The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Hi, again.

Can anyone tell me what are the buildings that have elevators?

Thank you!

Elevators are found in Lakes and Cascades only. Basically any building that is either four or five storeys tall. Any buildings with 2 or three floors will only have stair access to the upper villas.

Hi again! OK so we have a FRIDAY check-in. We want a pretty view (DUH, who doesn't?) and nearby to the Falls and Cascades pools. And obviously want to avoid highway noise.

I'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd floor unit - 1st floor makes me worry about critters. LOL If we go with the 3rd floor, I assume we'd have to carry all of our luggage, etc up stairs? (I understand only a few buildings have elevators, correct?)

Is there a link anywhere that will give me an idea of daily activities during August?

Are there lifeguards at the pools? And do we need our own beach towels or do they have towels at the pools?

PS - great to hear about the distance from place to place on the property! WIth so many buildings and pools, it looked to be pretty sprawling.

Hi again! OK so we have a FRIDAY check-in. We want a pretty view (DUH, who doesn't?) and nearby to the Falls and Cascades pools. And obviously want to avoid highway noise.

I'd prefer a 2nd or 3rd floor unit - 1st floor makes me worry about critters. LOL If we go with the 3rd floor, I assume we'd have to carry all of our luggage, etc up stairs? (I understand only a few buildings have elevators, correct?)

Is there a link anywhere that will give me an idea of daily activities during August?

Are there lifeguards at the pools? And do we need our own beach towels or do they have towels at the pools?

PS - great to hear about the distance from place to place on the property! WIth so many buildings and pools, it looked to be pretty sprawling.

Here are partial activity listings from last August. Hopefully its enough to give you at least a general idea of some of the goings-on at the resort:

Pools are not lifeguarded. Pool towels are available using a card system (cards are given to you at check in, one per guest up to the max # of occupancy allowed for your room) and you swap your card in exchange for a towel. Give back the towel, get back your card. Pool towels are only available in certain locations during certain hours, though, so we usually just bring our own beach towels to avoid the hassle.

If you are assigned a third floor villa, then you indeed have to carry your luggage up the stairs to your unit. Here's a visual for you:

From some sections, it will be too far to walk to certain pools. I would say it would be quite a hike in the August heat to walk from at least some of the North side sections to the South side pools (and vice versa). If you are staying in Springs or Palms and want to go to the Fountains pool for a swim or activity, then you'll definitely want to drive. Virtually all sections have at least one pool (usually more) that are easily within a walkable distance, though.

Fountains I, Fountains II, Lakes, Cascades, Palms and Springs all allow for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday check-ins

Spas is generally for Friday check-ins only.

Courts is generally for Saturday check-ins only.

Falls is generally for Sunday check-ins only.

On the property map referenced a few threads ago, red buildings are normally reserved for Friday arrivals, Blue for Saturday, Green for Sunday.

With a Friday check-in, there are lots of (awesome!) possibilities for where you might be assigned.

Hope that helps a little!

I've been all throughout every 47 pages and am totally excited but also getting super confused!

So we're arriving on a Friday, traded through II and confirmed in a unit that sleeps 8. Which buildings have skylights on the top floor? We'd ideally like to be near the Cascades pool and the Falls pool.

ALSO - If we were in Fountains I, is it a do-able walk to the Cascades pool or is that kind of a hike in the August heat?

Does anyone have a pic of the bathrooms in Spas, Cascades and Fountains 1? (with 2 girls, looking for decent counter space!) THX!

I've been all throughout every 47 pages and am totally excited but also getting super confused!

So we're arriving on a Friday, traded through II and confirmed in a unit that sleeps 8. Which buildings have skylights on the top floor? We'd ideally like to be near the Cascades pool and the Falls pool.

ALSO - If we were in Fountains I, is it a do-able walk to the Cascades pool or is that kind of a hike in the August heat?

We have stayed in Spas, Fountains I, and Lakes...all on the upper floor. Fountains I and Lakes both had skylights. Spas did not.

I would not walk from Fountains I to the Cascades pool in August. Have you checked out the Fountains pool, though? It has a waterfall, volleyball net, kiddie pool off to the side, two semi-private hot tubs, and two great playgrounds.

Does anyone have a pic of the bathrooms in Spas, Cascades and Fountains 1? (with 2 girls, looking for decent counter space!) THX!

Spas Village

Guest bathroom:

Master bath:

Master suite dressing area (outside of the master bathroom):

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why RCI posts the SVR Fountains as a separate listing than the rest of the resort. (We are booked as guests of my MIL's account and I am not in the know of all things RCI). The last time I stayed in 2012, I just chose the listing with the most availability. This time I specifically chose Fountains b/c I wanted to know which section we would be in and wanted to try that side. I just wondered about this. Why separate Fountains from the rest of the listings?

So, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why RCI posts the SVR Fountains as a separate listing than the rest of the resort. (We are booked as guests of my MIL's account and I am not in the know of all things RCI). The last time I stayed in 2012, I just chose the listing with the most availability. This time I specifically chose Fountains b/c I wanted to know which section we would be in and wanted to try that side. I just wondered about this. Why separate Fountains from the rest of the listings?

Back in the day, Fountains had a new "unique" ownership system with some fairly complex rules that required a different resort registration in RCI so they could handle them differently. However, eventually Sheraton extended similar ownerships to owners in other sections as well which now trade under that resort number. So, trading for Fountains increases your chances of getting a Fountains unit, but doesn't guarantee it. Also, Fountains units that have resold outside of Sheraton (now Vistana) may have reverted back into regular ownerships - so you will apparently get Fountains trading in the regular Vistana as well. It probably has something to do with when the ownership was entered into RCI as well. Pretty sure there are two entries for Vistana Resort in II (the other major exchange system) for the same reason.

Quote from my current RCI extra vacation (cash not booked with weeks, points, exchanges):
  • 1 in 4 year policy applies to both 0450 and V450. Does not apply to Vistana or Starwood owners. DOES NOT INCLUDE concurrent or consecutive weeks. This is for 1 for 1 exchanges only. You can only confirm once into either 0450 or V450 one time ever 4 years. Violations will be canceled. Please do not contact for exceptions to the 1 in 4 year rule.
After reading this, I am more confused. At first, I thought I could book another concurrent week based on the DOES NOT INCLUDE statement. Then I wondered if the "This is for 1 for 1 exchanges only." was to clarify that the 1 in 4 rule only applies to exchanges or that exchanges are the only ones that can book concurrent weeks.

My immediate concern is knowing if I can book another week. My brother and his family might go the same time as us if I can book it.

My secondary question is whether the 1 in 4 is for exchanges only? If that is what the statement means than I could book another extra vacation week through my MIL's account sooner than 4 years from now.

Thanks for helping. My MIL is not familiar with how 1 in 4 works and I am trying to avoid having her make a phone call if I can find the answer.

Quote from my current RCI extra vacation (cash not booked with weeks, points, exchanges):
  • 1 in 4 year policy applies to both 0450 and V450. Does not apply to Vistana or Starwood owners. DOES NOT INCLUDE concurrent or consecutive weeks. This is for 1 for 1 exchanges only. You can only confirm once into either 0450 or V450 one time ever 4 years. Violations will be canceled. Please do not contact for exceptions to the 1 in 4 year rule.
After reading this, I am more confused. At first, I thought I could book another concurrent week based on the DOES NOT INCLUDE statement. Then I wondered if the "This is for 1 for 1 exchanges only." was to clarify that the 1 in 4 rule only applies to exchanges or that exchanges are the only ones that can book concurrent weeks.

My immediate concern is knowing if I can book another week. My brother and his family might go the same time as us if I can book it.

My secondary question is whether the 1 in 4 is for exchanges only? If that is what the statement means than I could book another extra vacation week through my MIL's account sooner than 4 years from now.

Thanks for helping. My MIL is not familiar with how 1 in 4 works and I am trying to avoid having her make a phone call if I can find the answer.

These "additional restrictions" are placed by the resort and not RCI, so it really is up to the resort to decide. The 1 in 4 specifically allows you to book exchanges for consecutive weeks (eg 2 or 3 week vacation) and concurrent weeks (eg 2 units required for a large family). So your scenario is fine.

Checking a few threads on TUG, could find no specific comments on how aggressive Vistana Resort was with enforcement, but I did find a few threads that indicate that "most" (but not all) resorts DO NOT apply the restrictions to extra vacation getaways. The Vistana rule is worded for "1 for 1 exchanges only". To me, an extra vacation is not an exchange, you are PURCHASING a vacation. If you wanted to book through skyauction, or straight from Vistana (a paid vacation, not an exchange) you would probably also be in the clear.

You should know pretty quickly however as RCI is expected to enforce the rule. You should get a warning online if you try a disallowed booking, or your VC should warn you if you are on the phone. However RCI's terms and conditions absolve them of responsibility if they get it wrong...

If you really like the Vistana Resort experience, and want another exchange, I might suggest trying a couple of the other good resorts in the immediate area that are available on RCI; the Marriott Palms resorts next door to SVR, and the Hilton Grand Vacation Club Tuscany on I-Drive. The sister resort Vistana Villages is just a couple of miles up I-Drive, but does not trade on RCI.

Firstly thank you to everyone who has subscribed to this post lots of very valuable information, we have two weeks booked from 27/9-11/10 in a 2 bedroom , we have stayed in the resort before two years ago but our home resort is the villages but we are exchanging and could not get our weeks in the villages and are coming to the resort again, last time we had a great time but we were in the cascades section in one of the buildings backing the 535 which in itself was not a problem but I felt we were too far from the cascades pool and thinking this time it would be nice to try the other end, so after lots of reading if I've got it right only lakes have elevators at that side ? Can anyone tell me what building numbers have elevators with Sunday checkin thank you xxx

Does anyone have menus of the various restaurants on site? And bars? (-:

Does Cascades have sky lights?

Which buildings with skylights are nearest to Cascades and Superpool? (Friday checkin)

Firstly thank you to everyone who has subscribed to this post lots of very valuable information, we have two weeks booked from 27/9-11/10 in a 2 bedroom , we have stayed in the resort before two years ago but our home resort is the villages but we are exchanging and could not get our weeks in the villages and are coming to the resort again, last time we had a great time but we were in the cascades section in one of the buildings backing the 535 which in itself was not a problem but I felt we were too far from the cascades pool and thinking this time it would be nice to try the other end, so after lots of reading if I've got it right only lakes have elevators at that side ? Can anyone tell me what building numbers have elevators with Sunday checkin thank you xxx

Lakes buildings 6, 7 and 10 are marked as Sunday check-in buildings per the resort map (Sunday buildings in green). Lakes buildings have elevators.

https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svr_resort_map.pdf

Cascade buildings (which also have elevators) that are noted as Sunday check-ins are 4, 7, 10, 12, 15 & 17.

Lakes buildings 6, 7 and 10 are marked as Sunday check-in buildings per the resort map (Sunday buildings in green). Lakes buildings have elevators.

https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svr_resort_map.pdf

Cascade buildings (which also have elevators) that are noted as Sunday check-ins are 4, 7, 10, 12, 15 & 17.
Thank you Gina have you stayed in any of those lakes buildings and can personally recommend one or do you think that they are all good , thank you xxx

Just back from our 4 week stay at Vistana, and what can I say...... - SUPERB is the first word that comes to mind. What a wonderful place!!!! We had such a great time, and truly enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, not even 4 weeks left us with enough time to explore the entire resort - it is huge!

Our requests were all met - we asked for a unit close to the cascades pool, away from the highways, preferably not ground unit. We got top floor, Cascades building 15, literally just a stone throw from the pool. Could not have asked for anything else, it was just perfect.
Apartment was clean, and they kept it so during our entire stay (although some hiccups regarding what days to clean our apartment, so we had to remind them that "yesterday was sunday, shouldn't the apartment been cleaned" and "today is friday, we really do need those new towels now").
Received several parcels while staying, and mail system worked very well.
Got ONE phone call about attending a sales pitch (on the same day as we arrived - not a smart move considering we had been travelling for just over 24 hours!), but they left it at that.
Poolarea is clean, never a problem locating a vacant sunbed, pool towels and pooltowel cards worked just fine.
WiFi worked great. Husband even to managed to squeeze in some work time, which was an extra bonus as we were prepared for bad wifi connections at the apartment, and thought work would be out of the question.

If I could wish for something it would have been a guide to how to use the laundry machine, and those week schedules to be handed out at the apartment as we kept forgetting to stop by reception to pick them up.

All in all a great stay at a great resort. Just wish we could be back sooner - RCI has a 4 yr "quarantine" on this resort, so the earliest we can visit again is in 5 years :-(

Thank you Gina have you stayed in any of those lakes buildings and can personally recommend one or do you think that they are all good , thank you xxx

We stayed in Lakes 1 when we were there in May (a Saturday check-in building, even though our stay was Friday to Friday).

I would avoid Lakes 6 for sure....way to close to the I4 and road noise could be a problem.

I'll begin by admitting I haven't read all 47 pages but would love advice. This would be our first stay. Just DH and I this trip. I've read some building do not have elevators. Can you request and get a building with an elevator? I think we would just book a one bedroom so are there any locations that are more quiet than others?

Update.... Last night, my brother was able to book a concurrent week through my MIL's account. Since we were booked in Fountains, they did the same increasing the likelihood that we will be close to one another. So now, my bro and SIL and niece (3) nephew 2 and soon to be niece/nephew ( who will be 3 months at time of travel) will be joining us at SVR. The more the merrier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter