Thanksgiving or Christmas at Disneyland?

Katelyn Elizabeth

Earning My Ears
Hey all! I am planning a trip to Disneyland here soon, but I'm struggling with what time to go. I am a teacher at a school so don't really have flexible dates to go... The dates I was considering were 11/19-11/25 or 12/18-12/14.. I understand and acknowledge that the crowds will be MUCH busier than normal but my question is what time would you rather go and think would be more worth while? I've read mixed reviews about Thanksgiving break, some saying that the crowds weren't terrible compared to Christmas but I've also read that the are both the same. Any advice for this? I'm prepared to deal with the crowds as I have gone to Disneyland many times, just never during the holiday season since I was a kid. Thank you!!

Is your second set of dates 12/18 - 12/24? If so, then I think your first set of dates will work better. HolidayTime will have already started, and you'll be able to celebrate Thanksgiving Day at the parks. (Make your reservation ASAP if you plan to do this at a TS restaurant.) There will be crowds that week, but it should be manageable, especially if you plan ahead. The crowds will get heavier the closer it gets to Christmas and New Year's.

If it were me I would prefer the first dates. getting the best of both worlds. Disneyland will be decorated for christmas by then.
As suggested definately make your reservations for any holiday eating ASAP.:flower3:

I'm not sure I agree, sometime the week BEFORE Christmas isn't too bad, the week between Christmas and New Year's is horrible, I would never go then. We went on Dec. 21st last year and it wasn't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter