Tell me about GFS stores

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Tell me about GFS stores please. We have one opening in a few days, just down from the Sams Club that I already belong to. Is anyone familiar with GFS? I know there's not a membership fee, but otherwise I don't know much. What kind of things do you like to buy there?

GFS is much more a BULK shopping experience than Sam's. It caters to organizations or companies who feed Lots of people at once.

That said...I did my son's whole Graduation Party from GFS. We did a Taco Bar and I saved a Ton buying from GFS.

In December I like to buy their Cookie Cutouts for the kids to decorate.

This summer GFS started carrying a small selection of Market Day Products. Since those items are there I pop in more often.

I recently planned my Company Picnic. I checked Prices on lots of items from Hot dogs and buns to veggie trays and bags of chips.
The prices were VERY comparable. It really did not matter which store we bought from.

IT is nice to have them as a local choice. Above all, my store has Excellent service. Someone always asks if they can help me find something and they taste test on the weekend.

Thanks for the reply. :) I'll be sure to check it out when it opens next week.

I just used gfs for daughter's wedding shower. I saved hundreds of dollars on me to loan it was great. Also usually have a five dollar off $50 purchase coupon in the sale ads. If you ever get a chance to try the Apple dumplings go for it it taste just like the homemade ones grandma used to make.

Great store :thumbsup2 Can save a lot of money I buy my coffee, sweetener, and creamer there on a regular basis. They send email coupons all the time which helps. Their fruits, vegetables, meats, and cheeses are excellent.

I love that you can buy their deli meat and have it sliced to order. I have done that many times when I have needed to feed a crowd.

If you already do Market Day, not only can you buy Market Day items at GFS, you can buy anything GFS carries and they will donate a portion of sales to your school/organization. You just have to tell them your school at checkout.

They have wonderful frozen chocolate chip cookies ready to bake and cheap pies. I prefer GFS over Sam's for some items and vice versa.

We have a GFS about 30 minutes or so away from us, so I don't get there very often. But they have a frozen fried rice that is AMAZING! I just add a little bit of soy sauce to it and heat it up in our giant skillet (or a wok) and the whole family loves it! You can add other stuff too.. chicken or beef or tofu.. or stir fry some added veggies! We are a family of 6 and there is usually enough left over for one or two of us to have for lunch the next day!

Also, their frozen mac n' cheese is sooo good!! It is a huge portion, so you would be eating on it for days.. but it's delicious! I also buy the big bags of the veggie straws and stuff when they have them.

We have a somewhat large family, so the bulk portions suit us just fine. I haven't tried anything from there that I haven't liked.

Good to know about the Market Day thing.. our girls' school does that, so if I go to GFS then I will have to ask about it.

When we have to take an appetizer to a gathering, I like to buy a big bag odf their frozen meatballs and a big can of sauce. Tastes awesome and the price is great compared to buying the meatballs from the grocery.

I love our GFS. It is clean, lots of selection, the employees are great and I'm not wandering around for an hour in a daze looking at thousands of products like I did at Costco.

The best part? It's free to shop there, no membership needed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter