The Plaza

lorimay

Strolling along...
We ate here Thursday for dinner.
My daughter in law and I each had the club minus the smoked ham, and it was very good, I would go back for that.
My husband had the burger, he was not a fan, said the burger was a hockey puck.
My son had the cheesesteak, he said the meat and cheese was good, but the bread was underwhelming.
My grandson had the chicken tenders from the kids meal, they were very greasy, he wouldn't eat them.

I did see they were serving ice cream but I already had an orange dole whip earlier, so I had to pass.
I saw a sundae being served with what looked like mint chocolate ice cream, which is my favorite from The Plaza ice cream shop.
They also had banana splits that looked very good.

This was our first visit here, the menu was small, I don't know if that is the normal menu or modified.

We find the portions there are so big that they are easy to share but the big draw for us are the milkshakes. I've never met any kind of ice cream concoction I don't like. We split a sandwich and loaded fries and both had a milkshake and it was way too much food (adult son and myself).

I ate here last week and will never go back. It was the worst meal I've ever had at Disney period. The food came out in under 2 minutes and was inedible. The meatloaf was equivalent to a can of dog food and the green beans were straight water. My sister ordered the Club and asked for gravy for the side of mashed potatoes she got. The server told her they didn't have gravy even though my dog food and mashed potatoes had gravy on. Very odd to say the least. Definitely won't be making plans here anytime soon.

My grandson had the chicken tenders from the kids meal, they were very greasy, he wouldn't eat them.

Were the chicken tenders fried? I see grilled ones on the menu, but I have a nephew that only eats fried. I know you said they aren’t good, but it might be enough to keep the peace during our ADR.

I ate here last week and will never go back. It was the worst meal I've ever had at Disney period. The food came out in under 2 minutes and was inedible. The meatloaf was equivalent to a can of dog food and the green beans were straight water. My sister ordered the Club and asked for gravy for the side of mashed potatoes she got. The server told her they didn't have gravy even though my dog food and mashed potatoes had gravy on. Very odd to say the least. Definitely won't be making plans here anytime soon.

Oh boy, you really had a bad time, sorry.
I saw someone eating the meatloaf, I wondered if it was real meat or impossible.
There really aren't many options for sit down meals in MK.

The ice cream concoctions are the only reason to go, in my opinion. I usually make a reservation there around 3pm to cool down and have the brownie sundae or the plaza sundae. The quality of the food vs. the price they are charging for it, it just isn’t a good value. It’s a shame too. I used to love the cheesesteak when they served it with steak fries for $13-$14. Now it’s $19 and served with the extra salty fast food fries, and half the filling in the roll there used to be.

Do they still have the banana split? Is it good? I remember this from when I went as a kid and wanted to bring my daughter on our next visit.

My last burger there was bad, bad.

My last meal there was good. I was by myself. I was going to give my server a $20 tip, cause I was in the cheerful Disney mood and he was losing a tip for a two table top. After he asked me what will you have? He never once came ever to check on me, no napkin, no do need anything. Na da. Didn’t speak to me when he dropped off the bill. So I gave him a normal tip and left. He was speaking to his other tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter