The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread

Mickey again--what did you get at Sunshine Seasons. Love their counter service, but not sure how it works with the DP as far as sides/entrees go. Would appreciate any more info you have. Thanks!

They have 3 or 4 different stations. Grilled steak and salads, chicken and rice , ethnic plates. I had the steak and flat bread salad. My husband had he steak chili/soup and chicken ceaser salad which both counted as the one meal. My son had a 1/2 chicken and mashed pototoes and carrots. Their entres are combinations of few things at each station. They have pictures above each station of the platters. Then there is the bakery station. Fruit tarts, key lime pie, Huge choc cake, a large varity. Not like the other counter service desserts. These were top quality. Don;t forget the drinks too. They are self serve sodas etc.

Also at the counter service in the water parks, you have to order you desert which is ice cream at the time you pay. Tell the cashier you will come back for it. They give you tokens so it doesn't melt sitting on your tray while you eat. The same if you eat counter at your hotel. Order it and you have till closing of that day to come back and get your dessert. At least at the Sports, just ask first.

Tegra89 said:
I'm on WW too! I have decided not to even count points while on vacation. I don't think I'll be able to count that high!!! :scared:

:rotfl2: Same boat here! I've decided that while in wdw no counting points. Just enjoy. It will probably put me back a month but....it will be worth it! :wizard:

mjmcca said:
Artist point has great meals and they are CS.

I think you mean artist's palette at SSR.....

Artist Point is a signature restaurant at WLV

goofyforlife said:
I think you mean artist's palette at SSR.....

Artist Point is a signature restaurant at WLV
Yep you are right I was having a senior moment too bad I should be too young for those!

Wow! We were looking through my Birmbuam book for ideas on CS meals, but this thread is awsome. I think I have enough ideas for the entire week! (but keep the suggestions coming!)

Yum...Yum...

Thanks everyone for posting these! great ideas!

ameraumi said:
NAME of RESTAURANT: Liberty Inn
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkey Sandwich - smoked turkey breast, muenster cheese, lettuce and chipotle mayonnaise on a whole wheat bagel, served with salad
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Apple Cobbler

I think besides the Chicken Strip baskets this is one of the best meals I had at a CS. It was big enough to share but no one wanted to.

Thank you, thank you, for posting in this format. I find myself wondering half the time what location some are talking about. I know they probably mentioned it somewhere in this thread, but it gets confusing as the thread gets longer and longer. :thumbsup2

We'll be doing the free DDP in September for the first time, so I am really glad to see this thread. My non DDP counter service favorites are:

Pecos Bill's - great burgers
The Mara- enjoyed everything we've had from here
Casey's- great hot dogs
Flame Tree BBQ- great pulled pork sandwich
Kusafari Bakery (In Tusker House)- excellent pastries- cinnamon bun & cherry danish were wonderful, best we've had on property

NAME of RESTAURANT: Flame Tree BBQ
MEAL INCLUDED: Pulled beef BBQ sandwich on a flaky bun, corn on the cob, baked beans. My kids shared a BBQ ribs plate with corn on the cob and baked pleans - plenty and very good!

welovedis said:
Just an FYI if you want to subscribe to a thread, you can use the THREAD TOOLS drop down and just subscribe that way.

HTH!

But if we subscribe that way it won't up our post counts :rotfl2:

Pecos Bill in MK is great for standard burger/fries. They have a great "fixins bar" that has cheese sauce for your fries and mushrooms for your burgers :thumbsup2 Healthy, I know.

For more variety, the Pepper Market in CSR is great. They have everything from sandwiches to Mexican fare; more like a food court than a restaurant. We ate here and I had a great quesadilla and a muffin I believe....

And of course Cantina de San Angel just for the churros... :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter