Thanksgiving Dinner at Trail's End Buffet?

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done this? I'm curious about whether this is a good idea given that they don't take priority seatings? What do you all think?

I think Thanksgiving at the campsite would be neat. It would be tough to cook the turkey in the Pop Up though.

An idea for folks who may be spending holidays at FW is to order a meal from the deli at Publix Supermarkets

They will make a full holiday meal ready to eat with all the sides and fixings! Might make a great holiday meal at the world.:D

:) We did the trails end 4 years ago for the thanksgiving dinner ,It was good!And worth it! Have fun And yes you can cook a turkey in a pop up ,Just the breast in a coleman oven but that is another post.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the Trail's End last year. We usually eat dinner early, so I'm thinking it was about 1ish. We put our name in and I don't recall waiting more than 20 minutes.

Another thought, we saw a lot of people who were lining up for something else that was being held in the Mickey's BBQ pavilion but we weren't sure what kind of dinner that was. You may want to check that out.

The TE turkey day dinner was great, as usual! I wish I could be back there this year for it!!

Go with Trails End for Dinner. Yes Publix has the dinners with all the trimmings but they are closed on Thanksgiving day so you would have to store all the food to keep it cool. Also Publix can not sell hot dinners .They have to be chilled and you heat them up yourself.(Too easy to get food poisoning)

Trails End was really good and you have lots to choose from.

FW has a Thanksgiving dinner at the pavilion (where they usually have Mickey's BBQ)... It's called Thanksgiving at the Fort, seating times are 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, & 6:00. Price is $39.01 for adults, $25.00 for kids 3-9 (includes food, beverage, entertainment---Live Country-Western Band, Line Dance Lesson, & Characters---,
tax, & tip). They require a credit card # for a guarantee; cancellation policy is 48 hours.

It's a buffet, with veg. soup, wild game stew, salad bar, corn bread & rolls, turkey with stuffing & giblet gravy, honey mustard glazed ham with raisin sauce, fried catfish, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, squash, fruit pies & pudding...

For some reason, Disney Dining has a hard time finding it---but it is in their system--you just have to be persistent. When I called last week, the 4 & 6 seatings were sold out, but I called back the next day, & got the 6:00----I guess they get cancellations all the time......

In fact, after talking with my daughter, I think I'm going to cancel my res......It's pricey, & we'd rather keep our original plan at Chef Mickey's.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter