The Queen, The Princess & The Geek: Two Trips *Couple Plans #28

So, while my parents are still together, the chaos has moved from my family to my workplace. Nasty storms in our area knocking out power :umbrella: and with the weather comes crazy kids from being stuck inside all day, and they come and spend all afternoon and evening at my library...

So my wonderful husband :tigger: sees that I'm at this point :crazy: when we meet for dinner tonight and gets the wonderful :idea: to help by :laundy: . Yeah.

We've gotten these awesome :woohoo: tie-dye shirts for both trips. They've come ready-to-wear, but for us, they need to be washed as :tigger: has skin allergies and needs to use pure/free soaps, so while I'm at work, :tigger: is going to wash them for me. One less thing to do before the trip, right? He found the directions, which say for the first few times, you want to make sure to wash them with salt to make sure the colors stay bright. Simple, right?

Nope, not for :tigger:. :rotfl: I get this call at work right in the middle of crazy hour....

:tigger: So does she mean table salt, or sea salt, or kosher salt?
:tink: hold on honey ( Please take all the :fish: and put them back in the pond.... Yes, I'm sure your mom said you were going to get an aquarium this weekend and it's wonderful you want to save money, but these aren't the right kind of :fish: ) I don't know, probably normal table salt, love...
:tigger: Well, how much?
:tink: How much what? (No, you cannot have a number for the computer because you were just shut off the computer for your language and hitting your brother. You can try again tomorrow and in the mean time you can think about your behavior and how to improve it).
:tigger: How much salt? A tablespoon? A quarter cup? A cup? A jar? :stir:
:tink: :confused: Why don't you do other laundry, and I'll wash them this weekend... I want to line dry them anyways, and it's too humid with all the rain...
:tigger: Oh, OK. :love2:
:tink: See you in a few, my love. (No, I'm sorry, there's a waiting list for that book, it's pretty popular since the movie came out... No, we can't just buy another copy since the budget for materials was cut by 75%... We won't be getting additional copies in, but I can put you on the waiting list and we will call you as soon as it's available for you...)

So, while I didn't get clean tie-dye shirts while I got home, I did get cookies and kisses... :love:

My workplace has had some upheavals with people leaving who have been there a while, and the kids I work with get a little nervous when people are out- someone's sick has all of a sudden turned into they've left for good. So I've been slowly preparing them for the fact that I'm going to be gone from work for a few days for our girls' trip coming up to Disney so they don't :scared1: while I'm gone. So far, so good, as you can see-

:jumping1: So, Miss, you like Disney a lot? Cuz you're taking your mom to Disney, right? The big one right? Not the little one but the one with the castle?
:tink: Yes, I like Disney a lot, and we're going to the big one in Florida.
:jumping1: Why you looking at costumes? Do you have to dress up to go to Disney? Can I wear a costume when I go with you?
:tink: Well, princess: and I are going to Mickey's Halloween Party one night so we're thinking about costumes, and I'm just going with princess: and you have to stay here.
:jumping1: But you can bring me something back, OK? But I don't think you're going because you said you're going and you're still here, and your mom's way far away. I don't believe you. Can we see the one with Bigfoot? Does he really eat people?
:tink: [with now a VERY small office full of 8 boys between 5 and 11 looking at MNSSHP and park maps online , youtube videos of Expedition Everest and Rockin' Roller Coaster to show them the rides because they want to know EVERYTHING] oh yeah? What if I call and we can ask her?
:jumping1: Yea! YEA! Call her and put her on speaker and we'll all be real quiet and you ask her about Disney and Mickey and the Yeti so we can hear.
:tink: OK. [Meanwhile my staff is outside :rotfl2: because they have heard all of this].

:tink: Mama?
princess: Hey Baby! How are you?
:jumping1: *snicker* you called her mama. hey! shut UP! It's Miss's mama, what else is she supposed to call her? DUH.
:tink: Mama, how many more days til Disney?
princess: 17! I can't wait!
:jumping1: TOLD YOU MISS WOULDN'T LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS'S MAMA WILL YOU TAKE ME!!! CAN YOU BRING ME A PICTURE OF MICKEY MOUSE?
princess: WHAT?
:tink: I've got an office of kids who would not believe me when I said we're going to Disney so I said I'd call you...

So princess: proceeds to talk to all the boys in my office on my cell phone about Disney and tells them that she hopes to meet them when she comes down the day before...

:rotfl2:

They get off the phone, run out of the office to tell my staff about talking to princess: and then, just when I think maybe it might be quiet....

:jumping1: So, Miss, can we see the Yeti again? Does it really eat people???? I'm small, I can fit into your suitcase...

princess: and I ( :tink: ) are in single digits for our trip, and she's gone from :cool1: to :Pinkbounc and we're not even close to Florida yet. :rotfl: She's not even to ME yet! I've got multiple daily emails, daily calls.. she's SO excited, and so nervous at the same time!

princess: What are you packing? Are you packing clothes?
:tink: Yes, I think Disney would like me to wear clothes; I don't think they let you in the parks naked after a certain age. *snicker*
princess: Not what I meant, smart butt. How many are you packing? Are you buying clothes there?
:tink: I thought I'd pack enough for all the time I'm there just in case I wouldn't find anything. Especially, you know, underwear. *snicker*
princess: Will you be serious!
:tink: OK, I'm sorry, Mama. I'll be serious.
princess: So, are you packed yet?
:tink: Nope, have to do laundry first. Unless I can order socks at Disney or pack dirty clothes and have them laundered there....
princess: HOW CAN YOU NOT BE PACKED YET, WE'RE AT DISNEY IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Then yesterday, called at work:

princess: Which paper is my airplane ticket?
:tink: You can't get your boarding pass until the day before, so you don't have it yet. On Wednesday, go online and follow the directions in the binder I gave you, and it'll print out your boarding pass to get down here...
princess: So where's my ticket again?
:jumping1: Miss' Mama, can you buy us Mickey Mouse and bring him back so we can take pictures with him? And Halloween candy? And Buzz Lightyear?

I may not survive until October 1....

OK, so who said that there could even be a possibility of a hurricane near our Girls' trip? This is a GIRLS ONLY TRIP, no boys allowed, so MATTHEW will have to go ELSEWHERE:

024813W5_NL_sm.gif

This is the NHC track for Tropical Storm Matthew, which has a possibility of hitting Florida right when we're flying in.

The Weather Channel says that Florida is in the "Need to Watch" Zone:
map_spectrop09_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

And I was just trying to talk princess: into shorts for our trip. Now I need a :genie: so that we'll either have :sunny: or :umbrella: instead of [/IMG]
Weather4.gif

Anyone know of any? Or anyone dealt with nasty weather at Disney that can give advice? Or support? When we've gone, the most we've gotten caught in has been sudden downpours... Rain I can handle... Thunderstorms, fine. Liquid hurricanes? Bring 'em on... :drinking1

Weather hurricane? :scared1: :faint:

:goodvibes So, it looks like princess: and I have ducked evil Matthew (along with everyone else who's going to the F&W Marathon and opening weekend :woohoo: ) but I have yet to convince princess: of that. I work right up until we leave Friday morning, so she's taken it on herself to go shopping for "necessities" for the trip, evidently...

princess: Weather.com says it's supposed to rain EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad2:
:tink: But we'll be at DISNEY!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
princess: So I stopped at the Dollar Store and picked up some stuff for the trip, but your father :firefight was with me, and now he won't shut up.
:firefight She bought out the whole damn store.
:tink: What did you buy?
princess: Oh, just some ponchos...
:firefight 10 of them
princess: Shut up. And some glow stuff that I'm going to mail on Monday...
:firefight Bought the frakkin' store out.
princess: SHUT UP you ol' fart. I got us some bracelets, and some necklaces, and some rings, and fairy wands, and OH, some masks for the party, and some other things that looked so pretty, and bubble blowers... :dance3:
:tink: You realize we're only there for three nights, right?
princess: Yes, but they were so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we'll be spreading the pixiedust:, so if you see a very pooh::tinker: with a slightly nutso princess: wandering around the parks with a DIS button next weekend, say hi- we'll definitely have some to share...

And maybe a poncho or two.... :lmao:

So, princess: is emailing every day with a weather update- today it's that we'll have scattered showers on Friday and everything else will be clear... We're both
Smiley-Praying.gif
that the 20% chance off rain that weather.com is giving does not fall in the 20% of the day that is our MNSSHP and screw up Hallowishes!!!!

But, after long debate, I think I have a semi-finalized itinerary to go with what we're doing... ADRs have been set for a looooooooooooooong while :thumbsup2 but everything else was up in the air... Unfortunately for princess: I like to have a little bit of a plan...

Friday, October 1:
After plane schedule issues, we should arrive at MCO about 11, pick up the rental car (yes, car), stop for groceries and sun screen, and then hit the Poly for check-in. After that it's off to Epcot to hit the Food and Wine Booths, and hopefully get a chance to ride Soarin'.... Shopping is definitely on princess: list so we may duck over to the Marketplace and back, and then hopefully head back to the Poly to rest. Dinner, then MNSSHP until we close it out, or we crash...
ADR: Crystal Palace, 5:50

Saturday, October 2:

Animal Kingdom and I'm sure more shopping, then where ever princess: wants to go in the afternoon depending on how we feel. Relaxing at the Poly and enjoying the pool, then off to dinner and then to MK to close out the evening.
ADR: California Grill, 7:45 to catch Wishes either from the table or off the balcony

Sunday, October 3:
Epcot wandering mid-afternoon and early evening, then off to Hollywood Studios in the evening/ late night. We're going to be skipping Fantasmic! as we've both seen it, and we don't want to mess with crazy crowds...
ADRS: Le Cellier, 5:00; Sci Fi Drive In Theater, 9:50

Monday, October 4

Going around and hitting last things that princess: wants to do, probably MK as that's her favorite park... Saying good-bye to the Poly, and to WDW for this trip... Flight out is at 7, so we have to be back at MCO at 5 ish...
ADR: Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, 2 p.m. as a surprise for princess:

So our girls' trip starts tomorrow, and my poor :tigger: has been helping me pack and get things ready as I've been working like crazy; we're in a hiring freeze and we're short staffed, so I'm covering more than one position's job responsibilities at my location... And working three nights a week means that he's been meeting me for dinners, and helping out a bit more around the house :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc, but that means that some things don't get through to him right away...

:tigger: princess: is coming tomorrow, right?
:tink: Yes, at 6:30 ish, unless the plane is delayed...
:tigger: And you work until 9 right?
:tink: Yes, with one other person until 7.
:tigger: So I'm picking her up from the airport, right?
:tink: Is that OK?
:tigger: Sure, she's going to be a little wired, right? ( He's not from a touchy-feeling family, no hugs or kisses given just because, so it's still a little weird after all these years)
:tink: Wouldn't quite phrase it that way...
:tigger: No?
:tink: She's more at DEFCON 2:
abominable+3.jpg

for those not familiar with another set of cartoons please see
http://youtu.be/2JlVqfC8-UI
So I call her this morning, and first things out of her mouth were
princess: I can't wait to see you, I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you and kiss you all over! And I need to feed your library people! How many do you have! And what about the :jumping1: what can I bring them?

So yeah, it should be an interesting night...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, the Queen princess: and the Princess :tink: made it to Disney and back safe and sound (will have to start an actual trip report and link it when I get the chance), and had the most wonderful time at the Poly (1036 Tahiti- right on the beach)... No rain, lots of shopping, and only one blister! :rotfl: And, when we got back, :tink: and :tigger: had left on the guest bed for princess: reservations for princess: and :tink: for next year at POFQ water view....

And now, I get to go into full planning mode for :tigger: and :tink: trip! He still doesn't have a costume, thinking TRON but I've at least convinced him to make it short sleeve and not out of a sweat suit...

I've gotten these:
41MdFlJ5TaL.jpg
and black shorts, and am going to punk out a dark t-shirt with a colored pattern underneath to be cool and comfy. We have 10 day tickets, MNSSHP tickets, and a secret reservation to Dine with an Imagineer lunch at the Brown Derby that :tigger: has no clue about...

:love:

I'm still not unpacked from our girls' trip (well, the laundry got done but everything else is packed still) and it's almost time to go again.... What a horrible thing!!!:lmao:

And still, no one in our family and friends knows where we're going... In-between work and annual reviews and getting updated on the changes in healthcare plans :-)tigger: renewal is all this month where mine would be starting while we're out if we'd take it ) :tigger: has been playing around with dining reservations and spreadsheets and touring plans and crowd estimates, and has now decided that we really like at least one sit-down (table service) experience a day, so I think he went ahead and added the DDP to our reservation... I have been buried in personnel annual reviews, Teen Read Week Programming, Halloween Programs, and making sure that things are covered at my work, because I actually have TWO WHOLE WEEKS off from my workplace, although we'll be back in town late Tuesday night. Am I telling them that? NO! Am I going to be answering the phone? NO! First looooooooooong vacation (other than the weekend I spent with princess: ) all year and I'm taking full advantage! :cloud9:

So, I was informed this evening that these are our dining reservations:

Sunday, October 24: California Grill, 7:40 (catching the fireworks, of course)
Monday, October 25: lunch at the Brown Derby, 11:30 (Lunch with an Imagineer- which :tigger: has no clue, he just thinks I'm nuts and craving Cobb salad and grapefruit cake)
Tuesday, October 26: dinner at the Plaza Restaurant, 5:40 followed by MNSSHP
Wednesday, October 27: 2:45 lunch at the Liberty Tree Inn
Thursday, October 28: none (and we're probably going to be rolling around with all this food, but :tigger: swears' we're going to be saving money....)
Friday, October 29: Chefs de France, 7:50 p.m.
Saturday, October 30: lunch at Mama Melrose
Sunday, October 31: 7:00 p.m. reservations at The Trails' End Buffet, followed by 9 p.m. reservations for the Haunted Carriage Ride
Monday, October 1: 9:20 p.m. reservations at Artist' Pointe

California Grill starting our trip and Artist' Pointe ending our trip are our two traditions... we've done them every time since 2004, so even if we ended up just doing dessert at each, we'd still do them... For the rest of the planning, we're going to take it easy; :tigger: has made up little charts based off of touringplans.com of which days are "good" and "bad" and "neutral" and so we'll go from there, but this trip will be completely different from going with princess: Less shopping, less have to do everything (trip report coming soon I promise), more stopping for the entertainment and little things....

and :tigger: wants to mini-golf so that should be .... interesting.... :rolleyes1 :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter