The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Sooo.....I have a question. I feel a little silly for asking (because I'm sure there's a very clear and easy answer) but I'm going to bury my pride and ask anyway. Because I really, really, really want this info for our next visit.

With all that wonderful security (which I love) at the entrances to the resort, how does pizza (or other food) delivery work?

We had considered ordering in more than once on our vacation, but weren't sure how the delivery guy would actually get to the villa (past the guard) and we were too lazy to ask :rotfl: . The August heat does that to a person ;) .

I'm sure there must be a way to order in. Or do you have to meet them at the gate?

I'd like to know about pizza too! Just submitted our Diamond Lane requests, we'll be there in two weeks from tomorrow, so excited! We're staying in Fountains so I just requested first floor (we'll have a stroller), close to the pool and if any way possible to not have to move since we have a regular reservation from Sunday the 27th to the 28th. This will be our second stay there, my in-law's have a time share do it only costs us $59 for the week! It costs way more for one night than one week :D

Thanks so much for this thread. Now I am getting really excited. Only 4 days away!!!

On the pizza delivery question, I'm gonna need some help from another reader. The one area that I don't have a lot of experience with is dining out. DS is hyper sensitive Celiac; we just don't eat out at all unless it's an adults only trip. I can tell you the best places for groceries and health foods, but take out :confused3

So what I do know; yes, you can order food in and have it delivered to the resort. What happens after that I am a little fuzzy on. I own two timeshares in Orlando (Vistana and Silver Lake) and one of them just changed the rules. They used to let delivery to the unit if you informed security first, but changed so that you had to pick up at security when the meal arrived. Now I just can't remember which resort changed the rules.

So anyone down there now, or soon (Mamamika that might be you!), please check out the procedure and post back here!

This has been the most helpful thread! Thanks to all of you.

So excited for my Dec 21-28 SVR stay with my DH and DS!

Questions:
Are there fish in the ponds on property? My son will have his fishing pole and I know he will ask. Catch and release only, of course. :)
We booked a 2 bedroom unit, sleeps 8, through RCI. Wanting a place that is centrally located in the resort to swimming, dining, and activities, yet not a big building with lots of traffic and noise. Will Spas buildings 4 or 22 fit our needs?
Will the resort be decorated for Christmas? Gina, your prof photos of the family are lovely. I'd like to have family photos with Christmas decorations.
Will pools be heated and towel service still running, even in December? What about the outdoor food/drink spots?
Which pool has a water slide?
Do you know if our Verizon hotspot will work in the units?
Have you purchased park tickets at the resort? What's the benefit in doing so?

Thanks so much! Can't wait! :)

More questions (sorry): Has anyone had massages at SVR? Any good and prices? Can SVR folks also use pools at SVV? Is there ping pong at SVR?

This has been the most helpful thread! Thanks to all of you.

So excited for my Dec 21-28 SVR stay with my DH and DS!

Questions:
Are there fish in the ponds on property? My son will have his fishing pole and I know he will ask. Catch and release only, of course. :)
We booked a 2 bedroom unit, sleeps 8, through RCI. Wanting a place that is centrally located in the resort to swimming, dining, and activities, yet not a big building with lots of traffic and noise. Will Spas buildings 4 or 22 fit our needs?
Will the resort be decorated for Christmas? Gina, your prof photos of the family are lovely. I'd like to have family photos with Christmas decorations.
Will pools be heated and towel service still running, even in December? What about the outdoor food/drink spots?
Which pool has a water slide?
Have you purchased park tickets at the resort? What's the benefit in doing so?

Thanks so much! Can't wait! :)

Well, I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few. bankr63 will likely chime in with the rest of the info you are seeking once he's done enjoying his Thanksgiving feast :) .

The pool that has the slide is located in the Falls section. Just note that the slide is small and most suitable for, in most cases, the 12-and-under crowd.

I don't believe there are any catch-and-release fishing opportunities on site. For a nice little side trip that WOULD offer that feature, I highly recommend the Showcase of Citrus (check out the August trip report link in my signature for more info). Its a real Florida orange grove (which is worth a visit in itself), and they have a pond adjacent to the retail store where you can catch and release for free. Its about 15 minutes by car from the Vistana, and a very easy drive.

Any of the Spas buildings would suit your needs, but remember that they are generally assigned to those checking in on Fridays. What day of the week do you check in? The only two sections that don't sleep 8 are Falls and Courts, as those are the two phases of the resort that have twin beds in the 2nd bedroom (all others have doubles in bedroom 2).

I am pretty sure that the pools will be fully operational in December :thumbsup2 . We have not found a Florida hotel or resort yet that doesn't keep the pools open during the winter.

You wouldn't be able to pool hop between SVR and SVV. While they are considered sister resorts, they are physically located a five or ten minute drive apart, and operated as two totally separate properties. No worries, though....with 7 pools onsite at SVR (and each of them offering a little something different), I don't think you will feel like you are missing out by not being able to hop to SVV :) .

A quick answer to a couple of things that Gina didn't cover. Quick, before I slip into my turkey coma.

Pools are a definite yes, and towel service too.

Verizon hotspot; presumably you mean a Verizon wireless device? There is very good Verizon coverage in the area on the 4G network. If you are referring to a Verizon home networking device, then no probably not. Most home networking devices provided by the ISP need to be on their home network to work. There are some backflips required to get a wireless hub (like a NetGear, D-Link or Cisco) to operate, but it can be done.

We have bought park tickets at the resort once. The main thing is convenience; no lineups. They do issue real park tickets, not vouchers. There is no price advantage at the resort so we generally buy ours from Undercover Tourist in advance with the Mousesavers Discount.

Ping Pong has me stumped. I've never seen it there, but I wouldn't count it out. There is air hockey at the Springs arcade, there might be table tucked away there somewhere too. If you solve the mystery, post it back here when you return.

Christmas decorations, surely yes. I'm not sure how extravagant however.

Enjoy your Christmas vacation!

Thank you both SO much. I asked about ping pong because the SVV shows it on their website and my son loved playing.

We have a net gear router that we take on vacation with us. We like our devices. :)

Last time, I bought my tickets from UT. I'm not familiar with the Mousesaver discount. What's that?

Have either if you been to FW during Christmas? It seems like the perfect Christmas Day alternative to the parks.

If you are referring to mobile hotspot that turns your phone into a wireless, modem, I have some experience with that. We have stayed at SVR twice... once in Fountains on main level and once in Cascades 5th floor. When in fountains, we had to be selective on where the phone to get the necesarry 3G coverage and had to move it around depending on the day. It was really slow and in the end the resort wifi was better. In Cascades top floor it worked great and was at equal or faster to resort wifi.

If this is not what you are asking about, sorry to have wasted your time:)

Have either if you been to FW during Christmas? It seems like the perfect Christmas Day alternative to the parks.

Not FW, but I could wholeheartedly recommend ICE! at Gaylord Palms (as well as all the other holiday activities they offer). If you want to check it out, see the link to my Christmas trip report in my signature (I think the Gaylord Palms portion begins on page 8-ish).

A quick answer to a couple of things that Gina didn't cover. Quick, before I slip into my turkey coma.

From one Canuck to another, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam! :goodvibes

If you are referring to mobile hotspot that turns your phone into a wireless, modem, I have some experience with that. We have stayed at SVR twice... once in Fountains on main level and once in Cascades 5th floor. When in fountains, we had to be selective on where the phone to get the necesarry 3G coverage and had to move it around depending on the day. It was really slow and in the end the resort wifi was better. In Cascades top floor it worked great and was at equal or faster to resort wifi. If this is not what you are asking about, sorry to have wasted your time:)

Yes, this is what I mean. I'm thinking that using my phone as a hotspot should negate any wifi charges due to multiple devices. We use several at once. Thanks for your help.

From one Canuck to another, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam! :goodvibes

To both of you:

My son plays competitive hockey and dreams of going to Canada some day. I'm hoping a stop Canada in WS while at Epcot will suffice for a while. Ha!

Gina, I'll check out ICE! Also, I looked at Showcase of Citrus. Looks great!

Hi! Does anyone have a link to the post with the info about shipping packages to the resort? We're checking in on Sunday and I'm going to ship tomorrow. I just remembered that tomorrow is Columbus Day, I guess the post office will be closed? Hopefully UPS is open?

Hi! Does anyone have a link to the post with the info about shipping packages to the resort? We're checking in on Sunday and I'm going to ship tomorrow. I just remembered that tomorrow is Columbus Day, I guess the post office will be closed? Hopefully UPS is open?

I do not know where to ship, but yes, tomorrow is a Federal holiday, so no usps mail. However, UPS and most every store and many schools in the US will be open.

Have a great trip!

My son plays competitive hockey and dreams of going to Canada some day. I'm hoping a stop Canada in WS while at Epcot will suffice for a while. Ha!

Gina, I'll check out ICE! Also, I looked at Showcase of Citrus. Looks great!

We Canadians do enjoy our hockey ;) . I was a "hockey mom" myself for 11 years (my son played all three streams....ice hockey, ball hockey, and inline hockey) so I know you are one busy lady :) .

Showcase of Citrus was a great little stop :thumbsup2 . I think your trip in December would be an even better time for a visit vs. our timing in August, as there would be lots of oranges in season (where August was in between varieties.....lots of green on the trees, but nothing ripe for picking).

Voila! Here is the package handling official word from the resort:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/shera...announcements.html?propertyID=5608#conditions

Package Handling Policy

As a courtesy to our guests, our mail room will accept parcels for registered and arriving guests. All parcels must be addressed to the registered guest or with the name on the future reservation. All parcels will be accepted up to 30 days prior to arrival and held up to two weeks after departure. Improperly addressed parcels and those left for more than two weeks after departure will be returned to sender.

We will accept up to 3 parcels free of charge. A $5 handling fee per additional parcel will be applied. For additional information, please contact the resort directly.

Hi I am booked to stay at SVR from Dec 28- Jan 3,2014 in a 2 bedroom. I have not placed any specific request yet, I wanted to get some feedback far as which buildings would be best. I am staying with my mother who has back and knee problems so would prefer a building with an elevator and my daughter who is 11 would love to be close to the main pool not so much a kidde pool but something fun. We usually stay at SVV and our last visit to the SVR was about 6 years ago so I cannot really recall much about the property except its huge!! Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated. We are elite owners at SVV if that makes any difference in room requests types. Also where is the closest gym located and is the equipment updated? Thanks!

Hi I am booked to stay at SVR from Dec 28- Jan 3,2014 in a 2 bedroom. I have not placed any specific request yet, I wanted to get some feedback far as which buildings would be best. I am staying with my mother who has back and knee problems so would prefer a building with an elevator and my daughter who is 11 would love to be close to the main pool not so much a kidde pool but something fun. We usually stay at SVV and our last visit to the SVR was about 6 years ago so I cannot really recall much about the property except its huge!! Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated. We are elite owners at SVV if that makes any difference in room requests types. Also where is the closest gym located and is the equipment updated? Thanks!

I really don't recommend one section over any other. If elevators are a concern then you would request Cascades or Lakes, but all of the other sections have ground floor accessible rooms - make sure you indicate mobility issues on your DL request. You have a Saturday check-in and that determines what buildings/sections you can be placed in. See the map on post #4 in this thread for a bit of the lay of the land.

Best pools for an 11 year old are probably Falls (water slide), Cascades (waterfall and fountains), and Lakes (busy, lots of other kids). The couple of times I've used the fitness centers the equipment has been in good shape; but then I rarely do my fitness routine when in Orlando. The miles you put on in the parks and the laps you swim in the pools are all the exercise I need. Workouts at home are nothing but training for Disney vacations!

I keep seeing photos in reviews online.. all of the units look so different, I have no idea which section to request. My parents own at Marriott Sabal Palms and gave us a guest certificate for the week. I guess they had some use it or lose it opportunity for a free week so I was lucky enough to get it :)

We check in November 15, a Friday, does that make a difference in what's available? 2 bedroom. Confirmation says the second bedroom will have two full beds, I've read to make sure they don't put me in a unit with twins.

I also keep reading about a problem with housekeeping. Shoddy cleaning, stained furniture, etc. Any idea which buildings have the older furnishings?
Saw some mention of roaches and rodents... I know it's Florida, but eww.

We are a couple in our early 30s, plus my older sister and her husband. I would be like to be away from the road, not far from a fun pool (and bar) and in a newer building if you think that makes much of a difference.

Thanks for any advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter