The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

Yes, lots of changes around here "ON" the DIS, and away from it also! :)

Glad you are back and congratulations on finishing up nursing school so you can make some Disney trip money! :banana: I know it was taking a lot of your time when you were around before. I'm not the greatest at keeping up around here lately, but I'll try to read and comment when I can. :surfweb:

Yes, it sure did take up all my time but it was worth it. I am an overachiever and wanted to be top of the class. :laughing: Now that I am out of school I may not be studying all the time but instead work keeps me pretty busy. I finally have a day off after working pretty much everyday for the past two weeks and my last two days were overtime. One 16 hour shift followed by a 12 hour. I was exhausted by the end of it all. I just keep thinking of all the travel money I am earning. ;)

Your brothers are characters!

I have no idea what dining at BOG even means LOL I'll have to look that up.

From what I have read Be Our Guest is the latest must-do dining experience. I must admit that I am very much looking forward to eating in Beast's castle!

Your mom tearing up when entering the parks each visit moved me. That's how we feel. Each trip is special, unique and a lasting memory.

We still go every year but our preparation has gone by the wayside. We just kind of wing it now. We probably take it for granted.

I'm in Lessa.

I imagine if you are going every year that it becomes much less important to have "must-do's" as you know there is always next time. I actually think it is pretty nice to be able to just show up without much planning and wing it and relax.

You bring back all my memories of switching resorts over and over. We are renting DVC points so I am locked in for the 3 resorts we are staying at lol. We check in to the Beach Club on the 7th, maybe we will see you there (if you don't change your mind again that is :) ). It is so great that you get to travel with your Mom, treasure your time with her, I would give anything to have gone to Disney with my Mom.

Your plans look great, I can't wait to read more about them. I am loving the pictures from your past trips. Congrats on getting the ADR's you wanted. We are waiting for the Candlelight Processional information to be released too. It drives me crazy that Disney wants us to make our dining reservations 180 days out but they don't have the Candlelight schedule out so we can use it to plan our days.

That would be great if we get to meet up!

Yeah, I am annoyed the CP info/packages are not out yet.

Park Plans - Part Four

This will be our fifth vacation day and fourth park day. I've decided that since we are on vacation it might be nice to sleep in a bit, maybe hit the pool, just relax. I picked this day for that as we will probably be tired after our first three park days plus we will be up pretty late this night as we will be going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

I have no concrete plans for the first part of the day although I did make a reservation for breakfast/brunch at Chef Mickey's for 11am. I have a question and hope somebody else knows or has done this before at a similar meal such as Crystal Palace. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's runs until 11:30 and brunch starts immediately after that. Since our ADR is at 11, technically breakfast, I assume we will be charged the breakfast rate rather than the brunch rate even though we will still be there and eating when it switches to brunch at 11:30?

We may decide to not keep the ADR but I thought it would be a good thing to have as I figured after eating we could tour around the Magic Kingdom resorts and check out the decorations and then enter MK at 4 with our party tickets.

This may also be a good Downtown Disney day. Alek and Erich want to go to Disney Quest and so this day is an option if they don't go on arrival day. Mom and I could then spend time wandering around the stores.

Back to the Christmas Party though. I am excited for this as we have never been to any of the parties. Well, except for Erich. He is spoiled and has been to both the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party.

I'm looking forward to the parade and fireworks and the Christmas shows. I'm also hoping for some fun and unique character opportunities. I know the Seven Dwarves are usually out and that the line for them is absolutely crazy. I would love a picture with them but the only way I see that happening is to get in line even before the party starts at 7. I'm definitely not wasting all my party time in line for one character photo. So, we will see what happens with that. A dwarf picture will not make or break my day.

Erich got his picture with Scrooge when he went to the party a few years ago and that would be a fun picture to get. We grew up on Duck Tales. Mickey's Christmas Carol is also an annual Christmas viewing must for me.

Based on advise I have read we will probably view the second parade as it is supposedly less crowded. I can't wait to see it!

Other than that I will wait and see what info comes out about the parties once they start up in November.

Any tips for the party from those who have gone in the past?

We love 'pool days'.

We usually have two days per trip now that we do not go to the parks. If the weather's good, we will hit the pool in the afternoon. Sometimes we have room service bring breakfast. Other times we'll hit Downtown Disney as we like eating on the bow at Fulton's. We all love the fish and chips there.

A couple of times we've gone out to the Poly and they've let us in so we could rent the pontoon boat and go out on the lake. We always book an hour but sometimes we'll stay out there for two. Sometimes they charge you for the extra hour and sometimes they don't.

I've always found it difficult to sleep-in at Disney, unless we're secluded like at the Treehouse or a Cabin. I love going to the lobbies and people watching. Especially the big lobbies like Poly, AKL, or WL.

We've never been to any of the parties but will enjoy reading about it. :)

Based on advise I have read we will probably view the second parade as it is supposedly less crowded. I can't wait to see it!

I agree with this! I always try to go for the second showing of any nighttime thing that runs more than once on a given night. The attractions lines are MUCH shorter during the first showing, and the viewing crowds for the second showing are MUCH lower. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day! I have a similar dilemma with going to the halloween party...not sure what to do in the morning...but like you we may do a breakfast and then chill for a bit and then go to the party...all of it will be fun though!

Ahhhh!!!! I am so excited for you to go to MVMCP!!! We went in 2013 and are hands down going again this year. It is so so so much fun!!!

I can't help on the breakfast/brunch cost as we've never done that.

I think a relaxing day prior to the party is the best idea for you...you want to be rested for all the festivities.

We didn't do the Dwarfs at Christmas, but Halloween...we probably waited 20 minutes the first time we saw them (we got in line at 6:50) and the second time we waited closer to an hour. The last party we went to for Christmas (2013), the line for McScrooge was always at least 45 minutes long.

I LOVE the Christmas parade and special fireworks. Be sure to see the castle lighting.

A pool day sounds like a great idea, I keep trying to tell Jess that we need more but she won't have it :rotfl2:

I'm with you on the crazy long party character lines, it's not worth wasting lots of your party time for!

Hi Buzz, long time no see :wave2:

never really done a pool or resort day but my last trip I did take a couple f days to go to water park for part of the day.

Hey Lessa, we used to know each other a lifetime ago before I took my DIS vacation. I mean hiatus while I took care of some back-to-school stuff. But I'm back and trying to keep caught up as best I can. I loved your TRs, and will do my best to read along while I'm not trying to not drown in Nursing School. I have one going too, if you care to follow along.

Liesa (former All7OfUs)

We love 'pool days'.

We usually have two days per trip now that we do not go to the parks. If the weather's good, we will hit the pool in the afternoon. Sometimes we have room service bring breakfast. Other times we'll hit Downtown Disney as we like eating on the bow at Fulton's. We all love the fish and chips there.

A couple of times we've gone out to the Poly and they've let us in so we could rent the pontoon boat and go out on the lake. We always book an hour but sometimes we'll stay out there for two. Sometimes they charge you for the extra hour and sometimes they don't.

I've always found it difficult to sleep-in at Disney, unless we're secluded like at the Treehouse or a Cabin. I love going to the lobbies and people watching. Especially the big lobbies like Poly, AKL, or WL.

We've never been to any of the parties but will enjoy reading about it. :)

That all sounds very relaxing! It is nice sometimes to have a day off and just go with the flow.

I agree with this! I always try to go for the second showing of any nighttime thing that runs more than once on a given night. The attractions lines are MUCH shorter during the first showing, and the viewing crowds for the second showing are MUCH lower. :thumbsup2

In the past it has worked for us as well with Fantasmic. Hopefully our luck will continue.

Sounds like a great day! I have a similar dilemma with going to the halloween party...not sure what to do in the morning...but like you we may do a breakfast and then chill for a bit and then go to the party...all of it will be fun though!

Yeah, I think the best option is to rest in the morning to take full advantage of the party. The tickets are expensive and I want to make sure that we get full use out of it.

Ahhhh!!!! I am so excited for you to go to MVMCP!!! We went in 2013 and are hands down going again this year. It is so so so much fun!!!

I'm glad you had such a good time, makes me look forward to it more when I hear about how others loved it.

I can't help on the breakfast/brunch cost as we've never done that.

I think a relaxing day prior to the party is the best idea for you...you want to be rested for all the festivities.

We didn't do the Dwarfs at Christmas, but Halloween...we probably waited 20 minutes the first time we saw them (we got in line at 6:50) and the second time we waited closer to an hour. The last party we went to for Christmas (2013), the line for McScrooge was always at least 45 minutes long.

I LOVE the Christmas parade and special fireworks. Be sure to see the castle lighting.

I will probably go to the Dwarves area early and check out the situation. I don't mind getting in line before the party but I don't want to waste precious party time in line.

A pool day sounds like a great idea, I keep trying to tell Jess that we need more but she won't have it :rotfl2:

I'm with you on the crazy long party character lines, it's not worth wasting lots of your party time for!

Hi Buzz, long time no see :wave2:

Oh dear, Jess has turned into a park commando!

never really done a pool or resort day but my last trip I did take a couple f days to go to water park for part of the day.

We love the water parks! Unfortunately, not enough time this trip to pay the extra for the water parks. We will have to just hang out at the resort pool.

Hey Lessa, we used to know each other a lifetime ago before I took my DIS vacation. I mean hiatus while I took care of some back-to-school stuff. But I'm back and trying to keep caught up as best I can. I loved your TRs, and will do my best to read along while I'm not trying to not drown in Nursing School. I have one going too, if you care to follow along.

Liesa (former All7OfUs)

Hi Liesa! I remember you. :goodvibes I know your pain as I finished my BScN last June. I don't think anybody can truly understand the amount of work that goes into a nursing degree except for those who have suffered through it as well. Soon enough you will be done and it will be worth it!

We love the water parks! Unfortunately, not enough time this trip to pay the extra for the water parks. We will have to just hang out at the resort pool.

I don't really think the water park option is really worth it anymore anyway unless you are there for like two weeks with 7 day tickets as it's now the same number of days as park ticket. I think if I was to go to a water park or both again I would just pay the one day price at the gate.

Hi Liesa! I remember you. :goodvibes I know your pain as I finished my BScN last June. I don't think anybody can truly understand the amount of work that goes into a nursing degree except for those who have suffered through it as well. Soon enough you will be done and it will be worth it!

OH BOY, another Nursing Soul Mate! I've met several now on my thread, and now here too! And you're right, I think no one would truly understand, except for Med. Students the sheer AMOUNT of information they expect you to cram into a brain, or the responsibility we're expected to bear. I am sure it'll all be worth it; I'm already REALLY loving Clinicals a ton.

Anyway, I"ve subbed to your thread and will be here between Summer Internship, camping, and hopefully a summer job. :)

So glad you found my pre trip report which led me to your pre trip report. Maybe I'll see you there!

I don't really think the water park option is really worth it anymore anyway unless you are there for like two weeks with 7 day tickets as it's now the same number of days as park ticket. I think if I was to go to a water park or both again I would just pay the one day price at the gate.

I agree, if you are only going to make one trip to a water park it is better to buy the one day ticket.

OH BOY, another Nursing Soul Mate! I've met several now on my thread, and now here too! And you're right, I think no one would truly understand, except for Med. Students the sheer AMOUNT of information they expect you to cram into a brain, or the responsibility we're expected to bear. I am sure it'll all be worth it; I'm already REALLY loving Clinicals a ton.

Anyway, I"ve subbed to your thread and will be here between Summer Internship, camping, and hopefully a summer job. :)

I'll make it over to your thread. I see it is fairly long so it may take me awhile to catch up. :goodvibes

Hi Lessa , your Mum pointed me over here , I will catch up later

Hi Rosie :wave:

So glad you found my pre trip report which led me to your pre trip report. Maybe I'll see you there!

:welcome:

Yes, it sure did take up all my time but it was worth it. I am an overachiever and wanted to be top of the class. :laughing: Now that I am out of school I may not be studying all the time but instead work keeps me pretty busy. I finally have a day off after working pretty much everyday for the past two weeks and my last two days were overtime. One 16 hour shift followed by a 12 hour. I was exhausted by the end of it all. I just keep thinking of all the travel money I am earning. ;)

^ Story. Of. My. Life.

I'll make it over to your thread. I see it is fairly long so it may take me awhile to catch up. :goodvibes

There is a fair amount of chatter of all manner of ridiculousness. All good fun, of course. ;) I don't like the new way of linking chapters, so gave up and am just putting page numbers in. I know, not very TR professional, but it seems to serve the same purpose and you can't link a single post anymore. I like a lot of the changes, but that is one I'm not overly fond of. Come when you can; I'll be looking for you. :)

Park Plans - Part Five

This will be our last full day in WDW. We will have been up late for the Christmas Party the night before but we will be up early this morning to hit rope drop at Hollywood Studios. We will do the usual rope drop dash to Toy Story Mania and then hopefully ride it again in the afternoon with a FP+.

Other than that the day will be rather fluid. We have an ADR for lunch at Sci-Fi. Mom and I ate here on our land and sea trip in 2009 but it will be new for the boys and was a requests of Erich's. I look forward to a yummy cookies and cream milkshake!

There are a few other attractions we will definitely go to:

We always see Beauty and the Beast. Hopefully we will get a Gaston that has real muscles and not a super obviously fake muscle shirt...

Rock N' Roller Coaster for Alek and I. Mom and Erich won't ride these so they will probably browse the shops while Alek and I do the thrill rides. Not sure if we will FP+ these or just do the single rider line/try our luck with the standby line.

Another favourite of mine is the Animation class. I usually can't even draw a stick figure but somehow I manage to produce something decent when I go to this class.

The big attraction for today and the number one must do are the Osbourne Lights. Something new for all of us but Erich.

Fantasmic is also being performed this night but I'm not sure if we will be able to see it due to the Osbourne Lights. It really will depend on crowd levels and how long we stay at the lights and when we go see them. I love Fantasmic but we see it each trip so I won't be heartbroken if we have to give it a miss.

It will be strange to see the park without the hat as it has been there for all of our trips except for 1997 but I don't really remember that trip very well. We will adjust though!

Next day is our departure day so we will probably start our packing this night in order to maximize our time on departure day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter