The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are hoping to go in mid-late Jan 09. Can anyone make any recommendations for buildings. My kids will be five and six at the time. We need a quieter area. Will the pool be open (and comfortable) during this time? What would be a good place for us? I considered the 90's area but it seems very few people like it there. Is that a misperception? Thanks for the help.

We are hoping to go in mid-late Jan 09. Can anyone make any recommendations for buildings. My kids will be five and six at the time. We need a quieter area. Will the pool be open (and comfortable) during this time? What would be a good place for us? I considered the 90's area but it seems very few people like it there. Is that a misperception? Thanks for the help.

If its any help to you, we stayed in the 70s section, building 6, 4th floor, lake view. Quite, pretty, no one walking overhead and rarely heard the turbo toilets. Also, not a far walk to the food court or busses. You can go to either the bowling pin pool or the hippy dippy. A very nice location. As far as the pools go, can't help you there.

I also would recommend a lakeview. It would be quiet and still have a lovely view. I'm sure the 90's would be quiet but probably not a lot going for it other than that! My guess would be in January it would be too cold for swimming but its hard to say. Florida weather is so hard to predict in the winter because it could be in the 20's or 80's! I lived there for the first 20 years of my life.

My daughter also went on a Make-A-Wish trip to WDW and we stayed at Give Kids the World too. Its a wonderful, magical place isn't it! Your children are so beautiful! Best of luck with your son's health. :hug:

50s section with a lake view would be quiet. As for swimming in January, I probaly would but then again I am from a northern climate. If the water temperature is in the 70s, 'd be in the pool.

We just got back from 6 nights at the POP and we LOVED it! The only thing , we did not like was that we could not smoke except in designated areas, but that one little drawback didn't really bother us at all, becuase we met some very nice people while trekking to the nearest ashtray! :goodvibes :lmao:

We dont usually stay at the value resorts, except one time we spent a night at All-Star, but of all of them POP actually looks like a nice place to stay, doesn't seem that bad for a value. I have visited once and I think the value resorts are great to visit to see all the setups and all the giant stuff, VERY Disney and fun, but never particularly liked to stay there because it reminds me of like an airport the lobby and overall setup of the property. Plus its more geared to those with little kids I'd say. Just doesnt offer the same feel that I like about the mods and deluxes.

But for days/nights we dont plan on being at the resort and for extending a vacation, its a great way to save some money to put towards other things and still be on the grounds in a decent room, maybe we'll try it in a couple weeks. We'll def drive over and check it out again either way.

We just got back from 6 nights at the POP and we LOVED it! The only thing , we did not like was that we could not smoke except in designated areas, but that one little drawback didn't really bother us at all, becuase we met some very nice people while trekking to the nearest ashtray! :goodvibes :lmao:

I'm not a smoker, but there's very nice smoking areas along the path by the lake. Actually, they have really nice views, and are in shade, and the smoke dissipates so its not hanging over you.

If its any help to you, we stayed in the 70s section, building 6, 4th floor, lake view. Quite, pretty, no one walking overhead and rarely heard the turbo toilets. Also, not a far walk to the food court or busses. You can go to either the bowling pin pool or the hippy dippy. A very nice location. As far as the pools go, can't help you there.

Thanks. I'll take a look. Did the mosquitos bother you more by the lake then in other parts of the resort?

I also would recommend a lakeview. It would be quiet and still have a lovely view. I'm sure the 90's would be quiet but probably not a lot going for it other than that! My guess would be in January it would be too cold for swimming but its hard to say. Florida weather is so hard to predict in the winter because it could be in the 20's or 80's! I lived there for the first 20 years of my life.

My daughter also went on a Make-A-Wish trip to WDW and we stayed at Give Kids the World too. Its a wonderful, magical place isn't it! Your children are so beautiful! Best of luck with your son's health. :hug:

Thanks. Other than the pools, what else is there to do at the different buildings?

I hope all is well with your daughter now. GKTW is an amazing place. Thank you for the compliments and the luck. We can definetly use some.

50s section with a lake view would be quiet. As for swimming in January, I probaly would but then again I am from a northern climate. If the water temperature is in the 70s, 'd be in the pool.

Thanks. We live in Chicago but don't swim much. Its hard to say whether we would with the pool at 70 degrees.

we'll be at the Pop in 4 weeks - have stayed there before, really like it - especially being able to walk along the lake on the path early in the morning or later at night - so cool!

We are thinking of trying POP for our 08 trip can you rent a micro??? Thanks!!

You can't rent a microwave at Pop.They had a microwave at the resort food court when we were there in August 2007. And I did see people heat things up in it that they had brought with them to the food court.

Other than the pools, what else is there to do at the different buildings?

I hope all is well with your daughter now. GKTW is an amazing place. Thank you for the compliments and the luck. We can definetly use some.

The only other differences with the buildings besides the pools are the theming. I just think you can get a quiet location that's still quite close to the main building.

My daughter had a heart transplant when she was 6 weeks old and she's 18 now! Doing quite well but we have our ups and downs with her health regularly so we never feel like we're out of the woods.

Hope your next trip to the world is as MAGICAL as your last!!! :cutie:

We were in the 90's back corner. Not much of a view, but very quiet :thumbsup2 . Not too bad of a walk either if you cut through the parking lot. We loved it and plan to go back!

I can't wait...we'll be there in a little over a month,!! seems like I've been planning this trip forever.:cutie:

Oh My Gosh, I Am Soooo Excited. We Are Headed For The Pop In Just 20 Hours And 26 Minutes. Our Things Are Packed And Sitting By The Door.

hey did you notice the last 3 poster on this thread are Buckeyes!!!!

Have fun Planningcrqazymom... wish I were there too.:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter