The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

MDE is now showing a pop-up apologizing for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-073403.png
    Screenshot_20211217-073403.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 51
Staying on-site, what do you do first - Slinky Dog G+ or Rise of the Resistance ILL$?
They both go quick, do you have someone that can help from a second phone?

If not, do you think you can get there super early when they start letting ETPE in? Usually an hour before? I'd grab the pass to the most important one, then rope drop the other.

Alternatively, I've seen SDD available again after about 10 minutes due to incomplete orders being readded to the queue. So at 10 after, start refreshing for a few minutes to see if anything comes up

Clarifying:

Scenario:
- I have a park reservation for EP and am in Epcot at 10AM
- will be hopping to MK at 2:00
- LL return time for an attraction in the MK is currently showing on MDE as 11AM
- if I try to book a LL reservation for the attraction that I’m hopping to at 2PM, when I select it will it:
a) tell me I cannot book it as the return time is earlier than 2PM when I’m allowed to hop? Or
b) show me a time I can book that attraction that is 2PM or later or
C) something else?
Those that have answered you are right, so C is the answer. If the return time is before 2pm, it will automatically change it to 2 pm, it will not let you pick any other time, either earlier or later (unless people are booking it so fast that it pushes you past 2pm, but you won't be able to choose that time, that would happen automatically too). If the ride you want is already booking for after 2pm, say 4pm, then you will just book for 4pm.

This means if there are 2 rides you want to book in the park you are hopping to, and you do it before the shown times are before 2pm, then both rides will be booked with a 2pm - 3pm window. As an example I overlapped Peter Pan and Pooh in MK from 2 - 3 when I was in AK. This also has implications if you want a specific ride in a park you are hopping to at a particular time. I was in MK and wanted to ride Soarin in EPCOT at 6pm. I had to keep checking the current return time and time it where I could pick Soarin at 6pm. Was a bit of a pain.

Last edited:
NO ILLs this AM, from what I’ve been seeing on Facebook groups and when I was in the app myself looking at plans (although I’m not going today). Did anyone else have that experience?4A526900-7A02-493D-922C-2FC9C50FCBFF.png

Edit- just saw a post above about this. So sorry.

They're popping up now but not letting me go through buying process

I see that too! The pop up now, but still have the error message on the app. But since they are showing times and purchase amounts, it must be in the process of being fixed(?). Hopefully! Disney IT is a disaster right now.

They seemed to be up for a bit then looked to be sold out. Then they came back. We just got Rise for 10:10. Not sure if any are still available.

I only was able to do this because I was still looking after they supposedly sold out.

Super annoying morning here but at least we were able to give Mickey our money.

I’m glad I’m only trying to get Genie + ones! I’d be so annoyed otherwise

They seemed to be up for a bit then looked to be sold out. Then they came back. We just got Rise for 10:10. Not sure if any are still available.

I only was able to do this because I was still looking after they supposedly sold out.

Super annoying morning here but at least we were able to give Mickey our money.
Happy for you! Was able to grab MMRR but no ROR unfortunately.

Happy for you! Was able to grab MMRR but no ROR unfortunately.
I’m not there, but looking through all four parks, it seems the more in-demand rides (FoP, SDMT, RotR) are not available, while the other ILL$ are still available for purchase. I certainly hope this is an anomaly and not going to become the norm. I’d have to seriously reconsider my on-site stay in Feb (or even my stay in general).
Edit: It is 8:30am there, so anything that did temporarily open could be gone, so there’s also that…

We are going for 10 nights in early December. Our strategy is to not buy genie+ for the first 4 days (each park) and see how wait times are and how many of our "must do" attractions we were able to experience. We would then consider buying Genie+ on our second go round through the parks if there are "must do's" that we were not able to do on the first park visit. That is just our plan and I hope it works out for us.
We just got back, only had 6 days so we ended up buying genie+ and found it more helpful than we anticipated. We actually talked about a longer trip in May and whether or not we would try what you are describing. So I'm asking you what you ended up doing and how it worked out for you? thanks

How can they drop that on us just one day in advance? After many of us had already carefully planned our itineraries (as best we could with this new BS system). Outrageous.

Staying on-site, what do you do first - Slinky Dog G+ or Rise of the Resistance ILL$?
We chose Rise and tried to get Slinky, we rope dropped Slinky if we didn't get it and took Smugglers instead. That way you set yourself up riding Slinky before park open and then can get on one or two other rides before lines get long. The remaining G+ rides it seems like you can get a bit easier as the day goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter