The ABC's of Trip Reporting- PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Liessa !!!I too loved the Rose & Crown !!I have not had the bangers and mash but am glad you liked it !!English sausages are not as spicy as american ones and some people find them BLAH!!! Now never having had them there it may be they have added some ZIP!!! I had the pork dish there and it was delish as was the Lemon pie !!!Just a tidbit GREEN DRAGON is quite a common name for a English Pub !!

:cool2::cool2::cool2:

I will definitely add you to Club Cool Cabbage. Although, I think we're fighting an uphill battle for membership. Where's Great Biscuit when you need him??:lmao:
im in love me some cabbage....

sausage and kraute.
corned beef and cabbage.

mmmmmmmmmmm

i think most men like it cause it gives us more fire power.

:furious:

where the lovely ladies are afraid of its fire powers.
:blush: opps was that me.
:rolleyes1

sliding in before this one gets closed

:woohoo: You're back!!!!!! Place hasn't been the same without ya!

I love cabbage!!! I think I could eat a bowl of just the braised cabbage and bacon - forget the bangers and the mash. But yes, it does produce certain not so welcome byproducts. I'll quote one of my favorite movies, "Meet Me in St.Louis" (and I hope you will all come meet me here someday;)) "Cabbage has a cabbage smell." No putting it any plainer than that!

Morning Liessa !!!I too loved the Rose & Crown !!I have not had the bangers and mash but am glad you liked it !!English sausages are not as spicy as american ones and some people find them BLAH!!! Now never having had them there it may be they have added some ZIP!!! I had the pork dish there and it was delish as was the Lemon pie !!!Just a tidbit GREEN DRAGON is quite a common name for a English Pub !!

I'll never forget the breakfasts we had in our B&B in London- those very same bangers, pork and beans, toast with marmalade (of course!), stewed tomatoes, and a fried egg!!! You Brits KNOW how to make breakfast guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!!! :cloud9: Who needs spicy sausage with all of that??! Boy oh boy! Lemon pie sounds yum! too!

I wish I could remember the name of the pub my sisters and I met the sons of the Peruvian ambassodor! That pub was the gateway to some amazing experiences at the Peruvian Embassy! FUN stuff!

im in love me some cabbage....

sausage and kraute.
corned beef and cabbage.

mmmmmmmmmmm

i think most men like it cause it gives us more fire power.

:furious:

where the lovely ladies are afraid of its fire powers.
:blush: opps was that me.
:rolleyes1

Only some are afraid...sometimes that same fire power has some unintended advantages.

Gosh almighty, St. Patty's Day is just around the corner. Time to shop for the corned beef!! :eek:

:woohoo: You're back!!!!!! Place hasn't been the same without ya!

I love cabbage!!! I think I could eat a bowl of just the braised cabbage and bacon - forget the bangers and the mash. But yes, it does produce certain not so welcome byproducts. I'll quote one of my favorite movies, "Meet Me in St.Louis" (and I hope you will all come meet me here someday;)) "Cabbage has a cabbage smell." No putting it any plainer than that!

That right there, is one of the best movies EVER!! If I had Judy's voice, I'd be much richer than I am!

Our family has a traditional dish called "Burning Love". We take bacon and fry it nice and crisp. Open a home canned jar of pickled beets. Mash up some taters, and fry some onions and cabbage IN the bacon grease. Serve it all up by having each participant stack their own meal and WOW - noshing on some good food! :thumbsup2

I don't think I've ever had pickled beets. Shredded beets on a salad perhaps. But I can't say I've ever had a whole mouthful of nothing but beets.:confused3

In my defense- I will blame it all on my mom! She is a very picky eater. The only veggies she served us growing up were canned green beans, peas, or corn. And salad. Really, that's it (unless you count beans and potatoes, we had a lot of those). I don't think I tried broccoli till I was in my teens.:sad2:

That's right - she hated velveeta! The first time I finally did have broccoli, it was drenched in the fake stuff at a holiday dinner. I thought - where has this stuff been all my life?!

That's right - she hated velveeta! The first time I finally did have broccoli, it was drenched in the fake stuff at a holiday dinner. I thought - where has this stuff been all my life?!

See... heaven on a plate. Ranch dressing works well to get the vile stuff choked down.

And now that we are very close to 250 pages, I will start to work on the next thread. Should be up later today....;)

Mmmm...bangers & mash & bacon...

(hold the cabbage, please)

Looks like a good meal! And it's always great to sit and soak in some World Showcase atmosphere.

Put me in the pro-cabbage camp! :thumbsup2 Being a good Southern boy, I grew up on all types of green veggies......cabbage (well, some of it is green), collards, spinach. The braised spinach with my pork chop at Tutto Italia was fan-freakin-tastic!!! :banana:

Probably be a while before I get around to trying the Rose and Crown. Glad you enjoyed it though! We do love the Fish and Chips at the counter service! :woohoo:

Mmmm...bangers & mash & bacon...

(hold the cabbage, please)

Looks like a good meal! And it's always great to sit and soak in some World Showcase atmosphere.

Really?! No cabbage huh? I'll have to put you into the no fly zone on the new thread.

Totally j/k. I'm working on it right now- I think I'll stick with the same intro.

If I had known I was going to get a no window seat, I'd have asked for outside- to, like you say, soak in more of that WS atmosphere.

My girls eat ranch dressing on EVERYTHING - even pizza!

popcorn::

Ranch on pizzza rules. As long as there's enough crushed red pepper. ;)

Put me in the pro-cabbage camp! :thumbsup2 Being a good Southern boy, I grew up on all types of green veggies......cabbage (well, some of it is green), collards, spinach. The braised spinach with my pork chop at Tutto Italia was fan-freakin-tastic!!! :banana:

Probably be a while before I get around to trying the Rose and Crown. Glad you enjoyed it though! We do love the Fish and Chips at the counter service! :woohoo:

The lines are being drawn.... and those of us in the pro-cabbage camp will be much better "prepared". :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just got my chard in the ground yesterday- we LOVE our greens. A little balsalmic splashed on top- ZAM!! Insta-deliciousness! I freeze it, and it goes in most everything all winter.

The fish and chips were on an early edition of the BFP, but got traded out for R&C, knowing they'd still be an option if they sounded good at the time.

Oh man! You have NO idea how liberating it was!! All my time to fill with all my whims! I LOVED it!

I would imagine there might be some gluten in the potatoes... Dang!

hahahahaha! wouldn't you just like to know.... All I can say is that it came with buzzing as well! :rotfl2: And it wasn't from any Green Dragons. :sad2:

Oh wouldn't THAT have been funny!! I forgot to say earlier, because I totally just remembered what it was I flagged down the other server for: When the drink arrived, it looked very boozy-scary, so I asked for a roll so as to not have to ask for a wheelchair too when leaving. Guess that ended up being unwarranted! :sad2:

Ahhhh, that's the question of the century, ain't it?! :confused::confused::confused:;)

I'd love to try a solo trip sometime but when I even slightly hinted at it, DH was completely offended!:laughing: But the luxury, the sheer luxury of choosing where I want to go, what I want to eat or what I want to stop and take pics of....:cloud9: So color me jealous that you got to experience it!:goodvibes

Ugh, gluten has got to be the most ubiquitous ingredient EVER!:headache: It's everywhere.:sad1:

Buzzing AND flashing?!?!:eek: Oh geez Liesa, I don't think I want to know the particulars here!:laughing:

:lmao:You ordered a roll for your weak, wimpy drink!! Too funny! Maybe they gave you the kid's version of it?:laughing: As in zero alcohol! Good thing you had that roll in your tummy to counteract all that liquor!

I'm still dying to know where you shopped! Ugh, cliff hangers suck!:laughing:

Trying to get you to the last page. Plus I was checking for the next link. I certainly don't want to miss that.

Time is up- ready for Thread #2??

Let's GO!!

HERE!!!
Oh sure, tease us with a new thread for a couple of hours and then wait until I leave work and have to run errands before I get home to finally make the jump...... That was payback for the Ali-do contest wasn't it??? :rolleyes1

I
In my defense- I will blame it all on my mom! She is a very picky eater. The only veggies she served us growing up were canned green beans, peas, or corn. And salad. Really, that's it (unless you count beans and potatoes, we had a lot of those). I don't think I tried broccoli till I was in my teens.:sad2:

That all I was served too. Now I find I am allergic to peas and beans. Still sort of picky but did not eat Chinese food until I was in college. Same for Peanut butter.:scared1:

Oh sure, tease us with a new thread for a couple of hours and then wait until I leave work and have to run errands before I get home to finally make the jump...... That was payback for the Ali-do contest wasn't it??? :rolleyes1

I know she waits until i am working my late night to start the new thread. I was wise and am sneaking on while still at work. :tiptoe:

Payback is sweeter than wine. And now, STINK!! You gave another hint, so it's ONE MORE TIME back to the thread. Crap! Will I ever be done with finding Ali?

That all I was served too. Now I find I am allergic to peas and beans. Still sort of picky but did not eat Chinese food until I was in college. Same for Peanut butter.:scared1:

NO PB??? Were you living on Mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter