The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Yes. In Oct i think. The PPH pool is being re-surfaced I believe and those guests will have access to pool hop.
I read the same thing I believe on the GCH thread. :confused: HOPING for you that it pertains to GCH, but I didn't read anything specific about timeframe about GCH.
ANYONE know?:confused3 I'm curious myself as we are tentatively planning a DL trip next year, May timeframe. TIA!:goodvibes

Going in December 2016: DLH 2 bedroom suite booked/5 in our group. Any tips on how to get the bed configuration that I want. Hoping for each bedroom to have 2 queen beds. When I called to put in a request for this configuration: she stated my party was too small. I can understand this, but how to I ensure my 80 yo Mom isn't on a Daybed or sofa sleeper?!?

Going in December 2016: DLH 2 bedroom suite booked/5 in our group. Any tips on how to get the bed configuration that I want. Hoping for each bedroom to have 2 queen beds. When I called to put in a request for this configuration: she stated my party was too small. I can understand this, but how to I ensure my 80 yo Mom isn't on a Daybed or sofa sleeper?!?
I've heard that you can get a rollaway bed in the suites. I would call the hotel again and explain the situation.

You could update your reservation, increase your party size to the maximum allowed for a 2 bedroom suite (there is no extra charge).

Wishing you lots of good luck on your "request". Just remember as they reminded me in August when we got our 3 bedroom suite..... and one of our beds was a fold out couch in the frontroom.... "Yes, they take requests....but a request is not a guarantee and they don't guarantee requests." My request was to have atleast 2 of our bedrooms to have 2 queens each. We wanted to have the front room as a front room....not a bedroom. We had a family group of 10 / 3 bedroom suite. Hope it all works out well for your group.

Wishing you lots of good luck on your "request". Just remember as they reminded me in August when we got our 3 bedroom suite..... and one of our beds was a fold out couch in the frontroom.... "Yes, they take requests....but a request is not a guarantee and they don't guarantee requests." My request was to have atleast 2 of our bedrooms to have 2 queens each. We wanted to have the front room as a front room....not a bedroom. We had a family group of 10 / 3 bedroom suite. Hope it all works out well for your group.
Yes, I totally understand your front room wanting to stay just that and not a "make-shift" bedroom. As you pointed out, I was told our request was no guarantee. I will stay hopeful and positive: how bad can it be: we are in DL for 9days!!!

I can understand this, but how to I ensure my 80 yo Mom isn't on a Daybed !?

What are the ages of your other travelers? Worst case you get two kings (which im not even sure they have) your mom could be in one room, the second room would sleep 2 at a minimum and then two easily on the pull out. You should have plenty of space, we usually have 9 in a queen/king set up (we get two roll always) and we are more than comfortable.

I just booked a 1 bedroom suite for next May, and then a 2 bedroom suite for next October. Had a less than magical experience with DL travel last night, so I called back tonight and booked. I am trying to request a king bed in the 1 bedroom suite, and for the 2 bedroom suite: one room with a king and one room with 2 queens. Any idea on my chances? One CM was very encouraging since it's so far out, but the other was very discouraging. UGH!

My reservation documents have these codes on them:
1 bedroom: DH/1F/1
2 bedroom: DH/2I/2

Any clue what configuration those refer to??

Separately, she did try to sell me the Big Thunder Suite for next October. Want to have your jaw drop at the price?? For 5 nights, it was $24,460. No that's not a typo! About $5000/night. But she did say "it's 1440 square feet and has 2 bedrooms like you are looking for". Um I'm not looking for anything at that price! She actually seemed disappointed at my response. Hope someone on here can stay there and tell us all about it!

Edited to add the numbers at the end of the "code"

Last edited:
I just booked a 1 bedroom suite for next May, and then a 2 bedroom suite for next October. Had a less than magical experience with DL travel last night, so I called back tonight and booked. I am trying to request a king bed in the 1 bedroom suite, and for the 2 bedroom suite: one room with a king and one room with 2 queens. Any idea on my chances? One CM was very encouraging since it's so far out, but the other was very discouraging. UGH!

My reservation documents have these codes on them:
1 bedroom: DH/1F
2 bedroom: DH/2I

Any clue what configuration those refer to??

Separately, she did try to sell me the Big Thunder Suite for next October. Want to have your jaw drop at the price?? For 5 nights, it was $24,460. No that's not a typo! About $5000/night. But she did say "it's 1440 square feet and has 2 bedrooms like you are looking for". Um I'm not looking for anything at that price! She actually seemed disappointed at my response. Hope someone on here can stay there and tell us all about it!

Mine says DH / S4/ 1

I think it means Disneyland Hotel / Standard Room for 4 guests/ 1 room.

That's me taking a guess though.

Mine says DH / S4/ 1

I think it means Disneyland Hotel / Standard Room for 4 guests/ 1 room.

That's me taking a guess though.

That makes sense. I am guessing the F and I refer to the suite configuration, and I am just wondering what that configuration is?? We had a 2 bedroom at GCH 2 years ago, and I requested the same configuration as this year (one king, one with 2 queens), and that reservation said CH/2H/2. I think DH stands for DLH and CH for GCH, but the "H", "I" and "F" are ?? Mystery.

My reservation statement has none of this information. Hope I have a room in December!?! It just states "room type-2 bedroom suite": how many times do I need to call and "re-confirm" my confirmations:)

My reservation statement has none of this information. Hope I have a room in December!?! It just states "room type-2 bedroom suite": how many times do I need to call and "re-confirm" my confirmations:)

Did you book directly with Disneyland Travel? Since I booked by phone, they sent me an email confirmation, with a document attached. Frighteningly, it doesn't say anywhere on it that I can see, "2 bedroom suite", just has these weird codes. So I hope we both have rooms!! When I booked online at WDW but booked it online, it just said "2 bedroom suite" on the confirmation that was sent from the online booking. Did you book via phone or online? Why can't they standardize this???

Did you book directly with Disneyland Travel? Since I booked by phone, they sent me an email confirmation, with a document attached. Frighteningly, it doesn't say anywhere on it that I can see, "2 bedroom suite", just has these weird codes. So I hope we both have rooms!! When I booked online at WDW but booked it online, it just said "2 bedroom suite" on the confirmation that was sent from the online booking. Did you book via phone or online? Why can't they standardize this???
We have stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at the DLH 8 times, our confirmation never has "2 bedroom suite" they have the code DH 2I / 2. We request 1 king and 2 queen beds, just a request but this is always the configuration we receive. We are a party of 6 adults. Hope this helps...

We have stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at the DLH 8 times, our confirmation never has "2 bedroom suite" they have the code DH 2I / 2. We request 1 king and 2 queen beds, just a request but this is always the configuration we receive. We are a party of 6 adults. Hope this helps...

Thank you for posting this! At least I feel like my 2 bedroom request got put in correctly!! Now I just need to figure out what 1F means, for our 1 bedroom stay request??!! Anyone have theirs, know what they requested and can share?

My parents and I booked two rooms for April 10-11. Standard rooms. We requested the Adventure tower. We'll go to the parks on the 11th-12th and we'll stay at another hotel on the 12th. What's cool is that my parents spent a day at Disneyland during their honeymoon, and we'll arrive on their 36th anniversary.

Separately, she did try to sell me the Big Thunder Suite for next October. Want to have your jaw drop at the price?? For 5 nights, it was $24,460. No that's not a typo! About $5000/night. But she did say "it's 1440 square feet and has 2 bedrooms like you are looking for". Um I'm not looking for anything at that price! She actually seemed disappointed at my response.

The fact that she tried to upsell you from a regular suite to a $5000/night suite is almost hilarious! Glad she seems to think travelers to DL have that kinda cash ready to throw around! :scared1:

I was actually laughing at the price and she seemed hurt by that. But I am not spending that kind of money ever on a hotel! But I thought it would be nice to confirm the booking price for this suite since the first posts only had prices for the smaller special suites. Crazy price, but I want pictures if someone on the DIS splurges on this suite!

I called today to have a day added to our October 2017 reservations at DLH, and I also wanted to add the 10% military discount that can be used on suites. Long hold to talk to someone (25 minutes) which I assume is die to discounts released for WDW resorts today (though they always say the reservations systems are "separate"??). Finally thought we had it all confirmed, but the email confirmation said "DH 1F/1" for our supposed 2 bedroom suite. This seemed to show a 1 bedroom suite and the price was of the 1 bedroom. Called back (Chat could not help me), another 25 minute hold. Yep, somehow in the adding of the day, we got put in a 1 bedroom. She was able to put us back in the 2 bedroom, but now the confirmation says "DH 2H/2". Our request was for 1 king bed in one room, 2 queens in the other, and our original confirmation (before adding the day) said "DH 2I/2". Is this the same room type? I am unwilling to call back a third time today with the wait times, but just wondering. For reference, I looked back at our GCH confirmation from two years ago, where we did a 2 bedroom suite and requested the same configuration. It said "CH 2H/2"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter