The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Ian put up the monorail and Castle to complete the tree this year. Here is the final product. And for those of you wanting an eye test, the 2nd pic is a little closer up. See if you can find all the Mickeys. I think there are 10 in that pic.

Sidesync_capture_20161204120057_1.jpgSidesync_capture_20161204121723_1.jpg

j

Do you get any sim or flight time in the 25 days or is it all book? All book would suck.

j

Total course is 22 days....about 2/3 of that has "classroom time, but several days in we start splitting the classroom days into classroom and IPT (instrument procedures trainer...a "dumbed down flight simulator made of a combo of touch screens and "real" cockpit controls in which we practice...as name implies...the procedures we follow for normal start up and operation of the aircraft and it's various systems). Also we practice programming of the FMS (flight management system) which is where we manage the flight planning as well as to a degree many of the other aspects of a flight, autopilot, and so on. The last bunch of days becomes mostly full motion flight simulator. I think 8 sessions in there including the practical test for my "type rating" (FAA license to fly that airplane). For those who don't know....once I finish flight simulator, I am qualified to go and fly that airplane for the first time "for real" without any further training or assistance...so realistic are the simulators. Anyway, fun but glad will be done before Christmas.

Love Bacon.
Hate Turkey Bacon.
Love Turkey Sausage though.
Love (even more) homemade Venison Sausage. :D

Made it to our destination until the New Year, Manatee Hammock. Boy is it hot and sunny. :)

Is it just me or is there anyone else who CAN NOT stand to watch the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" played on that awful blue playing field at Boise State? It literally makes me cringe to watch it.

SEC starts its bowl season on Monday I think. :cheer2:

Is it just me or is there anyone else who CAN NOT stand to watch the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" played on that awful blue playing field at Boise State?
I was out at dinner tonight and the game was on TV. I kept looking up and thinking... Why? And then I was even more shocked to see Idaho with a winning record. When did that happen?

j

Hey man, iguess if the Big 10 can be relavent again then Idaho can have a winning record

:duck:

I don't like heights, at all. Well, today we went zip lining. I couldn't let Frank go all by himself. After the first one the next 8 weren't so bad. Actually the zipping down was a lot better than climbing up all those ladders.

I don't like heights, at all. Well, today we went zip lining. I couldn't let Frank go all by himself.

Geeze Loo-eze, what's next? Bungee jumping? :scared: Stir a few sleeping pills into Frank's coffee to get him to relax on vacation. :teeth: Ed

So, what's everyone cooking today/tomorrow? Family has talked me into doing my traditional turkey - which is essentially Alton Browns brine recipe. I skipped Thanksgiving, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I always like to hear what others have planned. Merry Christmas!

Frying a turkey and making dressing. We're hosting family dinner this year so we do the two main items and everyone else brings the sides. The DW is cooking up some sweet potatoes and a banana pudding.

Today is buffet, some meatballs in salsa, kielbasa in BBQ sauce, chips dip, cheese crackers, and other goodies. We start at around 3 and go until bed time.
Tomorrow will be fresh made blueberry muffins in the morning then Prime Rib with all the fixings for dinner and a cherry cheese cake for dessert. And egg nog with brandy. :drinking1 Merry Christmas everyone. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter