The Dark Side, DVC Stay, Hoop Dee Doo & More-APRIL 2015 Trip Report***Completed 8/23***

So I called my friend and it's as bad as we thought, but of course, I won't tell her that! They are staying outside WDW in a condo and she is bringing her 18 year old nephew who has never been. Plus, it's her and her DH and 2 DS. She told me that her plan was to let them sleep in in the morning, hang out, have some breakfast and swim, etc, and then head to the parks around 2 or so. So I told her that is the exact OPPOSITE of what I would recommend! I tried explaining rope drop, lower crowds, heat of the afternoon, but I think it may be falling on deaf ears. I told her to go ahead and purchase her tickets on the WDW website now and at least TRY to get some FP reservations, and to go look at easywdw's crowd calendar and try to pick which park on which day. I also asked her what she is going to do for dining and she wasn't to just go back to eat in the condo…but wait??? You're getting to the park at 2, what time would you leave to go eat? I tried telling her (in the nicest possible way) that that was another reason her sleeping in/hanging out plan wouldn't work well. I tried recommending that they get up EARLY, do rope drop and stay in park until 1-2 then go rest, relax, swim, eat, etc and THEN head back to the parks later.

I don't know. I find it hard to give her advice because that's so NOT how I plan trips. I'm a super planner (as most of us here are). And I want her to have a great time but i'm afraid they'll hate it because of the way they're doing it.

On a positive note, she downloaded the MDE app and will hopefully purchase her tickets today so she can make some FP reservations.

Back to your regularly scheduled Trip Report (HaHa!)...

On our very first day at WDW in July 2001, we arrived at Port Orleans Riverside with park hopper tickets for 7 days and 6 nights, and no plans at all. The concierge at POR asked us, "Which park do you want to see first, and where might you want to eat dinner? When I said "I don't know and I don't know," she took us in hand and said, "I'm getting you into Sci Fi for tonight b/c you have two boys, and if you like it, come back tomorrow and we'll make more plans."

The point is that we still had a great time!

On our very first day at WDW in July 2001, we arrived at Port Orleans Riverside with park hopper tickets for 7 days and 6 nights, and no plans at all. The concierge at POR asked us, "Which park do you want to see first, and where might you want to eat dinner? When I said "I don't know and I don't know," she took us in hand and said, "I'm getting you into Sci Fi for tonight b/c you have two boys, and if you like it, come back tomorrow and we'll make more plans."

The point is that we still had a great time!

That's AWESOME!! I love that story! To be honest, the first couple times we went, we didn't have many plans either. And we definitely had a great time! I guess you don't know what you don't know!

Last edited:
Loved your report. What an amazing trip you guys had.

Thank you! It all seems like a dream now! We just got back from another trip and I need to start working on that report! Gives me a chance to relive it and savor it for a little longer!

LOL! And we just got back and I rode 3 more times! I think I'm totally over my fear of it! And I go on Tower of Terror and Rock n'Roller Coaster now, also!

Congrats! I once fainted on a coaster -- afraid of heights -- so I stick to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder (where I feel close to the ground). So I admire you for trying. I tried Tower of Terror only once, and my memory of the ride was that my carriage was pulled out of the hotel, hung upside down over the park, and shaken around a bit. My kids assured me that nothing like that had happened, but that's still my memory of that ride!

Congrats! I once fainted on a coaster -- afraid of heights -- so I stick to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder (where I feel close to the ground). So I admire you for trying. I tried Tower of Terror only once, and my memory of the ride was that my carriage was pulled out of the hotel, hung upside down over the park, and shaken around a bit. My kids assured me that nothing like that had happened, but that's still my memory of that ride!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hello! I found your 2021 trip report and enjoyed it, so I just went back and read this one, 6+ years later. :D Thanks for writing them, they're great! Now which to read next????

Hello! I found your 2021 trip report and enjoyed it, so I just went back and read this one, 6+ years later. :D Thanks for writing them, they're great! Now which to read next????

This is a blast from the past and definitely made me smile this morning, so thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I have quite a few to choose from! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter