• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

I just watched Molly's latest video about skipping all the G+ lines in one day, and she was able to, plus an attraction or two that don't have G+, but it looked *miserable*. She was constantly 'fiddle faddling' on her phone, and worse (IMO) having to pinball all around the parks to get the rides she needed. And for the most part she seems to have relied on snacks, except for one salad, and stayed until after fireworks to ride one or two more. She says in the video that she doesn't recommend it as a way to tour the parks.
I remember the video, and I agree that you can't rely completely on Genie+, even at Magic Kingdom. You have to mix in a few standby lines.

There's something odd about the data I'm seeing. Almost always, the return times progressively become later times up until park close, prior to a ride selling out. Today, rides like MMRR, ToT, and MFSR all had return times between 4-5pm prior to selling out. This seems to indicate that the park is closing at 5pm today, or there is an issue with the G+ service that IT is hopefully working on.

EDIT: Just checked the TP Lines app and confirmed HS is closing at 5pm today.
That makes sense! Thanks!

I just watched Molly's latest video about skipping all the G+ lines in one day, and she was able to, plus an attraction or two that don't have G+, but it looked *miserable*. She was constantly 'fiddle faddling' on her phone, and worse (IMO) having to pinball all around the parks to get the rides she needed. And for the most part she seems to have relied on snacks, except for one salad, and stayed until after fireworks to ride one or two more. She says in the video that she doesn't recommend it as a way to tour the parks.
Was it also just her grabbing LLs all day? That's great for research purposes, but not helpful for most WDW guests who are on vacation with 4+ people they have to find LLs for.

Was it also just her grabbing LLs all day? That's great for research purposes, but not helpful for most WDW guests who are on vacation with 4+ people they have to find LLs for.

Yep - it was more of a 'challenge' video. Can you skip the lines on all G+ attractions in one day. But I think she said in the video that cast members have told her there are no issues for up to like 10 people, but over 10, the system doesn't work so well? Like the 'reservation/time slot' can be for a party, not just one person? I'm not sure on that.

So she didn't ride the carrousel, or AstroOrbiter, etc. I guess those aren't on G+?

Either way, she spent all her time in lines searching for her next LL, and I can't begin to imagine how many miles she walked.

Yep - it was more of a 'challenge' video. Can you skip the lines on all G+ attractions in one day. But I think she said in the video that cast members have told her there are no issues for up to like 10 people, but over 10, the system doesn't work so well? Like the 'reservation/time slot' can be for a party, not just one person? I'm not sure on that.

So she didn't ride the carrousel, or AstroOrbiter, etc. I guess those aren't on G+?

Either way, she spent all her time in lines searching for her next LL, and I can't begin to imagine how many miles she walked.
We were “park warriors”/rope droppers/open to close family prior to covid, and before sucker+ we averaged about 5 miles per day. Too old and too cheap to be pushed around more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter