~ The Man Report ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Imminent Shutdown ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montana Disney Fan

<font color=blue>GAT-Master Extraordinaire<br><fon
Installment Hot Links (for those not interested in the witty banter between trip reports):

Chapters in Blue, Pictures in Red, Arcs in Green & Wife's Version in Orange

#1 - Intro & Meat Diet (below)
#2 - Duck Butter & Amish Cheese
#P - Picture Time #1 - Cypress Point
#3 - Drug Dogs & The Fry Daddy
#P - Picture Time #2 - Epcot & Fulton's Crab House
#P - Picture Time #3 - MK
#4 - Early Morning Cocktails & Nikki Sixx
#P - Picture Time #4 - Cpt Jacks & Epcot
A1 - Arc #1 – Doubting Thomas’s
#P - Picture Time #5 - OKW
#5 - ”Mole” People & The White Rabbit
#6 - Mickey Toilet Paper & Legionnaires Disease
#P - Picture Time #6 - AK
#7 - Virgin Duck Liver & Meal Sweat
#8 - Audible Grunts & the Crowd Clearing Device
#9 - Drunkfest Palooza & Ninja Posting
#10 - Serenity Now & the BBQ Chicken Fetus
A2 - Arc #2 – Mod "Crack Down" :sad2:
#W1 -LtP Version - WS
#11 - Furry Critters & the Neanderthal Fetish
#12 - People Creeps & Bug Carnage
#13 - Crustacean Platter & Loose Stool
#W2 -LtP Version - Premenstrual Ramblings
#14 - Fun with Bricks & Disney’s New Alcohol Policy
#15 - Spilt Whiskey & Secret Carb Feast
#16 - Beautiful Dreams & Cast Member Bribes
#17 - Urgent Matters & Nutty Limericks
#18 - Pandelerium & Death Defying Spin-age
#W3 -LtP Version - Even More Premenstrual Ramblings
#19 - Bruised Achilles & Groin Shots
A3 - Arc #3 – DIS Meet - Oct 2008
#19.1.a - SM Maintenance & Body Parts Disposal Crew
#W4 -Irrelevant Ramblings of a Madwoman.
A4 - Arc #4 – Additional Mod "Crack Down" :sad2:
#19.1.b - Hammering Zurgs & Duct Taped Lasers
#19.1.c - Lost Children & the Nancy Grace Inquisition
A4 - Arc #4 – Intermission & Soundtrack, Part 1
A5 - Arc #5 – blue river video, part 1 :sad2:
#19.1.d - Lack-O-Booze & Garlic Fumes
#19.1.e - Cranky Face & the Two-Pronged Approach
#19.1.f - Metal Head & ! Nazgul !
#19.1.g - Mermaid Chick & the Puke Cleaner
#W5 -More Bologna
#19.1.h - Bronze Heads & Gumby
A5 - Arc #6 – Imminent Shutdown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise to have less than 20 segments to this trippy. I will not drag this out for months and months. You have my word. ;)

Intro & Meat Diet

Cast (It’s mandatory - DIS Trip Report 101)

Me - Buzz - Aka: The Man (or Beefcake if you prefer ladies) - 40 year old obsessive/compulsive with a knack for "planning". Secret Passion: Tomorrowland Transit Authority Unusual Item Packed: Fry Daddy

DW- Lin - Aka: Linnie The Pooh (or LtP, Pooh or Pooh-head if you like) - 39 year old clueless woman who's lucky she found me for direction and guidance. Secret Passion: David Cassidy Unusual Item Packed: "Rubby"

DS - Trey - Aka: Moan Boy - 8 year old, mildly handicapped & hyperactive. Secret Passion: Voyage of the Little Mermaid Unusual Item Packed: Schwan’s Food Catalog

DD - LeeAndra - Aka: Loud Girl - 5 year old, obnoxiously loud, and demanding like a teenager (sometimes we call her DeeMandra). Secret Passion: Mickey Head Mac & Cheese Unusual Item Packed: Soccer Cleats

Support Crew

blue_river – Heidi – Canuck – blue will be providing me with technical support. Since I’m a man and not supposed to know the inner-workings of posting links and so forth I will be provided support by this very “knowledgeable Canadian”. ::yes::

Stitch – This extraterrestrial maniac has decided to go “back” to WDW after the wonderful time he had with blue’s family.

Skippy – Stitch has decided to take along a “drinking” buddy. Hope they’re not a bad influence on me. :rolleyes:

Boring Trip Facts (again, mandatory):

-12 Night Annual Adventure to Walt Disney World (Oct 7-19). Our longest trip ever!
-United Airlines - used Frequent Flyer Miles for Tickets - We’re all the way back in steerage.
-5 nights Off-Site - Cypress Point (2-bdroom) - Probably a shack like the rest of the NON-Disney resorts.
-7 nights at OKW (2-bdroom) DVC Points - Yes! Our favorite WDW spot. Always fun to “heckle” golfers from the safety of my 3rd floor balcony.
-National Rental Car - Loud Girl Picks the car. Hopefully not the two-door Oldsmo-Buick again.
-Began Planning for trip on Nov 7th, 2006 - I seriously need help. No really... call someone!

More Nonsense:

-Will be reporting "LIVE" from WDW Oct 7-19
-LtP will be "chiming" in
-LtP & I will have two nights out alone w/o kids! Hopefully we won’t lose the car this year. :headache:
-Been dieting since 4th of July. Gained 4 pounds. My most successful diet yet! ::yes::
-Clipped toenails this morning. Got in trouble for leaving the clippings on the kitchen counter. :sad2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, now that I’ve got all the boilerplate out of the way, I can tell you what’s going on. Absolutely nothing. Sorry.

It’s the same as every October for us. Yank the kids out of school for two weeks, travel across the country by cattle truck (some call them airplanes) and madly throw money around like we’ve actually got some. It’s basically a “wash, rinse and repeat” of last year. Those who’ve read my previous reports won’t find much new in this one. If you decide to skip it this year, I’ll understand.

Like typical Americans, we’re more a swarm of locust than a family on vacation. Vast wastelands are left in our paths as we consume our way around the World. I’ve often felt a little guilty about our indulgences… ok, not really. But I should!

We’re really a boring lot no different than anyone else. We enjoy prancing around the Epcot Fountain, chasing squirrels, and drinking vast quantities of delicious imported lager. Ok, this is what I like to do. The rest of the clan usually just follows my lead.

I won’t drag out this first installment but I have to mention one more item before closing. I’ve been dieting. Ok, ok. We’ve been dieting. Pooh & I. It’s my own unique combination of the Atkins, Low-Carb, & Protein Power diets. I call it the “Meat Diet”.

Basically I walk around all day gobbling down any type of former animal I can get my hands on.

The only problem with these types of diets is thinking you know what does or does not have carbohydrates. I use the KISS method (not Gene Simmons, but Keep It Simple Stupid) for determining carb counts. When all you eat is meat there’s no need to count.

This morning for breakfast I was walking around the office delicately nibbling on a leftover T-Bone. When they’re cold, you don’t even need a knife or fork but can eat it like piece of chicken. Real handy. ::yes::

I don’t like the feel of meat in my hands though so I wear a yellow dishwashing glove. I also enjoy chomping & smacking my morning steak (yes, I “slurp” my coffee also) while talking to the ladies in accounting. When finished, I pick my teeth with a paperclip. :smokin:

Anyway, I HAVE lost weight. Since the 4th of July, I’ve lost about 20 pounds and feel a lot better. Hopefully, I will be able to continue my self-restraint through vacation. Any bets?

WDW%20Epcot%202006.jpg

That’s me on the right. :teacher:

IMGP1581.jpg

Stitch & Skippy after a hard night of partying.

…oh… and one more thing. This guy ---> :banana: <--- rules!!!! …and is definitely NOT banned on this trippie (Mel :rolleyes: )

Next Up: Vacation Cancelled due to Moldy Pancake Batter

Love the KISS diet will have to adopt in our household...you are a fine looking bunch.

Cannot wait to read live reports....

Buzz, SHUSH up about my rubby!!! I think everyone thinks I'm fairly normal on these boards. Now you've gone and ruined it!

Beefcake!! :lmao: I am lucky I found you-you crack me up! Prancing around Epcot fountains! Sheesh.

I've been dieting along with Buzz, but actually and this is the truth-I've gained 6 pounds. My clothes fit better and I don't have the saddle bags I had above my butt last year so go figure. I am easing my way back into running again and am doing it on my treadmill at home. I used to run about 10 years ago but gave it up due to a knee injury. I must be nuts. Now at nearly 40, my sciatic hurts, my heel hurts, both knees are giving out on me, but I MUST run!

Wohoo! Another Man report.. Looking forward to it!:thumbsup2
They're always enjoyable (probably more for us than for Linny:rolleyes1

Nice to see that you guys started your report here, and not on someone else's Pre Trippie:rolleyes1

Poor Linnie. Here have lots of
margarita.jpg
before your trip, I think you are going to need them:eek: If you really have to, just
Squash.gif
when Buzz gets out of hand:lmao:

Can't wait for this ride to start:thumbsup2

Janet

~ The Man Report ~ F-07 ~ Intro & Meat Diet ~

What does F-07 stand for??

MDF said:
Installment Hot Links (for those not interested in the witty banter between trip reports):

I won't be needing those, I love the banter :upsidedow

MDF said:
Unusual Item Packed: "Rubby"

An explanation here please .... or do we really want to know :laughing:

MDF said:
Support Crew

blue_river – Heidi – Canuck – blue will be providing me with technical support. Since I’m a man and not supposed to know the inner-workings of posting links and so forth I will be provided support by this very “knowledgeable Canadian”. ::yes::

HEY! That's ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm expecting payment for my services :teeth:

MDF said:
Stitch – This extraterrestrial maniac has decided to go “back” to WDW after the wonderful time he had with blue’s family.

Try and keep him safe will ya? :rolleyes:

MDF said:
-5 nights Off-Site - Cypress Point (2-bdroom) - Probably a shack like the rest of the NON-Disney resorts.

Ya right...We've seen pics of these so-called shacks :3dglasses

MDF said:
…oh… and one more thing. This guy ---> :banana: <--- rules!!!! …and is definitely NOT banned on this trippie (Mel :rolleyes: )

:banana: :banana: :banana:

YAHOOTY!!!

As usual, I'm looking forward to reading this - and live - even better :yay:

Maybe I should join a support group for women like me married to men like Buzz...Hmmm, now I need to think of a name for it. Except I'd be the only member...

To tell the truth I'm feeling a little feisty these days. I think I'm gearing up for our 2 nights out in WDW where nobody knows me and I go beserk. :upsidedow

Ok, the rubby thing. I'll give a little background info. When I was little my grandma made me a quilt and I loved it so much. It just felt so soft and nice and cold. Yep, cold-I loved my blankie when it was cold. So I named it "Cold Blankie." See what a creative kid I was? I carried it everywhere-just like Linus. We left it in a hotel and my parents had to turn around and drive 40 miles to go back and get it-I was so upset.

Well, eventually Cold Blankie wore out-literally. Grandma made me another one and eventually that wore out too. And eventually so did Grandma. :sad1:

So I had no more Cold Blankies. I had to make do so I substituted pillow cases. They felt a lot like Cold Blankie. Why does Buzz call it my Rubby? Because at night I rub it before I go to sleep. (and once in awhile during the day). I just like the way it feels. I'm a very, very kinesthetic person and am into fabrics and the way they feel. They're are certain clothes I won't wear like stiff t-shirts and others that I love. (fleece)

What I do, see, is I stole all my mom's pillowcases that she's had since we were kids and they're so old that they're nice and soft. I sleep on them until they start to wear out. Once they start getting holes in them, I make them my new rubby. I think I'm good for another 20 years with the stash I've collected so far.

And I still have pieces of the 2nd cold blankie as a keepsake from something my grandma made me that I literally loved to pieces. :love: It's in my basement in a box. Maybe I'll get it framed some day.

I hope you all still talk to me after reading this...Now that you know...:dance3:

Maybe I should join a support group for women like me married to men like Buzz...Hmmm, now I need to think of a name for it. Except I'd be the only member...

To tell the truth I'm feeling a little feisty these days. I think I'm gearing up for our 2 nights out in WDW where nobody knows me and I go beserk. :upsidedow

Ok, the rubby thing. I'll give a little background info. When I was little my grandma made me a quilt and I loved it so much. It just felt so soft and nice and cold. Yep, cold-I loved my blankie when it was cold. So I named it "Cold Blankie." See what a creative kid I was? I carried it everywhere-just like Linus. We left it in a hotel and my parents had to turn around and drive 40 miles to go back and get it-I was so upset.

Well, eventually Cold Blankie wore out-literally. Grandma made me another one and eventually that wore out too. And eventually so did Grandma. :sad1:

So I had no more Cold Blankies. I had to make do so I substituted pillow cases. They felt a lot like Cold Blankie. Why does Buzz call it my Rubby? Because at night I rub it before I go to sleep. (and once in awhile during the day). I just like the way it feels. I'm a very, very kinesthetic person and am into fabrics and the way they feel. They're are certain clothes I won't wear like stiff t-shirts and others that I love. (fleece)

What I do, see, is I stole all my mom's pillowcases that she's had since we were kids and they're so old that they're nice and soft. I sleep on them until they start to wear out. Once they start getting holes in them, I make them my new rubby. I think I'm good for another 20 years with the stash I've collected so far.

And I still have pieces of the 2nd cold blankie as a keepsake from something my grandma made me that I literally loved to pieces. :love: It's in my basement in a box. Maybe I'll get it framed some day.

I hope you all still talk to me after reading this...Now that you know...:dance3:

Uff Da!! :sad2:

I don't think that is weird at all. I still have my teddy from when I was a kid.

Aw, that's sweet! I still have my Curious Georges from when I was a kid. I had 3 of them.

I kept my rubby secret from Buzz for a few years. Then he caught me rubbing my holey old pillowcase one time. He said something like, "What in the @#%# are you doing????" Once I told him, he thought it was bizarre, but immediately started calling my pillowcase the rubby.

I brought it with us on vacation once. I wanted to bring my pillows, but couldn't fit them in the suitcase. I love my pillows when they're cold too and hate to sleep on any other pillow-especially hotel pillows. We were going to Hawaii and I knew I'd need my "fix" so I put my rubby in my pocket and whipped it out on the plane and started running it through my fingers the way I do. Buzz about lost it. :lmao:

I'd join it with you just to be a supportive friend ;)

Linnie said:

Once again...speechless...except this time by you :laughing:

Of course we'll still talk to you. We might think you're a bit looney tunes...but we'll still talk to ya :rolleyes1

You know I'm just kidding :goodvibes

Okay I have seen you both around the trip report boards so I thought I would read along.:goodvibes

I don't think rubby is starnge at all.When I was little I had a feather pillow I carried around that my grandma made me.I loved it when it was cold too.Well it was lost when I was about 10 yrs old.My DH has a pillow just like it and he wakes sometimes with my hand in his pillow case holding the edge of his pillow...freaked him out in the beginning.:rotfl2:

I'm here. Wish I was on last night as I hate to be a page 2 person. I like to be #1. But I didn't even read it yet, so back I go ... this better be good. :)

All caught up. Not that there's so much to catch up on, but that's good for me. I am really looking forward to the Live Report. I think we will all be having fun here.

Lin (or should I just go with Pooh-Head as Lin is not on the list of names for you) ~ You sound like my brother with the "rubby". He has an old pillow with pillowcase that looks like he pulled it out of the dump actually. But he says it's the most comfortable one he has ever had and he needs it. He has packed it and brought it on vacations.

I kept trying to think if I had anything from childhood that gave that warm fuzzy feeling, but my mom got rid of my stuffed Snoopy that I used to suck the nose on. Yes, I sucked the nose off snoopy. His black nose faded to white. I miss that Snoopy. He wasn't all fuzzy; he was made of some heavy linen sort and was nice and cold! So, hold on to your rubby ...

Okay, let's get this party started ... :banana:

UM....I just realized something :scratchin

If you write your report "live" you'll be finished before me and I'll lose the bet :worried:

You should just post a few installments while away, ya don't want to spend all your time DISing now do ya? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter