The One Where I Forget to Take Pics - A December 2015 Dining Report - COMPLETED, 2/8: Boma

Hi Billie! Joining in. :wave2:

Your pasta looks great. It looks much like what I would order - no tomato sauce. :laughing: I like tomato sauce but if given the choice I go sans tomato.

But the pumpkin cake thing looks delish and totally up my alley. Yum!

Great start, can't wait to read more.
Colleen is back! YAY! :hug:

I'm not a tomato sauce or cooked tomato girl what so over. Love fresh tomatoes! I can sit down and eat a cold tomato with a little salt for a snack and be very happy. But once you cook them or make them into a sauce, I'm just not a fan! I don't mind leeeetle bit of sauce, like on a pizza or lasagna, but I muuuuuuuuuuch prefer my pasta with an alfredo or other cream sauce! YUM! :cutie:

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Magic Kingdom
Friday, December 4, 2015
Dinner

I'll be totally honest here... This one normally wouldn't be my first choice. But my aunt has problems with gluten, so I let her choose where we went for dinner. I pulled up on my phone the menus for different MK quick-service places, and she picked this one because she felt it had the best options for her. So off to Tomorrowland we went! It was mobbed, as usual, but we still managed to get our food and grab a table. Thennnnnnn... I took no photos. Whoops! To Google we go!

My uncle got the 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger:

Angus-cheeseburger.jpg

Pretty standard fare, but he gave it a thumbs up!

My aunt had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun, and green beans instead of fries):

chicken1.jpg

She really enjoyed the green beans, said they were really crisp and yummy. Said the chicken was good too, and seasoned really well.

I had the Barbecued Pork Sandwich:

bbq.png

I was surprised how good this was! Normally mass-produced bbq like this has a weird aftertaste to me, but this didn't at all. It was actually quite tasty, and wouldn't hesitate to eat it again!

Last edited:
Landscape of Flavors
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Breakfast

I snuck off for breakfast by myself most mornings, since my aunt and uncle don't like to eat until they've been awake a while. (Me, on the other hand... I like to eat anytime I'm breathing.) And I'm a sucker for an omelet, sooooo...

20151205_073723.jpg

I miiiiiiiiight have started to dig into it before I remembered to slow down and take a picture. :D I think it was ham, sausage, cheddar, swiss, and extra mushrooms. What I know is that it was TASTY!

There was biscuit too, but it didn't survive until picture-time. Oops!

Ohana
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Dinner

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!

Ya'll know what time it is!

It's OHANA time!!!

No pics of the ‘Ohana Pineapple-Coconut Bread or the Mixed Greens Salad. Doh!

And again, you'll see a lot of half-eaten dishes here. SORRY!

For example... The remaining half of the Pork Dumplings and Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings:

20151205_204526-1.jpg

Some half-eaten Teriyaki Lo Mein Noodles and Stir-Fried Vegetables (though you can see my uncle beautiful loaded-up plate in upper left corner):

20151205_205408-1.jpg

Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Szechuan Sirloin Steak, and Sweet-n-Sour Chicken:

20151205_210141-1.jpg

Re-Order of Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings:

20151205_210411-1.jpg

Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas-Caramel Sauce:

20151205_213950-1.jpg

And the gluten-free dessert they made for my aunt... I think it was a gluten-free ice-cream and chocolate sauce, three chocolate soft-baked gluten-free cookies, and mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries for sure, and I think I see a strawberry in there, too):

20151205_214028-1.jpg

This was Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark's introduction to Disney table service dining, and they were pretty much blown away. They declared it one of the best meals they'd ever had, and couldn't imagine how anything else that week could top it!

Last edited:
Oh how I LOVE the bread pudding at 'Ohana! And pretty much everything else there - yum! The dessert they made special for your aunt looks really good too!

Ok, I could not wait to read your reviews until after lunch. But amazingly, I am not ravenous after looking at the pictures. Hmmm.

I can't wait to experience Landscape of Flavors. That pasta looks AMAZING!

And well, you know how I feel about O'hana! YUMMY!!!

Aren't Debby & Mark in for a treat the rest of the trip. Although, I will say, it is hard to top O'hanas for me.

I can't wait to see and read more!

Landscape of Flavors
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Breakfast

I snuck off for breakfast by myself most mornings, since my aunt and uncle don't like to eat until they've been awake a while. (Me, on the other hand... I like to eat anytime I'm breathing.) And I'm a sucker for an omelet, sooooo...

20151205_073723.jpg

I miiiiiiiiight have started to dig into it before I remembered to slow down and take a picture. :D I think it was ham, sausage, cheddar, swiss, and extra mushrooms. What I know is that it was TASTY!

There was biscuit too, but it didn't survive until picture-time. Oops!

Yum, this looks so good!

Ohana
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Dinner

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!

It's OHANA time!!!

No pics of the ‘Ohana Pineapple-Coconut Bread or the Mixed Greens Salad. Doh!

And again, you'll see a lot of half-eaten dishes here. SORRY!

For example... The remaining half of the Pork Dumplings and Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings:

20151205_204526-1.jpg

Some half-eaten Teriyaki Lo Mein Noodles and Stir-Fried Vegetables (though you can see my uncle beautiful loaded-up plate in upper left corner):

20151205_205408-1.jpg

20151205_210141-1.jpg

Re-Order of Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings:

20151205_210411-1.jpg

Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas-Caramel Sauce:

20151205_213950-1.jpg

And the gluten-free dessert they made for my aunt... I think it was a gluten-free ice-cream and chocolate sauce, three chocolate soft-baked gluten-free cookies, and mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries):

20151205_214028-1.jpg

This Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark's introduction to Disney table service dining, and they were pretty much blown away. They declared it one of the best meals they'd ever had, and couldn't imagine how anything else that week could top it!

I really want to try this, I am just not sure how well it would work for hubby who can only eat seafood and picky boy child one who is less picky then he was, but won't eat any of the items in your pictures. Maybe one day if I do a solo or girl trip.

This Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark's introduction to Disney table service dining, and they were pretty much blown away. They declared it one of the best meals they'd ever had, and couldn't imagine how anything else that week could top it!
That must have been amazing to hear :goodvibes

I agree 100% on Cosmic Rays - not our favorite spot but it was good for what it had to be in the moment.

I'm not a big egg fan but that omelette looks pretty amazing!

Your Ohana pictures are making me HUNGRY right now! We're going there for the first time in May and I'm already for the total pig out!!

Oh how I LOVE the bread pudding at 'Ohana! And pretty much everything else there - yum! The dessert they made special for your aunt looks really good too!
The only problem with the bread pudding is that I never get to eat more than a few bites of it... TOO FULL!!! :sad:

Ok, I could not wait to read your reviews until after lunch. But amazingly, I am not ravenous after looking at the pictures. Hmmm.
Probably because everything was half-eaten in the photos. Not nearly as appetizing! :rotfl:

I can't wait to experience Landscape of Flavors. That pasta looks AMAZING!
Girl, it was soooo goood! ::yes::

And well, you know how I feel about O'hana! YUMMY!!!

Aren't Debby & Mark in for a treat the rest of the trip. Although, I will say, it is hard to top O'hanas for me.
Ohana is a favorite for me, too! A "must do!" Even though I did make the hard decision to cut it completely on my next trip. I KNOW, I KNOW! But I have to try new places sometimes! And it'll be back on the list for the next trip after that, I promise! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see and read more!
I'm going to try to do another TR/DR update sooner rather that later, since I have a three-day weekend this weekend. No promises, though! :laughing:

Joining in :)
Yay! :welcome:

Yum, this looks so good!
It really WAS good! Nom nom! :D

I really want to try this, I am just not sure how well it would work for hubby who can only eat seafood and picky boy child one who is less picky then he was, but won't eat any of the items in your pictures. Maybe one day if I do a solo or girl trip.
Yeah, the only seafood protein is the grilled peel & eat shrimp. So unless your DH just looooooove shrimp, it may not be a good option. Oh well, sounds like a good enough reason to plan a solo trip, I think! :laughing:

That must have been amazing to hear :goodvibes
I did feel pretty good, yeah! It was nice to know I got something right! :blush:

I agree 100% on Cosmic Rays - not our favorite spot but it was good for what it had to be in the moment.
Yep, it did it's job! And my bbq sandwich really WAS delicious! :thumbsup2

I'm not a big egg fan but that omelette looks pretty amazing!
It was SUPER YUMMY. But I'm partial. I love omelets, but am waaaaaaay too lazy for making them myself. :rotfl:

Your Ohana pictures are making me HUNGRY right now! We're going there for the first time in May and I'm already for the total pig out!!
Oh, duuuuude. You're going to LOVE IT!!!! It's amaaaaazing!!! NOMS!!! :goodvibes

Mmmm. What a yummy start to the vacation! Landscape of flavors does not fail to impress me every time. I'm oftentimes surprised it's a food court in a theme park. I really like their selection of food and it's always prepared really well. The Make your own pasta is a favorite of my sisters!

Cosmic Rays...haven't eaten there for a really long time! But if I were in a burger and fry mood I'd definitely consider it!

Mmmmmm, 'Ohana! I am so glad your uncle and aunt enjoyed it so much! I'm so excited to have my birthday dinner there! This time I may definitely get myself a lapu lapu, but only if I don't get sloshed at Trader Sams right before which is really easy to do. :drinking1

Looking forward to more good eats!

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!

It's OHANA time!!!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

YEAHHHH!! My favorite!! You picked the perfect place to start their TS experience!! Was your aunt able to eat mostly everything? Her dessert looks good.

I haven't done Cosmic Rays in years but the sandwiches actually look pretty decent.

And that omelet looks SO good. AOA has the best food court!

Mmmm. What a yummy start to the vacation! Landscape of flavors does not fail to impress me every time. I'm oftentimes surprised it's a food court in a theme park. I really like their selection of food and it's always prepared really well. The Make your own pasta is a favorite of my sisters!
I agree, I was very impressed by it! :cutie:

Mmmmmm, 'Ohana! I am so glad your uncle and aunt enjoyed it so much! I'm so excited to have my birthday dinner there! This time I may definitely get myself a lapu lapu, but only if I don't get sloshed at Trader Sams right before which is really easy to do. :drinking1
I'm so kicking myself for skipping Trader Sam's! Doh! :headache:

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

YEAHHHH!! My favorite!! You picked the perfect place to start their TS experience!! Was your aunt able to eat mostly everything? Her dessert looks good.
The chef took VERY good care of her gluten issue! She couldn't have the welcome bread, so they brought her out some gluten-free rolls. She just skipped the pork dumplings and went for the wings instead. And she couldn't have the noodles, so the brought her some rice! :thumbsup2

I haven't done Cosmic Rays in years but the sandwiches actually look pretty decent.
I was surprised how good they were, actually! :goodvibes

And that omelet looks SO good. AOA has the best food court!
They really do! NOM! :D

Thennnnnnn... I took no photos. Whoops! To Google we go!

My uncle got the 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger:

Angus-cheeseburger.jpg
Love your photo. How on earth did you manage to get the cosmic ray's logo on there ; )

I had the Barbecued Pork Sandwich:

bbq.png

I was surprised how good this was! Normally mass-produced bbq like this has a weird aftertaste to me, but this didn't at all. It was actually quite tasty, and wouldn't hesitate to eat it again!
Surprising indeed. Good to know there is another good QS option in MK

20151205_073723.jpg

This looked good until I got to the dreaded extra mushrooms ; ) Looks like a huge omelet though

20151205_204526-1.jpg
OMG these looks amazing. I read Poly started delivering 'Ohana to the rooms. Think there is any chance they can just deliver it to me house instead ; ) In my post New Years Eve craving greasy food stopper I could devour about ten plates of these right now.

20151205_210141-1.jpg
Yum shrimp. Do they leave the shell's on. Love it that way and you don't see it very often.

This was Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark's introduction to Disney table service dining, and they were pretty much blown away. They declared it one of the best meals they'd ever had, and couldn't imagine how anything else that week could top it!
Great job Billie!!!!!!!!

I'll be totally honest here... This one normally wouldn't be my first choice.

It would not have been mine either but it sounds like you enjoyed it. Will keep in mind for future visits.

And I'm a sucker for an omelet, sooooo...

Oh, me too. I can't be bothered to chop stuff in the morning so when I go out for breakfast I usually get an omelet. Yours looks delish. Love mushrooms!!

I've never tried Ohana I think because it seems like you either love it or hate it and I didn't want to hate it. I definitely have to try ASAP. ::yes::

HI Billie, I'm super excited to read along the rest of your report, I'm reading along with your TR as well as I love your upbeat personality! Your commentary on the various personality types you see around is hilarity at its best too. Hope you had a nice birthdayprincess:

I have only ever been to Cosmic Rays of those places, and while it isn't my fav either, I don't hate it and end up there quite often.

I keep wanting to try Landscape of flavors... maybe next trip, because well it always looks good even half eaten :)!

thanks so far for your reviews and photos...my most favorite are the Ohana pot stickers and wings and the meat...we have been a few times there and have another ressie in May....at Cosmic Rays I always get the half chicken and potatoes and beans...I can hardly wait now...Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter