• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"The Box Said It Was A Honey-Mist Auburn"

Tegan_Shade

Earning My Ears
"Well Honey, you missed auburn big time."

One would think that after watching this and knowing what hair dye can do to blond hair, they would be more cautious. Well, I was not.
My hair is now blonde with pink. And I don't mean a little pink, I mean a LOT of pink. It looks like someone dumped a stawberry sundae on my head.
My excuse is that I got attacked by a paint brush weilding bubble gum monster.
And I lost. Horribley.

Anyone else have bad experience with hair dye? This isn't my first, but the previous bad experience was during summer, so yeah...

One would think that after watching this and knowing what hair dye can do to blond hair, they would be more cautious. Well, I was not.
My hair is now blonde with pink. And I don't mean a little pink, I mean a LOT of pink. It looks like someone dumped a stawberry sundae on my head.
And I lost. Horribley.

Anyone else have bad experience with hair dye? This isn't my first, but the previous bad experience was during summer, so yeah...

My firend is a blonde, and she dyed her hair black. The first try, her hair turned blue. She dyed it a second time and it was fine.

And I lost. Horribley.

My natural hair color is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper light blonde. Just buy the dye a shade lighter than you want it to turn out.

i hate my hair color right now. its ashy brown, but really it just looks gray. i'm thinking about dying it a chocolate brown sometime soon.

The worst experience I've had I guess is that when I had red and blonde (fire engine red/white blonde hah) some of the blonde pieces wouldn't curl really well afterwards.

My natural hair color is a dirty strawberry blonde color and I dyed that brown. Then after a few months I dyed my hair red. Well, the tips turned out a really dark brown and the roots were like bright red haha.

I am a natural blonde. When i was born it was black but as a grew older and the Florida sun got to it, it turned blonde. I swear it gets blonder and blonder every summer.

My hair has gotten lighter as the years went on. I now have Malfoy blonde hair.

I haven't actually died all of my hair, but a little while ago I did colorful streaks. Lime green, pink, blue, etc. I always freaked out that I'd mess up something and end up with ALL of my hair lime green, pink, blue, etc.

Before chemo I had long wavy medium brown hair. I dyed it auburn a few times, and I absolutely loved it. After chemo my hair is curly and much darker. Pics:

nvm pics dont wanna resize

i tried putting streak in my hair once form a box....and in the words of dickie roberts "it no come out so good".

it didn't streak it just kinda dyed the top of my head so i looked like i had reverse roots or something lol. i had to go to the hairdresser and have them fix it, and it still didn't look very good.
your experience sounds much worse than mine though :scared1:

i've never dyed my hair since then and that was like 6 years ago :laughing:
i'll just stick with my boring brunette colour.

i have a tweed ish color for my natural hair and a few years ago i wanted to put some carmel highlights in. so we bought the color checked the box twice opened it up and went with it.

turns out the contents inside the box were not the correct color. the box said carmel. the contents were for blonde :scared1:

and i stupidly wanted more carmel color than my original so i put alot in. so i was basically blonde :headache:

i hated it and actually cried. but we weren't sure how to fix it right away so i had to live with it for quite a few months. it was horrible!

I died my hair black for my schools winter musical last year, it didn't wash out after 6 weeks

but I had a half black half brown tourtise hair thing going on and I loved it

show some pics btw

I had my mom put blonde highlights in my hair once.

Never again. They looked bad, so now they're all grown out and I'm back to my natural brown hair that I love. I don't think I'll be dying it, ever.

I've dyed my hair several times. This is just the worst that it has ever come out. For example, last summer my entire head was green, blue, and purple. The green and blue was because I had put teal in with the purple. There was hardly any brown (my natural color) so I was called peacock the entire summer. Now everyone is calling me pinky and bubblegum except for my dad, who is calling me strawberry. I think I'm going to strip my hair and re-dye it to a strawberry blonde instead.. I don't wanna think about what my teachers are gonna say to me bout my hair. Major school violation. Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough. Glad to know I'm not the only one here who's had a bad experience with hair dye. It would suck to realize the box was labled wrong.

I've dyed my hair several times. This is just the worst that it has ever come out. For example, last summer my entire head was green, blue, and purple. The green and blue was because I had put teal in with the purple. There was hardly any brown (my natural color) so I was called peacock the entire summer. Now everyone is calling me pinky and bubblegum except for my dad, who is calling me strawberry. I think I'm going to strip my hair and re-dye it to a strawberry blonde instead.. I don't wanna think about what my teachers are gonna say to me bout my hair. Major school violation. Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough. Glad to know I'm not the only one here who's had a bad experience with hair dye. It would suck to realize the box was labled wrong.

You know that I've had some issues with my hair color. On multiple occassions I have put highlights usually blonde ones in my naturally dark brown hair. And it looks really good...until a year later when the top half of my hair is dark brown and the bottom has blonde highlights. It looks like crap for anyone who doesn't know. So wanting to save money and not go to a professional, i bought hair dye from wal-mart. The box said that it was darkest brown and the pic showed pretty close to my natural hair color. So later that night my mom puts it in my hair. "This looks really dark," my moms says. "It's supposed to be it's called darkest brown," I said...boy was i wrong. When i was in the shower rinsing it out I realized that the dye was black...well crud. I thought maybe it would wash some out and it would look ok...it didn't. my hair was pitch black...and normally that wouldn't be bad, except that I am really pale. Everyone at school called me snow white cuz of my pale skin and black hair . I've done this twice now...you'd think I'd learn, but nope I keep on trying...and keep on failing...:sad1:

I've never had "bad" experiances with hair dye, but once I died my hair black and it looked terrible and it's still not out.
Now it's dark brown with caramel highlights and I'm trying to bring it back to my natural colour slowly, which is dirty blonde.

My mom has had many terrible incidents. She has bleach blonde hair and once she went in to a pool and her hair turned lime green. Another time she tried dying under her hair black and it turned blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter