***The Official May 2017 Thread***

So I pretty amped about our April/May 2017 trip. I have two surprises for revealing. First surprise is gonna be the entire trip for my 5yr old DD, she has know idea and has been getting the Disney bug bad, she asks every now and then on when we will be going back and it's been crazy hard for me and the wife to redirect. Second surprise is gonna be for wife and daughter. We were booked for AoA which we were all super stoked to try (we are pop century people) something new but today I just booked us at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm hoping to hold on to this secret until we arrive at MCO and check in with magical express and then BOOM! Either way it happens i'm even more excited for this trip. It's just us 3 and have never stayed at a deluxe all together:)

Joining the group of people going the first week of May! I'm so excited!

First night we're staying at the AKL, then the rest of the week we'll be at POR. This coming from someone who's only ever stayed at the All Star resorts... :yay::tigger::cool1:

Woo Hoo!!!

Just booked for a split stay at Pop & POFQ (first time at POFQ so let me know any secrets) the week before Memorial Day. It's last minute (for a Disney planning family, that is) but was surprised at the Table Service options that were still available to book. Got everything we wanted.

Just booked for May! We just went in May 2016 and were not planning another trip until Christmas 2018. I was having trouble deciding on a beach reservation and my boys (husband included) said they had rather go back to Disney!! I feel really behind considering we always book 18 months or so in advance. We are going CHEAP so we booked All Star Sports. Probably, not so wise since we stayed 10 nights last year at the Contemporary. Hopefully we can drop our deluxe expectations before we arive and enjoy the value experience. We have never stayed in a regular value room, our first trip we stayed in a Cars Family Suite. Excited to plan alongside you all!!

Hoping someone can help me out :) I swear I saw somewhere on the boards a partial list of the Garden Rocks concert line-up for this years' F&G festival. Now I can't find it anywhere......has anyone else read it and if so can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Just booked for May! We just went in May 2016 and were not planning another trip until Christmas 2018. I was having trouble deciding on a beach reservation and my boys (husband included) said they had rather go back to Disney!! I feel really behind considering we always book 18 months or so in advance. We are going CHEAP so we booked All Star Sports. Probably, not so wise since we stayed 10 nights last year at the Contemporary. Hopefully we can drop our deluxe expectations before we arive and enjoy the value experience. We have never stayed in a regular value room, our first trip we stayed in a Cars Family Suite. Excited to plan alongside you all!!

I think it depends on the age of your boys. We've stayed at All Star two years in a row and our girls were 2,6 and then 3,7. It was just the right size room but the beds are only doubles. That wasn't a big deal our first year but I was 6 months pregnant the second year and wished for a bigger bed. This year we have 3 kids so we're trying out a moderate resort. Boys will enjoy the theme more than our girls did. I'd suggest the preferred room over standard to save on walking but also it's quieter.

I think it depends on the age of your boys. We've stayed at All Star two years in a row and our girls were 2,6 and then 3,7. It was just the right size room but the beds are only doubles. That wasn't a big deal our first year but I was 6 months pregnant the second year and wished for a bigger bed. This year we have 3 kids so we're trying out a moderate resort. Boys will enjoy the theme more than our girls did. I'd suggest the preferred room over standard to save on walking but also it's quieter.
Thanks! Our boys are 11 and 6. We were unsettled about the room/resort so we swapped to moderate, CRB.

I just found out that my neighbor is surprising her son with a trip to Disney and our dates overlap! She will be there April 30 til May 5 and we are May 3 to 10. so fun! She hasn't made her dining reservations yet and I keep bugging her about it. :laughing:

Only 121 days left!! Hard to believe its been 90 days since I booked. I hate this period with nothing to do till FP's. Thank god for the dis to give me my disney fix while waiting...

I'm joining in with you Merry May goers!! We had originally planned for March, but due to work conflicts we have had to switch to May.

I was in a full on panic yesterday with this news, ADRs and FPs were already booked for March. What about moving airfare? What if I can't get the resort we want, plus I booked with a VISA discount that was now expired. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! My planning genes were in RED ALERT!!! The options were to figure out another date or cancel altogether. Ok, move the dates, since cancelling is a really rotten option!

DS, who is 22 has not been to WDW since *gasp*2015 and that turned out to be a really bad trip for him. He's a college student and him having time off is difficult. He's grown up Disney and he has been longing for a trip. So we had planned for his Spring Break, we were going March 7-12. DS's last day of finals for the semester were 5/4, so I started looking for dates 5/5 and beyond.

First I checked SW website to see if we could change the flights we had booked on points. Yes!! The trip down would be about the same, the trip home had way earlier flights than I wanted, but you have to go with what you've got I guess. Before changing flights I had to be sure I could change my package with Disney.

Next, I got on the WDW site and found that they have a Sun and Fun promotion going on that covers our dates and that the room we had booked at CSR was available AND with this promotion about $200 cheaper!! I called Disney and after a very long hold, finally got everything settled.

We will fly in on 5/5 and spend 3 nights over on the Dark Side and then move over to WDW from 5/8-5/14. We will be doing a Deluxe Dining Package at CSR, for DH and DS vacation = eating, lol. We fly home very early on Mother's Day boo hoo, unless of course I figure out a way to talk DH into one more night, lol.

I did manage to find most of my ADRs and put them back as they were for the most part, including Ohanas.

So excited about our trip!!

Any ideas on why all of the values are booked (I mean, not a single room at any of them, not even on Expedia) for May 12-16? Cheer summit is over on the 7th and the Special Olympics don't start until the 19th. I can't even find a room switching one or two days earlier or later. Do that many cheer families really stick around that long, or is there something else I am missing? Thanks!

Joining in on the May fun! May 6th-13 at the Wilderness Lodge. I got a great deal with my AP discount. Working on booking flights now but not too worried. Happy Planning!

Joining in on the May fun! May 6th-13 at the Wilderness Lodge. I got a great deal with my AP discount. Working on booking flights now but not too worried. Happy Planning!
The newest AP discount is really good! Saved a nice amount on our WL stay too, but we miss you by 5 days :)

I agree about the great AP room offer!!!! Was able to book CBR with the AP room rate and SAVED almost $400 over what we were paying for a Little Mermaid room at AOA! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter