The not so live version of dining w/ Disers, in Castles & on Safari! The Wrap! 2/26

Bravo Brenda!!! :worship::worship::worship: Congrats on the completion of another awesome dining report. It amazes me that you have been able to juggle 2 dining reports and a trip report for the last few months and have done such a great job on all three. Perhaps you should be the host and reinstate the "live updates" part of the live dining thread once we are done with our joint dining report??? :idea:

{Don't worry, my friend...I'm totally just kidding! :lmao:}

I love how you were still spreading pixie dust on the flight home :goodvibes

Wonderful wrap up, thank you for a lovely honest dining report :thumbsup2

Great wrap up! I really appreciate all the time you took to post everything and as always, I really enjoyed following along.

The Wrap! The Not So Live Version of Dining with Disers, in Castles, and On Safari! August 2013

2. Shula’s – This was my absolute favorite dinner the entire trip. This was a distinctly un-Disney dining experience since the theming is not something that I am particularly fond of with all of the sports memorabilia. However, the amazing melt in your mouth filet, the wonderful sourdough bread, and the perfection in service from our wait team made this a must repeat dining experience. We returned for our December trip with another DIS couple (Couchy) and had an excellent dinner!

Petite filet with bernaise sauce
DSCN7432.jpg

Not my favorite dessert; however, this chocolate lava cake got rave reviews both times our party ordered it.

DSCN7437.jpg

That total savings tells me that either we eat way too much on vacation or I should completely justify another Disney trip by “spending” my savings.

Up Next: The current dining review....

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

mmmmmm. Shula's ... so tasty and you don't know what you are missing with that chocolate lava cake :goodvibes

I always justify my TIW savings with using that savings to book another trip:rolleyes1

mmmmmm. Shula's ... so tasty and you don't know what you are missing with that chocolate lava cake :goodvibes

Ok, I have a question regarding two of the desserts at Shula's. I've only dined there once and chose the chocolate souffle...

It was very good and it looks very similar to their chocolate lava cake. For anyone that has tried both of these desserts, which did you prefer? I'm going to be joining Brenda and Paula & their hubbies for dinner there during our April/May trips, so I'm trying to decide which of these two desserts to order. Stick with the one I've tried and enjoyed or try the chocolate lava one. :confused3

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous :worship:

I am so pleased Kona made your highlights list - it is a favourite of ours too.

However, I am now doubting my decision to take Sian to Yachtsman for her Birthday dinner and wondering if we should switch to Shula's instead :confused3

I've not commented much, but thank you for taking time to write these review. They are great ans so much fun to read! :flower3:

I definitely did not comment as much as I would have liked along the way... but I enjoyed every review from you and Em!

I loved the lists at the end!

Because of your reviews, I'm adding a few places to my wishlist:
Shula's (my DH is a HUGE Dolphins fan... not sure why we haven't been yet!)
Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Plaza... I need the fries!

Thanks for another great DR!

As always great insightful reviews! I know you are super excited about your next trip!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am just so behind in this! Thanks for the kona review! I am still deciding one night of our adrs (choosing between coral reef, kona, or tutto italia) so thanks for your review! Thanks for the call out too, not sure if it was me though!

Great wrap-up, Brenda! I sure will miss following along with your DR! Looking forward to the May trip! ;)

I guess I need to check out the Live Dining Thread - I've been intimidated by its length. :confused3 :laughing:

Great wrap-up, Brenda! I sure will miss following along with your DR! Looking forward to the May trip! ;)

I guess I need to check out the Live Dining Thread - I've been intimidated by its length. :confused3 :laughing:

Our joint dining report from our December trip (of which Brenda plays a major role) started on Page 88 of the live thread. We are about half done and are currently on Page 110, so you are not too far behind and there's plenty more to come. So there is no need to wait until May to read more of Brenda's great dining reviews, come join us now on the live thread. :thumbsup2

As always, thank you for sharing your wisdom & yummy finds, Brenda! You have definitely inspired me to try some new things! Not to mention the fact that you've taught me a lot about how to save, which Rich thanks you for. :) I cannot wait for the next one & I will definitely be going through this one again to add a few to my "must try" list. You are wonderful!

Just about to hit the sack for the wake-up call for the limo to the airport in the morning, but I saw this and had to comment.

I love your recap (although I'm still sorry you didn't enjoy your French onion soup at BOG...mine was Really, really good).

Love your "need improvements" and love your why did we never do and we will be back to the favorites.

I have to go back and read your Kona dinner review because I'm eating there for the first time in May/June with the girls.

Brenda,

I'm always a little sad when your dining reports come to end. But there's still the live dining thread to keep up with and I know you will have another trip soon.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into your reports. I enjoy them so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts