The not so live version of dining w/ Disers, in Castles & on Safari! The Wrap! 2/26

emmysmommy

DIS Veteran
We're Back from 15 Days of Disney Dining!

5558e944-57c0-40e1-b5f4-d0f82b86d5fa.jpg

Emmy (JustEmmy) and I recently returned from 15 days of delightful WDW dining. We left with nearly 40 ADRs that included 10 new restaurants. However, given the sheer enormity of the amount of food we would have consumed with all those reservations we ditched some of them. We were excited to dine with a couple Disers, enjoyed a special dining event on safari, and had afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Oh, and there was the special tour of the Dream Suite of Cinderellas Castle but this is a dining review so no ones interested in that here!! (You'll have to pop over to my TR for that one! To make it easy, here's a link.)

A few Disers that may look familiar: Goofysons'mom, JustEmmy, DonaldDoleWhip, and Emmysmommy (and Andrew our honorary Diser!)
787cf738-abaa-4408-8f66-e63b11953877.jpg

We ended up keeping 8 of the 10 new restaurants. (Fresh at the Dolphin Hotel and Rose and Crown will have to await another trip.) Please stay tuned to see my new favorite Signature restaurant, where we dined twice in the same trip, what cocktail that's all the rave around here that I tried and what did I really think? And finally, some insanely delicious new snacks/treats that I discovered!

For those that followed along on the live dining thread, thanks for dropping by. I can't guarantee that this won't look like de ja vu but it will have some bonus content and some photos that were not shared on the live thread. I suppose I should also mention that although I will share many of the same restaurants that have become favorites over the last few years, you WILL see me try some new items. I know, hard to believe! (Insert disclaimer: I absolutely can not be held responsible for not changing up what I order at Kona Café for breakfast. They hold the distinction of offering the most legendary of breakfast items in all of WDW for my taste buds so why mess with a good thing?)

And for those that have not followed along with my prior DR/TRs let me share a little about me and my little travel party. I am 30 something, tall, thin, blonde, and can eat an entire kitchen sink at B&C without gaining an ounce. WE KNOW THATS A LIE! Ok, you want the truth... I wont reveal my age (and those of you who know that I have a 30 yr old son so stop doing the math!), I'm short, have to run to maintain the excess weight I do carry around, am a natural red head (that one I'll admit to since before too long this too will change!), and yeah, I probably gained 8.5 pounds alone on this trip. No self-control I tell you!

This was the 5th girls trip with my 17 yr old DD Emmy. My DH, Michael, is absent this trip since it was booked as another girl trip since we had other summer travel plans as a family.

With that, let's move on to our dining plans. Here was our actual dining line up:

Day 1: Fri. Aug. 16th
Travel treats with a Disney twist - (snacks) Post #13
Territory Lounge (D) Post #31

Day 2: Sat. Aug. 17th
Whispering Canyon Café (B) Post #50
Tortuga Tavern (L) Post #68
AKL Club Lounge (appetizers) Post #85
Jiko (D) Post #102
Late night dessert from CL lounge Post #132

Day 3: Sun. Aug. 18th
Kilamanjaro Sunrise Safari (B) Post #143
Yak & Yeti (L) Post #170
Captain's Grille (Dis friends Dinner) Post #191
Ale & Compass Lounge (Dis friends evening cocktails) Post #213

Day 4: Mon. Aug. 19th
Tusker House - Part 1 (B) Post #228
Tusker House - Donald's Safari Breakfast - Part 2 Post # 229
Club level snacks Post #254
Grand Floridian Café (Dis friends Dinner) Post #255

Day 5: Tues. Aug. 20th
Boma (B) - Post #267
San Angel Inn (L) Post #286
Dismeet Intermission with Vettegirl at DLR - October 19, 2013
Yachtsman Steakhouse (D) Post #307

Day 6: Wed. Aug. 21st
Club Level (B) - Post #323
50s Prime Time Café (L) - Post #333
Bonus content: CL Evening Appetizers Post #354
Monsieur Paul Part 1 (D) Post #355
Monsieur Paul Part 2 Post #356
Bonus video Post Monsieur Paul dinner - also added to part 2 of review. Post #383

Day 7: Thurs. Aug. 22nd
Club Level (B) Post #392
Teppan Edo (L) Post #393
La Hacienda de San Angel (D) Post #411

Day 8: Fri. Aug. 23rd
Club Level (B) Post #435
Plaza Restaurant (L) Post #438
Dismeet Intermission with Paula (Smile4stamps) - November 18, 2013
Shula's Steakhouse (D) Post #461

Day 9: Sat. Aug. 24th
Do cookies count as breakfast? If so, Sweet Spells was it - Post #494
Sci Fi (L) Post #495
Cinderella's Royal Table (D) Part 1 - Post #496
Cinderella's Royal Table (D) Part 2 - Post #497

Day 10: Sun. Aug. 25th
Grand Floridian Café (B) Post #508
Le Cellier (L) Post #532
Bonus** - Contempo Café Cupcake snack update - Post #544
Kona Café (D) Post #545

Day 11: Mon. Aug. 26th
Kona Café (B) - Post #559
Liberty Tree Tavern (L) - Post #560
Be Our Guest (D) - Post #583

Day 12: Tues. Aug. 27th
Skipped Breakfast do you believe it?
Columbia Harbour House (L) - Post #609
Grand Floridian Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea - Post #635

Day 13: Wed. Aug. 28th
The Wave (B) Post #663
Tokyo Dining (L) - Post #681
Epcot treats (snack) - Post #692
Tonys Town Square (D) - Post #704

Day 14: Thurs. Aug. 29th
Gastons Tavern/Prairie Outpost (B) - Post #718
Reserved for MKs infamous Dole Whip! - Post #719
Beaches & Cream (L) - Post #720
Crews Cup Lounge (D) - Post #747

Day 15: Fri. Aug. 30th
Crystal Palace - Part 1 (B) - Post #748
Crystal Palace - Part 2 (B) - Post #749
Plaza Restaurant (L) - Post #768
Dinner at 30,00 feet - Post #789

The Wrap! Summary of favorites and not so favorites! - Post #798

Contributing Reviewer for the Current Live Dining Grand Finale! List of Restaurants and Jabead's (Barb's) Live Dining Thread

Since I'm going to attempt to juggle a DR (I am loyal to the dining boards!) and a TR, I'll try to keep this thing going at a steady pace. I offer no guarantees that this thing will not emerge into 2015 before I'm finished!

And one more thing... Thank you up front for reading along. :)

Count me in for this too! I'm pretty sure I saw all of your updates in the live thread, but it'll be fun to read the reviews in even greater detail. :goodvibes

Count me in for this too! I'm pretty sure I saw all of your updates in the live thread, but it'll be fun to read the reviews in even greater detail. :goodvibes

WELCOME Mr. DDW!!! Thanks for being first in line to join!!! I will definitely have bonus content for this version. I can only handle texting so many photos before my nimble fingers mess up and prematurely send the text. Just ask Barb how many times I did that!

Sorry for cropping you a little too much in that photo but I did like it with all of us! :)

Joining in! I caught your updates on the live thread, but I can't wait to hear more about your dining this trip. Now I have to pop over to your TR and subscribe to that too! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I caught your updates on the live thread, but I can't wait to hear more about your dining this trip. Now I have to pop over to your TR and subscribe to that too! :thumbsup2

Hi Jeri! Thanks for joining!! :goodvibes

Joining in for your dining adventures!!
Hi Lori! Welcoming you to this thread as well!! I'm glad to see you here. :)

Can't wait!

Hi there and welcome! I can't wait to share! :)

I'm totally down!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about all the wonderful dining choices!! :goodvibes

Hi Millie! Great to have you join in! :)

I am here! And Andrew is an actual Diser, GoofySon. He has just never posted! :)

Hi Vicki! Ahhh didn't know! Then officially, it is the Diser's Dining extravaganza with a few hic ups dinner! ;)

I'm glad you are here and joining!! Especially since I have another chapter for which you and Andrew will make an appearance.

Brenda!!! You're back! How I've missed you! LOL!!:hyper:
This was the first summer we didn't take our August trip and of course we would have been there the same time you were....Darn!
I wonder how much two red heads could get into at one DisMeet??? :eek:
I'm sure there would have been a few avocado margaritas with our names on them.:rolleyes1

And of course you won't be around in November when *I* go back!
Shucks!
Looking forward to reading along as always!

Let's start off with a short update....Since this is all about Disney Dining, I can definitely include this little update since it includes Disney food or rather snacks.

We were served snacks on the plane but nothing like these little babies. What makes the plane ride to WDW better than authentic Disney Chip & Dale treats. I tell you those chipmunks have spent some time in the kitchen and know what they are doing! I ended up eating half the bag of the savory sesame sticks.

DSCN2221.jpg

Some of you may be thinking this is odd to have Disney snacks on the WAY TO WDW?!? Well, it just happens that we were at the DLR a few days prior and I stocked up on a few of my favorites in advance of this trip. So there you have my completely reasonable explanation why someone would travel TO Disney WITH Disney snacks!

And then for some plain 'ole boring non-Disney themed snacks:
DSCN2208.jpg

Ok, that’s not really a Dining Review but it’s how we started our trip. I promise the next update will be real authentic Disney food!

Next Up: Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge

Brenda!!! You're back! How I've missed you! LOL!!:hyper:
This was the first summer we didn't take our August trip and of course we would have been there the same time you were....Darn!
I wonder how much two red heads could get into at one DisMeet??? :eek:
I'm sure there would have been a few avocado margaritas with our names on them.:rolleyes1

And of course you won't be around in November when *I* go back!
Shucks!
Looking forward to reading along as always!

Hi Tricia! I'm so glad you are here! Welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed your "no attendance award for you" review you wrote!!

Not sure Disney could handle the trouble, err I mean fun that we would have together with a few cocktails!

Awww man, nope we don't go back until December so I will miss you in Nov. :)

Thanks again for joining!

Woohoo I'm so excited to read this :cool1:! Fifteen days of Disney food... does it get any better!?

:tink:::MinnieMoI'm subscribing to your DR. I worked for WDW for a few years (after first joining the college program) and still can't get enough of the place. Our daughter is young (she just started school) and we love taking her to WDW (next trip in December). I can't wait until she is older and we can go on mother daughter trips together like you and your daughter (it must be so much fun!):goodvibes :tink:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter