The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

With the 1BR units, your options are Lakes or Cascades only if you try to keep the group together. Lakes/Fountains has 2 great pools, but there are 4 other pools on the Cascades side too, so it won't be too bad if you are placed there (although with Cascades pool down, the other 4 south side pools might be busier). If it is important to you, ask for Lakes. If not, take Cascades and explore the entire resort to check out all it has on offer. Note that if you are looking to get all 4 rooms together, they may not have as much latitude in where they place you, keeping your party together may be the first order of business.

I would probably start my request saying, "please try to keep these four reservations (give RCI account numbers) as close together as possible, and we would prefer Lakes section if that is possible." If there are any mobility issues with your seniors, mention that too.

Also note that "together" can be interpretive. When we last did this SIL and nephews were in a 1BR in Cascades and we were in a 2BR directly across in Springs. We could see each other's front doors, so it was close, but not side by side. (Which can be better if your relations are noisy rabble rousers and you aren't; just sayin')

November is not too busy at Vistana (I'm sure why they are doing maintenance on a main pool), so hopefully they will be able to accommodate your request.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply!! I just went back and re-read the first 10 pages of this thread (it's so long! but filled with great info!) and determined that our only other option was Lakes. I think I'm totally fine with that. I don't mind if we're not right next to each other but just in the same general area so I will mention that. We'll be there for "Jersey Week" (many schools have off this week for election day and teacher's convention) so probably a little bit "more" crowded than typical for November but still shouldn't be too bad! I'm so excited, we've had this trip booked for MONTHS and it's finally here!! Thanks again for the insight!

With the 1BR units, your options are Lakes or Cascades only if you try to keep the group together. Lakes/Fountains has 2 great pools, but there are 4 other pools on the Cascades side too, so it won't be too bad if you are placed there (although with Cascades pool down, the other 4 south side pools might be busier). If it is important to you, ask for Lakes. If not, take Cascades and explore the entire resort to check out all it has on offer. Note that if you are looking to get all 4 rooms together, they may not have as much latitude in where they place you, keeping your party together may be the first order of business.

I would probably start my request saying, "please try to keep these four reservations (give RCI account numbers) as close together as possible, and we would prefer Lakes section if that is possible." If there are any mobility issues with your seniors, mention that too.

Also note that "together" can be interpretive. When we last did this SIL and nephews were in a 1BR in Cascades and we were in a 2BR directly across in Springs. We could see each other's front doors, so it was close, but not side by side. (Which can be better if your relations are noisy rabble rousers and you aren't; just sayin')

November is not too busy at Vistana (I'm sure why they are doing maintenance on a main pool), so hopefully they will be able to accommodate your request.

What is "Diamond Lane"? We've never stayed here before. Should we even bother making a request? We booked a 1br 12/1-12/4. As long as it's a reasonably short walk to a pool we'll be happy I think.

Just another quick question! So apparently the reservation that my dad has for their room through RCI says "Studio". But according to everything I've been able to find out online, there aren't any actual studios at SVR!! Can anyone confirm this or let me know if the info I've found is incorrect?? From what I can see there are larger and smaller 1 bedrooms (the two halves of the 2bdrm lockoffs) and from what I'm figuring RCI has no way to distinguish between a small 1 bdrm and a large 1bdrm but they want to charge more for the larger side so they call the smaller side a studio. Thanks again!!

What is "Diamond Lane"? We've never stayed here before. Should we even bother making a request? We booked a 1br 12/1-12/4. As long as it's a reasonably short walk to a pool we'll be happy I think.
Diamond Lane is a way to pre-request specific items like cribs, cots, grocery pre-stock etc. It can also be used to make general requests for specific areas or mobility challenges. The area requests are not guaranteed, but they do their best to fulfill them.
There is a link on page one of this thread to the online form.
And no, it is probably not necessary for a 1BR reservation as you will be in either Lakes or Cascades, the newer two sections. Both are nice, areas, so unless you already have a favorite, I would let them assign you where they wish.

Just another quick question! So apparently the reservation that my dad has for their room through RCI says "Studio". But according to everything I've been able to find out online, there aren't any actual studios at SVR!! Can anyone confirm this or let me know if the info I've found is incorrect?? From what I can see there are larger and smaller 1 bedrooms (the two halves of the 2bdrm lockoffs) and from what I'm figuring RCI has no way to distinguish between a small 1 bdrm and a large 1bdrm but they want to charge more for the larger side so they call the smaller side a studio. Thanks again!!
That is a bit of mystery. By RCI description, the Studio is probably the smaller half 1BR based on the "sleeps" numbers 4/2 but there are a few errors in the unit description on RCI, such as no laundry and has outdoor space. The smaller units still have washer dryer in unit, and don't have an outside space. Stranger still is that the unit listing on the RCI website under the resort Directory doesn't actually show any Studio units. If it was reserved as 4/2 instead of 4/4 unit, then you are probably in the smaller half. If you reserved a 4/4 that would be the larger half. The difference BTW is private access to the bathroom, in the 4/2 you walk through common space from the BR to the bath, in the 4/4 there is an extra door so the bath can be private to either sleeping area.

Thanks for this info! It's definitely booked as the 4/2 occupancy. I called today to confirm the pool closure (it's definitely closed) and I asked the girl on the phone. She said they do have studios (?) And if we booked a studio through RCI then that's definitely in the Lakes section. I guess we'll find out in 10 days. I will let you know! Thanks again :-)

That is a bit of mystery. By RCI description, the Studio is probably the smaller half 1BR based on the "sleeps" numbers 4/2 but there are a few errors in the unit description on RCI, such as no laundry and has outdoor space. The smaller units still have washer dryer in unit, and don't have an outside space. Stranger still is that the unit listing on the RCI website under the resort Directory doesn't actually show any Studio units. If it was reserved as 4/2 instead of 4/4 unit, then you are probably in the smaller half. If you reserved a 4/4 that would be the larger half. The difference BTW is private access to the bathroom, in the 4/2 you walk through common space from the BR to the bath, in the 4/4 there is an extra door so the bath can be private to either sleeping area.

Thanks for this info! It's definitely booked as the 4/2 occupancy. I called today to confirm the pool closure (it's definitely closed) and I asked the girl on the phone. She said they do have studios (?) And if we booked a studio through RCI then that's definitely in the Lakes section. I guess we'll find out in 10 days. I will let you know! Thanks again :-)
Take a couple of pictures and post back, always looking for better information. I have only been in the smaller 1BR in Cascades, and IIRC the only difference between the two sections is that the Lakes units do not have an oven; cooktop only. Should still have a separate bedroom tho - I've never seen a floorplan for a unit without the bedroom, so will be very interesting to learn what they mean by studio.
Also interested to know if the studio does not have laundry (should) or balcony (shouldn't) as I think RCI has this wrong.

Can anyone tell me what to expect at check-in and during the trip as far as having to deal with time-share pitches? We are absolutely not interested in buying. I've heard during check in that we will be walked over to several other desks before being handed our room key where the sales people will attempt to sign us up for the presentation. I just want our key...no pitch, no hassle. Can I politely decline and expect to be cheerfully respected or am I going to have be tough or expect a barrage? I am planning on unplugging the phone once in the room due to reports of calls from the sales team attempting to get us to their presentation.

Like almost all timeshare resorts (at least the ones that are under active sales), you will be subjected to requests to attend a presentation. The pressure to attend is in inverse proportion to the quality of the resort; Vistana is generally pretty low key. You will be directed to the activities desk to get your parking pass (assuming you are arriving while the desk is open), but the pitch is pretty low key. That is the only stop after reception, and you do need the pass.
The best advice is simply to close the door firmly. If they think there is a possibility that you "might" attend, then they will keep bothering you. We made this mistake the first time (at SVV), but after we made it very clear we would not attend a few days later, they left us alone. Ever since that one first stay, and there have been many TS stays since, we have never been bothered after making it clear up front that we would not be attending.
Note that you don't need to be "unpleasant" to do this. As a matter of fact I quite like the folks at the activities desk because they have great tips and discount coupons for area attractions. We've had lots of fun chatting with these folks, but always ending with an absolutely "no way" to any timeshare pitch (or anything that involves breakfast and an hour of your time). "No thanks, we have our week fully planned, and every moment is accounted for"
You might get a follow up call, but we generally don't get these after a decline, except for the first year when we left the "door open" and they called daily. Note that the resort does leave a message or two per day that may be of interest. There are usually messages about daily activities, pool closures for a few hours (code brown), resort photography (which is legitimate), and other things.
Again, the biggest thing to keep in mind is that the pressure is very low at high end resorts. Yes, they will try, they are paid to try to get you to attend, but they back down if you are not interested.

Again, the biggest thing to keep in mind is that the pressure is very low at high end resorts. Yes, they will try, they are paid to try to get you to attend, but they back down if you are not interested.

To this I can personally attest: we attended one of the Vistana's sales meetings this past week, and we were in and out in exactly 54 minutes (I timed it). No heavy pressure whatsoever.

I just booked a 2 bedroom sleeps 6 at Vistana in March with a Sunday check in through RCI. From what I've read so far, I understand I will be in the Falls section. Do any of the experts have a recommendation for which building to request. I will be travelling with my DH and DD 17 and DD 15. Thank you so much for this thread, it's been very helpful.

If you are in Falls, there really is nothing to worry about with building selection. It is the quietest section of the resort with no major noise sources (Falls abuts the Marriott property, either the golf course or the back of their two parking structures, well hidden by walls and trees). You could request to be closer or further from the pool if it makes a difference, but that is only about a block extra walk if you are further away.

There is a very good chance that your villa will be in Falls, but there is always the potential that they may place you in another section with Sunday checkin; Vistana assigns units by class, and might bump a sleeps 6 to a sleeps 8 if there is better availability elsewhere in the resort. Not something you can really request, but just be aware that it may happen.

If you are in Falls, there really is nothing to worry about with building selection. It is the quietest section of the resort with no major noise sources (Falls abuts the Marriott property, either the golf course or the back of their two parking structures, well hidden by walls and trees). You could request to be closer or further from the pool if it makes a difference, but that is only about a block extra walk if you are further away.

There is a very good chance that your villa will be in Falls, but there is always the potential that they may place you in another section with Sunday checkin; Vistana assigns units by class, and might bump a sleeps 6 to a sleeps 8 if there is better availability elsewhere in the resort. Not something you can really request, but just be aware that it may happen.
Thanks for the quick reply, I was actually hoping for a unit with two double beds in the second bedroom, but I wanted to grab the unit in RCI before it vanished. So my current thought is not making a building request and just requesting a quiet area away from highway noise. This will be our first stay at this resort. Thanks again!

We just got back from our stay at SVR! First let me say, WOW! We were all so impressed with it! So beautiful. The rooms were so nice and clean and the pools were fantastic. We ended up with all 4 of our rooms in Lakes building 1 and it could not have been a better location. After looking at the building location on google maps I realized we were right by the highway but heard no noise at all. Even the rooms were very well sound proofed and we heard little noise from our neighbors (not sure the neighbors could say the same for us but...) We were steps away from the Lakes pool with zero entry and little fountains which was perfect for the three kids 4 and under and the Fountains pool area was just a very short walk away which was great for the 7 and 8 yr olds! We ate a few times at the Tacky Tiki bar and everything we had was very good. Super impressed. We all said that we could have just spent days at the resort alone. My parents and my inlaws were booked into Studio rooms which turned out to be legit studios. I wasn't able to get any pictures but you walked in the room and to the left was a small row kitchen and the dining table for 4 was directly in front of you with the bed just beyond that and the couch next to the bed. The bathroom was at the back of the room and there was no patio but it did have a W/D. I wonder why they don't have any information about these rooms on their website! Thanks so much for all of the info here..it really helped and we can't wait to go back in future!

Take a couple of pictures and post back, always looking for better information. I have only been in the smaller 1BR in Cascades, and IIRC the only difference between the two sections is that the Lakes units do not have an oven; cooktop only. Should still have a separate bedroom tho - I've never seen a floorplan for a unit without the bedroom, so will be very interesting to learn what they mean by studio.
Also interested to know if the studio does not have laundry (should) or balcony (shouldn't) as I think RCI has this wrong.

Thanks for reporting back swim!

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Very good to know that Studios actually do exist; they don't show that floor plan anywhere on the Vistana site so now we can report more accurately. Will have to do a little snooping and see if I can figure out how many of these studios are in the inventory; you are the first one reporting having actually stayed in one. Hope the parents weren't disappointed in the space.

As we have visited more and more, we find we do exactly what you suggest; a little less time touring, a little more time relaxing and enjoying the resort amenities.

Well, I know there are at least two studios in Lakes building 1! ha-ha. No, they weren't disappointed. We didn't spend too much time in the rooms anyway! We were on the GO! My four year old loved the 2 bedroom so much he thought it was his new home and was disappointed when we were going back to our "old" house! Kids are a riot!

Thanks for reporting back swim!

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Very good to know that Studios actually do exist; they don't show that floor plan anywhere on the Vistana site so now we can report more accurately. Will have to do a little snooping and see if I can figure out how many of these studios are in the inventory; you are the first one reporting having actually stayed in one. Hope the parents weren't disappointed in the space.

As we have visited more and more, we find we do exactly what you suggest; a little less time touring, a little more time relaxing and enjoying the resort amenities.

A quick logistics questions for those who've been there...when traveling to the resort by car from I-4, it looks like we should get off at the exit for 535 (S Apopka-Vineland) and make a left, then travel straight down to Vistana Centre Blvd and make a right. I was playing with Google Maps and it wanted us to turn onto Meadow Creek Dr and circle around into Vistana Centre.

That's just Google maps trying to get you on the correct side of the road. It doesn't always know about minor left turns through a divided boulevard, so always tries to have you make a right into a private road or drive. Garmin GPS does the same thing - countless times I have driven past my destination only to make some convoluted U turn so that I can approach my destination from my right ("hey, didn't we just pass the Target store?").

You can proceed one block past Meadow Creek to Vistana Centre Drive, make a right then a left into the Welcome Centre, no problem.

A quick note for exiting the resort area. You will want to exit by Meadow Creek if you plan to make a left on 535 (although I always avoid going north on 535 if at all possible). Meadow Creek has a traffic light while Vistana Centre does not, and there is no left turn onto 535 from VC Drive. Note that even if I want I-4, I usually exit right, right on World Centre and use the I-4 interchange there. The traffic at 535 north and the I-4 can be THAT bad.

Funny, but just looking at the area on Google Earth right now, and traffic is incredibly light for the area. Satellite image must have been taken early on a Sunday morning in November. Almost no traffic on the I-4, 535, Crossroads is empty, even the Premium Outlets parking lot is half empty!

That's just Google maps trying to get you on the correct side of the road. It doesn't always know about minor left turns through a divided boulevard, so always tries to have you make a right into a private road or drive. Garmin GPS does the same thing - countless times I have driven past my destination only to make some convoluted U turn so that I can approach my destination from my right ("hey, didn't we just pass the Target store?").

You can proceed one block past Meadow Creek to Vistana Centre Drive, make a right then a left into the Welcome Centre, no problem.

A quick note for exiting the resort area. You will want to exit by Meadow Creek if you plan to make a left on 535 (although I always avoid going north on 535 if at all possible). Meadow Creek has a traffic light while Vistana Centre does not, and there is no left turn onto 535 from VC Drive. Note that even if I want I-4, I usually exit right, right on World Centre and use the I-4 interchange there. The traffic at 535 north and the I-4 can be THAT bad.

Funny, but just looking at the area on Google Earth right now, and traffic is incredibly light for the area. Satellite image must have been taken early on a Sunday morning in November. Almost no traffic on the I-4, 535, Crossroads is empty, even the Premium Outlets parking lot is half empty!

Thanks for the quick reply and the bits about getting out of the complex! It's going to be a big help for our stay. So if we want to hit Disney Springs, is it better to go RIGHT out of the complex and loop around, then to make a left and try to go straight up into the Springs area? Will be eating a lot of dinners at the Springs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter