SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

What is the walkway situation to get from Sapphire to IOA? Is it really short? Or does everyone have to walk through RPR?

What is the walkway situation to get from Sapphire to IOA? Is it really short? Or does everyone have to walk through RPR?

You walk thru the grounds at RPR, but we never went inside other than Emerils. I would say the walk is about 10 minutes, it's very easy even after touring the parks all day.

We're heading there next month for the Mardi Gras madness, ( I can say "next month" now and it's AWESOME), and I can't wait! We're in a pool view room, I'll take a bunch of pics and bring more back.

I'm waiting to see the line up for the 4th.....
My only date there for Mardi Gras

My husband's company has a trip booked at SF in July. I'm pretty bummed that this hotel doesn't have the express pass included. We stayed at PB three years ago and really enjoyed that perk. I guess we will have to pay extra for it.

We stayed at SF last week (January 12-14), and we loved it! We booked a lagoon view room, and I made sure to look out the window every chance I got. We really liked the atmosphere in the public spaces, the selection at the gift shop was great (I was able to find a Ravenclaw pin that was sold out in the park), and the short water taxi rides were 100x more enjoyable than the Disney bus rides!

We did have an issue with our restroom "door" though. When we tried to close it, it would slide all the way back. I replied to their welcome text around 5:00 and someone named Ashley told me she would send someone to check it out while we were at the park. When we got back to our room at 10:30, no one had stopped by yet. I went downstairs to let them know and a maintenance guy came to the room about 15 minutes later. He told us he'd never seen the door do that before, and he had to leave to get additional tools/ladder. It didn't take him long to fix the issue (about another 15 minutes), but it was definitely a bit of a bother since we were all super tired by then and just wanted to sleep.

We'd definitely stay here again though! Maybe we'll actually have time to toast our marshmallows next time!

We stayed at SF last week (January 12-14), and we loved it! We booked a lagoon view room, and I made sure to look out the window every chance I got. We really liked the atmosphere in the public spaces, the selection at the gift shop was great (I was able to find a Ravenclaw pin that was sold out in the park), and the short water taxi rides were 100x more enjoyable than the Disney bus rides!

We did have an issue with our restroom "door" though. When we tried to close it, it would slide all the way back. I replied to their welcome text around 5:00 and someone named Ashley told me she would send someone to check it out while we were at the park. When we got back to our room at 10:30, no one had stopped by yet. I went downstairs to let them know and a maintenance guy came to the room about 15 minutes later. He told us he'd never seen the door do that before, and he had to leave to get additional tools/ladder. It didn't take him long to fix the issue (about another 15 minutes), but it was definitely a bit of a bother since we were all super tired by then and just wanted to sleep.

We'd definitely stay here again though! Maybe we'll actually have time to toast our marshmallows next time!

So lovely to hear you had such a good time at Sapphire Falls...........shame about the glitch with the door, but glad to hear you'd stay there again.

It is such a lovely hotel. Glad you came back to tell us how much you enjoyed it........we all like to hear that......

Here now, checked in around 8am this morning off of a red eye from the west coast. The room was ready for us, which was a blessing. 2nd floor, pool view room. $125 a night with an annual pass holder discount. For that price, this room is an absolute steal.

We love the decor and the whole resort is beautiful. I think it has an edge on the RPR for the pool area and the color scheme.

Two minor complaints, we are on the pool level, it's literally right outside our room so the music plays from open to close. If you want super quiet, don't face the pool. That really isn't bothering me as bad as my 2nd complaint, we desperately need double sinks, this one sink thing isn't working for a vain teenager and her equally vain mother.

Also, the bathroom door slider situation is a little weird.

I'm not letting these things pepper my judgement that much, we are having a great time!

Ask to change rooms away from pool or from 2nd floor

But no luck for double sinks
You are stuck with that

Have fun and enjoy the sunshine!

Hi, can anyone tell us if sapphire falls has the re fillable mugs like cabana bay does or are they only in cabana bay, thank you

Thank you
I've been thinking about your question and I did see mugs in Dutch trading co eatery along with a freestyle machine. There is a machine in the pool area also near the bathrooms. No idea how much they are though.

I've been thinking about your question and I did see mugs in Dutch trading co eatery along with a freestyle machine. There is a machine in the pool area also near the bathrooms. No idea how much they are though.

Hi, thank you for your reply, fingers crossed they still have them

Hi, thank you for your reply, fingers crossed they still have them
I should have checked the pricing. There were about 10 of are party in there at the time and it was a little hectic! Lol
Do a google search and Orlando informer will pop up with pictures of the mugs. We were just there at the end of march and they definitely had the cups.

Stayed at Sapphire last August and loved it! Except for my 11 year old who was missing a food court Is there a walking path to Cabana Bay from Sapphire or is it faster to cross the road?

Stayed at Sapphire last August and loved it! Except for my 11 year old who was missing a food court Is there a walking path to Cabana Bay from Sapphire or is it faster to cross the road?

There is a path, but I think it's quicker to cross the road.

Are the beds comfy at Sapphire Falls? I walked over to the resort and thought it was beautiful, so was considering staying there on my next trip. For reference on what I think is comfy and what isn't, I loved the Portofino bed and I thought the Royal pacific bed was way too hard and had to get padding from the front desk to actually sleep on it.

Are the beds comfy at Sapphire Falls? I walked over to the resort and thought it was beautiful, so was considering staying there on my next trip. For reference on what I think is comfy and what isn't, I loved the Portofino bed and I thought the Royal pacific bed was way too hard and had to get padding from the front desk to actually sleep on it.

We love Sapphire Beds last summer but they were brand new at the time. We actually had all the mattresses and foundations replaced with the same ones at home! :love: now I just need their pillows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!