The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread

NAME of RESTAURANT: Liberty Inn
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkey Sandwich - smoked turkey breast, muenster cheese, lettuce and chipotle mayonnaise on a whole wheat bagel, served with salad
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Apple Cobbler

I think besides the Chicken Strip baskets this is one of the best meals I had at a CS. It was big enough to share but no one wanted to.

We used the meal vouchers in 2004 and 2005 in this CS for the chicken and ribs meal. DH, DD12, DD3, and I shared 2 of these meals and were stuffed to the gills. We weren't even able to finish it all. I think we'd had a large breakfast that day also. We also ate at the newer mediteranian place in MGM, and the food was quite good. DD3 and I shared a kid's chicken gyro thing. It was very tasty and filling. I hope I can find this thread again in Sept, when we getting ready for free dining! I am sure that we will eat like royalty. I am hoping to only order 2 CS lunches each day for DH, DD3 and I, and use the leftover CS credit for DD and I to share breakfast the next day (Guess we'll pay OOP for DH's breakfast, but we also have DDE from last year).

NAME of RESTAURANT: Cosmic Rays
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken and Ribs, mashed potatoes, and veggie (corn)
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Carrot cake

This is one of the best CS we have found. And the food is very good-with exception of the carrot cake-just so-so. My mom, myself, and my DD6 share this one meal. The first time we had it was Jan. 05 (Paid for plan) second time Sept. 05 (Free Plan) and next time Sept. 06 (FREE plan). The last time we were in line there was a newlywed couple in front of us ordering their meals. 1 ordered ribs, the other had chicken. They were on the Dining Plan. I so wanted to tell them to order the combo instead but I didn't want to annoy the CM.

Mom, DD, and myself frequently share the CS (and TS) meals. Usually 2 meals for the 3 of us. My DD is a small, but not picky eater. She's six, 43", and 41 lbs. The first time we did this plan my mom was worried she would gain weight we ate so much, but when she weighed herself when we got home, not an ounce was added-it's all that walking to our ADRs (lol). So here we go again, dining around the world (for free again!) :goodvibes

gigi1313 said:
NAME of RESTAURANT: POFQ Food Court
MEAL INCLUDED: Large Pizza to go and two side salads and two bottles of powerade
FOR DESSERT I HAD... two orders of beignets
and it only "cost" two CS credits yet it fed our entire family of four w/some leftover (love those free fridges! LOL!)

Good to know! Great idea for saving CS credits! :yay:

I'll be curious to see how we do on the DP in two weeks. My brother and I can eat a ton, but we may be able to share with our sisters if they don't eat much.

lady_hlh said:
NAME of RESTAURANT:Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Half a Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie
FOR DESSERT I HAD... carrot cake and my husband had chocolate cake

This was the largest and the yummiest CS meal that we had on the free dining plan last year. Two people could have shared just one meal so I think this year we'll offer to give someone in line one of our desserts.

Cosmic Rays in MK also had good sized meal portions with smaller desserts and the food choices were decent.

We liked Tusker House too. I had salmon with green beans and rice, a big iced tea and chocolate cake. It was very good CS.

We also enjoyed the Boulangerie in France at Epcot - DS and I got quiche and a yummy pastry, and DH got a sandwich and pastry. It was very good food, and we enjoyed sitting outside at the little cafe tables so much that we went back a second time.

Since I have not used the dining plan yet I cannot confirm that this would work but I think it might.

We have always enjoyed the Lotus Blossom as the food is good, inexpensive and it is a nice cool, relaxing place to eat.

I would get one of the rice bowls, the mango frozen drink and the bag of wontons for a CS meal. The wontons are so huge that they would feed a family of four and would make a nice snack while watching one of the F&W concerts IMO.

Slightly Goofy

RESTAURANT: Tusker House
MEAL INCLUDED: Turkery wrap (huge) and a bowl of corn chowder
DESSERT: Chocolate cake that was incredible

I love the tusker house, I know many like FT BBQ but I didn't think there were enough healthy choices. The Salmon, rice and green been entree at Tusker House is better then most TS meals I have had. Great to get on AK EMH. The turkey wrap and chowder hit the spot around 11am one morning when we skipped breakfast and it started to rain. YUMMY!!!

I highly recommend you head there between 11am and 12pm or 3pm to 4pm - it gets really busy from 12-3pm

Best ones we've encountered were:

Colombia Harbour House (MK) (excellent food and the apple pie was awesome!)
Tusker House (AK) (umm...two words...carrot cake :) )
Gasperilla's (GF) they had this southwest chicken sandwich that was awesome! I would go there just for that, lol
Peco's Bill's (best burgers!)

BTW, I love this thread, getting some good ideas!!

tndisneyfan said:
NAME of RESTAURANT: Flame Tree BBQ
MEAL INCLUDED: 1/2 slab of BBQ ribs, baked beans, corn
FOR DESSERT I HAD: chocolate cake

To me the ribs were sit down restuarant quality and the portions were generous.

Oh boy, I'm there!! :banana:

We will be doing the DDP and part of family is vegetarian(will eat fish). Would love recommendations for CS meals to fit this requirement.

Thanks

lsg1 said:
We will be doing the DDP and part of family is vegetarian(will eat fish). Would love recommendations for CS meals to fit this requirement.

Thanks
Columbia harbour house has some fish (fried, tuna and I think clam chowder) plus a hummous sandwich.

Kids choices are just mac n cheese or chilled chicked (cold grilled chicken)

The only dessert choice they have is a packaged chocolate cake that, while good, is nothing special and rather heavy for the middle of the day. No way could the 4 of us eat 3 of them!

I was worried about actually using our CS credits, but this is promising! Looks like no real restrictions , wonder if need concierge for snacks now?!

Columbia Harbor House also has a great vegetarian chili, served in a bread bowl.

Cosmic Ray's has a FABULOUS veggie burger - huuuge - with a toppings bar (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, etc) on the side.

Actually, most places have a good veggie burger. We lived on them, our first trip.

Tusker House is wonderful and I also second the motion for Tangerine Cafe.

We have eaten there twice and love it. Huge portions of very tasty food. I think it would have ended up being $35 or so for DW and myself to eat their in January.

We will most definitely be returning in September.

Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot. Right in with Soaring. Lots of choices and the desersts are table service quality. A huge selection. by far the best counter service. Tried Cosmic Rays and the chicken and ribs and mashed pototoes was a meal large enough to to split with my 11 year old son. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter