The Holidays Are Upon Us: Single Parent Traditions?

On Christmas Eve day, my kids and I make up treat plates. We then visit the fire station, police station, ambulance station and the hospital. We deliver the treats to those who are keeping us safe on Christmas Eve and can't be home with their family. The kids sign a Christmas card thanking these people.
The response has been great. The kids were given a tour of the fire house and the police station. The police somehow got our address and sent a thank you card.
Some years we do sweet treats, some years a cheese tray

On Christmas Eve day, my kids and I make up treat plates. We then visit the fire station, police station, ambulance station and the hospital. We deliver the treats to those who are keeping us safe on Christmas Eve and can't be home with their family. The kids sign a Christmas card thanking these people.
The response has been great. The kids were given a tour of the fire house and the police station. The police somehow got our address and sent a thank you card.
Some years we do sweet treats, some years a cheese tray

I LOVE this idea! I think I'll buy the treats though. DS and I just made another batch of Christmas cookies. They are the ugliest things, but they taste great! I'll have to post pics of them later. Baking is not my strong quality. Lol

I LOVE this idea! I think I'll buy the treats though. DS and I just made another batch of Christmas cookies. They are the ugliest things, but they taste great! I'll have to post pics of them later. Baking is not my strong quality. Lol
I bought them the last time too. This year I'll buy a cheese ball and crackers

DS and I put on our PJs and robes and drove through the Festival of Lights tonight. It makes my heart glad to hear him "Ooooh!!!" Whenever he sees Christmas lights. I'm really enjoying these memories we're creating this holiday season. Christmas through the eyes of my 18 month old is such a blessing to me.

He fell asleep on the way home. Now, I'm watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. :)

Jennasmommy, I'd love the cheese ball recipe. :)

Okay, here's the recipe:

Cheese Ball

Grate 2 pounds of sharp cheddar cheese (don't use pre-grated stuff)

Mix together:

1 1/2 pounds pre-made pimento cheese (Mrs. Weavers is the pre-made brand that we use around here)
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 tablespoon (or to taste) red pepper
6 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered onion
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (estimated)

Add all ingredients together except pecans and mix with hands (I use my stand mixer for this, but a hand mixer would also work). Set in refrigerator all afternoon or all night. Form balls with hands and roll into balls. Roll each ball in the pecans until outside is coated. Makes 3 very large balls (softball) or 6 small balls (baseball). These freeze well--to freeze, wrap each ball with plastic wrap and put into a zipper bag. Serve with crackers--Ritz, Townhouse, etc.

These cheese balls can be so addictive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter