess we'll see :P

Oh man I'm behind! Life is way too hectic right now lol.
I definitely can't fault you for that lol

I adore this lobby - so pretty!
It is gorgeous

I do not blame you! It's one of my favorites though, so I'm a little biased lol.
I'm okay with a little bias :P

I have never been able to find this wall, womp.
Just head through the Tomorrowland Terrace and you'll find it right on the side behind the rocks.

Trying to dig my way out after the long trip, but I am caught up and loved your recent updates. :) You got a lot done at MK for sure! I think now I can engage a bit more and even multi quote from this point forward. :)
Thank you! And I'm going to try and engage more too, even though it's been crazy around here. But I'm looking forward to lazing around tomorrow since my next test is still a little while away and catching up on TRs like yours :)

I feel like every single update of this TR is just going to start with me apologizing for being so busy. I'm going to try and be more regular with updates, but probably as the semester draws to an end that will go out the window.

So, I'm sorry and I'll try and be better, but I make no promises.

Day 2, Part 6: "Did you just take a nap?"

The first thing we did before leaving was stop into Guest Relations, so that we could upgrade our tickets into annual passes. The process was quite easy, actually, and soon enough we had our fancy new cards that we didn't take pictures of.

Happy with our new status, we then made our way out of the park and to a bus stop.

Unfortunately, we had just missed a bus and so it took a little longer (around 15 minutes) for our bus to come.

But then we were seeing this:

125_zpsnxrp5auv.jpg

At that point we were running a little late for our reservation, but we know that they hold it for like 15 minutes without an issue so we were trying not to stress too much. And that was easier with the really relaxing music they have on the bus for the Yacht and Beach Club.

Since our destination was in the middle of the two resorts, basically, we decided just to get off at the Yacht Club and rush through. Given the rush neither of us snapped any pictures of the resort because we wanted to get to the restaurant as quickly as possible.

And when we reached our place of reservation, they were perfectly okay with the fact that we were late and as such we were seated pretty much right away.

126_zpskf4aqeu7.jpg

That's right, we were finally at the famous Beaches and Cream!

The first thing that struck me about it, is how small a place it really is. Since we'd never been in before, I'd always imagined that it was larger but it does explain the difficulty of getting reservations at peak times. Our reservation was 2:30, to give you an idea of how we got it.

The second thing that struck me is how adorable it is in there. I love it. The theming, as usual, was spot on.

127_zpsr8vkcsx5.jpg

I mean, the whole place is just so cute.

Since Marie and I had already eaten lunch, we decided just to get a dessert here and what better place?

128_zpsoj3lrcen.jpg

We got the Fudge Mudslide to split and it was more than enough for the two of us.

In fact, we didn't even end up finishing it all. So, we're a long way from taking on the Kitchen Sink although we will do it someday. We'll just bring lots of people with us.

Overall, it was a really nice place to grab dessert and I'm sure that we'll go back again.

We were practically waddling out after adding all that delicious ice cream to the food that we'd already eaten.

So our slow movement gave us a few minutes to just take in the beauty of the area.

129_zpsi7yiar3e.jpg

130_zpsnzpi9tgo.jpg

The Beach Club is just amazingly beautiful. I could spend a lot of time just looking at it.

131_zpsbkwevn5c.jpg

And the view across Crescent Lake is pretty great too.

132_zpszzss4oej.jpg

Someday, I must go on this slide.

We decided to take a Friendship boat over to Hollywood Studios at that point because the idea of walking when we were so full was just not a fun idea. Not to mention, it was pretty hot despite it misting slightly.

133_zpsmxzn4osw.jpg

We got into a fairly short line and it was maybe 5 minutes before the next boat pulled up.

134_zps2nejbpxw.jpg

Our chariot.

I always forget how slow those boats are until I'm actually inside of one and then I'm like, wow, this is slow. But it's a nice ride.

135_zpshcllkal7.jpg

We said hello to the Studios, but didn't actually go in.

Now, originally, our plan for the day had been a late followed by heading straight into Hollywood Studios which would have been our first park of the trip. That plan had also included sleeping in at our airport hotel and heading over to Disney at a lesurely pace.

Of course, because of our need to head the Magic Kingdom to be able to ride Big Thunder Mountain, that didn't end up happening. So, instead of heading into the park we decided that we needed a break back at the room and made our way to the bus stop instead.

136_zpsoqqnj4qh.jpg

Pop's stop is forever away, but we managed.

Our bus was pretty quick to come and soon we were back to the resort. Which was good because I got bus sick on the way back and was almost actually sick by the time we were pulling into the resort parking lot.

It was all the ice cream that I'd eaten, coming back to haunt me. I didn't regret it though. Okay, maybe a little, but not enough that I wouldn't do it again.

We made our way back to the room where I was eager to take a nap and Marie planned on just relaxing because she can never nap.

And then, the unbelievable happened. Marie took a nap along with me for a solid couple of hours.

I know a lot of people don't believe in sleeping at Disney, but I'm here to tell you that a nap can go a long way and for us it definitely did. By the time we were waking up, we both felt really refreshed and ready to get on with our evening.

Once we put ourselves back together, we headed out and decided to try the shortcut across the parking lot to the bus stop.

137_zps4ib2y02u.jpg

What we learned was it really was a shortcut and made our walk very quick.

138_zpslgpe6ul8.jpg

I'm all for quick walks.

139_zpsxqn8zrop.jpg

140_zpsrsqjud9o.jpg

At this point in the day, it did take about 15 minutes for a bus to get to us, but we weren't sweating it. Well, okay, it was super hot outside so we were sweating a little, but it wasn't due to timing.

Plus, first in line means choice of seats and I'm all for that.

Not too much longer, we were seeing this, again.

141_zpsa20q2m9l.jpg

Except, this time we headed inside.

142_zpsrsa6nf0h.jpg

143_zpszqcrjeud.jpg

I really miss the hat at the end of the street.

I didn't have too much time to mope though, because we had plans.

144_zpsjueacgat.jpg

First, we said hello to Gertie.

145_zpsvxylxdxx.jpg

And I noticed this cool detail that I hadn't before.

But then we were continuing on our way. Which, we ran into some cuties headed to Jedi Training and felt awesome for them.

146_zpsm2nhfwbv.jpg

Especially because we were headed...

147_zps96k3zaxo.jpg

Here, of course.

We had fastpasses and were hitting the end of our window, so that was nice.

148_zps2sc4itw9.jpg

We waved hi to R2

149_zps88w8z7sy.jpg

And C3P0

But we had a flight to catch so we hurried along.

My goal of the flight had been to be the rebel spy and I was prepared and everything for it as I've read tips about being facing forward with a pleasant or neutral expression on your face. But alas, it was not I who was chosen.

I couldn't stay too upset though, because we did get the Jakku scene and got to see Finn and BB-8. So, I was geeking out about it.

Scroll for the next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter