THE MOST MAGICAL TRIP EVER - 7 NIGHTS AT POFQ!

mshaheen

Earning My Ears
Those of you on FB on "I'm so Disney" saw my daily updates....it was THE MOST MAGICAL TIME EVER!!!!! I will keep it short and sweet - and give you the meaty highlights:

Friday, March 25: Departure from Raleigh, NC - drive took about 10.5 hours. Checked into the Marriott and dinner at hubby's favorite, Boston Lobster. YUMMY! To bed early to rise early...

Saturday, March 26: Up at 6, MICKEY PANCAKES and off to check in at POFQ - where my COLLEGE BESTIE FROM MILWAUKEE and her sister met us at 7 am! On the bus to AK by 7:15 - at the park and in the park at 7:45 and rode Expedition Everest 4 times! Used FP+ for Safari, Dinosaur and back to EE. Got the text from POFQ that our rooms were ready....bus back - unpack the suitcases, decorate the doors and windows with Easter stickers and magnets - and then sat outside with a glass of wine, observing the river. We were in Room 2225 and I LOVED IT - quiet, could watch the river and walk easily to the pool and to the Sassagoula Works! Took the boat to Disney Springs and DELICIOUS dinner at Raglan Road (our daughter is an Irish Dancer) - and, of course, shopping! Back on the boat in the rain - very fun!

Sunday, March 27: EASTER! Everyone up early - IT'S MAGIC KINGDOM TIME - off to the parks by 7 am - and through to Space Mountain where we rode it 4 times in a row. Then off to the Contemporary for Easter Mass at 10:30 am in Fantasia Ballroom. We wore our customized tee-shirts and it was awesome. Easter Lunch at Be Our Guest - AWESOME MEAL!!! Afternoon FP+ at 7 dwarves and Big Thunder. Got to see the Easter Parade! Magnificent. Home early to rest and enjoy the resort.

Monday, March 28: DHS in the morning - rode Rockin' Roller Coaster 3 times before 9 am, then Tower of Terror twice, Toy Story once...saw some shows - then took the boat to Epcot for Flower and Garden - my first time at Flower and Garden and WOW - we sampled and ate and drank all around the world - it was SIMPLY BREATHTAKINGLY AMAZING! VERY AWESOME Becky hostess and Dave our server (that guy is UNBELIEVABLY GOOD) were able to change our table of 4 at Rose and Crown to a table of 8 - OUTSIDE to watch my FAVORITE, Illuminations - it was ABSOLTE PERFECTION!

Tuesday, March 29: College roommate had to fly home (sniff) - but Raleigh BFF's joined us from Universal and we began fun ANEW! Tuesday was Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space Orange and lots of walking around. Headed back over to Flower and Garden where the 12-year-old twins began the Agent P experience and the Easter Egg Hunt. Back to our resert in the evening and the boat up to Boatwrights for a LOVELY DINNER! Early evening, because we have to be back up early again for:

Wednesday, March 30: Magic Kingdom. Second set of customized shirts. This time we ran to Splash Mountain and were able to ride it TWICE without even having to disembark. Big Thunder Mountain next, then Tom Sawyer's Island (so fun) then Space Mountain and Seven Dwarves again. Monorail to Epcot and lunch at Corral Reef. A little more on Agent P and Easter Egg Hunt, then home to change for dinner at California Grill - OUR FAVORITE. The meal was EXCELLENT, as always - and the view for the fireworks is absolutely breathtaking.

Thursday, March 31: Back to Hollywood Studios. Where we DASHED off to Rockin' Roller Coaster the first day, this day we ran to Tower of Terror - rode it 4 times before using our FP for Rockin' Roller Coaster, Indiana Jones (I got selected as an "extra" - OMG FUN FUN FUN!) and Lights, Motor Action! before it closed! On the boat to Epcot - spent the rest of the afternoon wandering Epcot and eating and drinking around the world. Dinner at Biergarten, home early !

Friday, April 1: Sigh - last day. So sad. Ran BACK to Hollywood Studios, rode Rockin' Roller Coaster 3 more times, Tower of Terror twice and then boat to Epcot for lunch. Back to resort to chill poolside for a few hours before our final ADR at SciFi. ONe more time with Toy Story, then Symphony in the Stars, Fantasmic and one last ride on Tower of Terror. We closed the park at 11:30 - YAY FOR US!

Some observations: I have been at the park at Christmas, Thanksgiving, in full summer - it was the busiest I have ever seen it. However, we had a PLAN - up early every day, we worked FP+ and our ADR's, and we never waited in line for more than about 15 minutes. I felt really sorry for those people who just showed up with 1 day tickets and with no plan and waited 3 hours for Seven Dwarves or Test Track...it's important to have a plan and be knowledgeable before you go. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN TO THE WORLD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter