"The first lady is coming to town"

Goofygirl17

DIS Veteran
We're sitting behind 2 police cars stopped on the road to MK and Epcot. The officer said its because the first lady is coming to town. Just saw a long line of flashing lights ahead. Hope she's going to MK because we're going to Epcot.

Nightmare scenario. We flew into MIA back in March with our then 2yo on his first plane trip. We were delayed in NJ so our supposed arrival time was pushed back to 9pm (DS' bed time is typically 8). We finally land and get to baggage and after 5 bags come out, it stops and the portal to outside is slammed shut on every carousel in the place. Initially we were told it was due to a VIP landing at the airport, but after 90 minutes the natives started getting restless and they had to tell us it was in fact POTUS. End result? Not getting my bags until 11:25pm. That was just a Miami trip, can't imagine if this happened on a WDW trip. Good luck, hope she's going anywhere you are not.

She's speaking at a conference for school counselors. Along with Stedman Graham, lol.

She attended the Heroes Work Here conference that I attended last November at Boardwalk, and Disney was incredibly efficient with her arrival, stay, and departure. She was only there for an hour or so, but it didn't cause too much disruption at either the Boardwalk or on the roads. I'm sure it will move efficiently and quickly. Nothing near what happens on a Run Disney race weekend! Eek!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter