• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target gift cards to Disney gift cards...NO LONGER

Okay, so no gift cards for gift cards...but do they still offer the 5% off the Disney gift card if you use your Red Card?

Yes.

Well, when we asked the cashier (and the subsequent manager who she called out) we were told "no" to using the Red card for the 5% discount on Disney cards, but the computer did it anyway when we swiped the Red Card at the end of the sale. In the computer system Disney gift cards are NOT gift cards - they're considered "entertainment" cards (like AMC gift cards).

I think you still can use them. Another Dis member was just saying they got a $25 gift card for their $25 Target gift card. Not sure about the 5% off. We were there yesterday and the clerk said she wasn't sure if they allow you to purchase gift cards at 5%. She was a fairly new employee, so who knows.

If you have a Sam's Club near you, they have a discount on a pack of 3 Disney gift cards. It's $142 and some change for a value of $150, which is a pretty decent deal. We found this deal out from another member on the Dis. They were saying that they have $500 Disney gift cards, but our store doesn't carry that high.

We just used them to purchase our Annual Pass vouchers last month and saved about $100 with the SC savings and credit card cash back rewards. Every bit of savings adds up!

I bought discounted Target GCs online earlier this year for a trip in May and used them no problem at Target online for the additional 5% off. But I didn't check if things had changed and bought up $1,400 in discounted Target GCs online last week only to have the online Disney GC orders through Target get cancelled as people are reporting.

I then used $150 in Target GCs to purchase $150 in Disney GCs at a Target store (without a 5% RedCard discount) but the clerk at first told me I couldn't. Only after a manager told her it was allowed did they put the transaction through.

However, when I came back with the remaining $1,250 in Target GCs to purchase $1,250 in Disney GCs (straight up with no 5% discount) they told me I just could not do that. They don't allow such bulk purchases I was told. Only after debating a manager for 10 minutes did he finally reluctantly allow it. What a pain. My fault for assuming nothing changed without checking, I guess.

I got most of the Target GCs at a 6% discount. I've decided it's not worth the headache to get that extra 1% off over the existing RedCard discount of 5% in the future.

I bought discounted Target GCs online earlier this year for a trip in May and used them no problem at Target online for the additional 5% off. But I didn't check if things had changed and bought up $1,400 in discounted Target GCs online last week only to have the online Disney GC orders through Target get cancelled as people are reporting.

I then used $150 in Target GCs to purchase $150 in Disney GCs at a Target store (without a 5% RedCard discount) but the clerk at first told me I couldn't. Only after a manager told her it was allowed did they put the transaction through.

However, when I came back with the remaining $1,250 in Target GCs to purchase $1,250 in Disney GCs (straight up with no 5% discount) they told me I just could not do that. They don't allow such bulk purchases I was told. Only after debating a manager for 10 minutes did he finally reluctantly allow it. What a pain. My fault for assuming nothing changed without checking, I guess.

I got most of the Target GCs at a 6% discount. I've decided it's not worth the headache to get that extra 1% off over the existing RedCard discount of 5% in the future.
Yikes! I'm glad you got it thru! Yeah, people report doing multiple small purchases to stay under the radar or using self checkout. I agree, the potential for hassle just isn't worth the 1% in savings. (I'm also worried that someday they'll fix all their systems to not take GCs for GCs and my vacation budget will have to morph into my grocery budget if I have a bunch of GCs still left.)

I get free gift cards using apps like perk and swagbucks so this is a bummer. Any other stores where I can get a Disney gift card with a store gift card??

I get free gift cards using apps like perk and swagbucks so this is a bummer. Any other stores where I can get a Disney gift card with a store gift card??
It seems to be getting more difficult by the minute. Some are still having luck with Best Buy (my local store just stopped carrying 3rd party cards). Some are also having luck with Walgreens and Kmart.

It would be so much easier if we could earn Disney cards from Perk, Swagbucks, etc. LOL!

does anyone know if Sam's Club will take prepaid visa/MC's for Disney GC purchases?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This is what irritates me the most as a Target employee. I'm a cashier and I've always trained the other cashiers to ring up the guest and let them use whatever form of payment they have. If it's allowed, the system will put it through. If it's not, they system will deny it.

I've shopped at Target as a guest and I know how the system works. I hate it when new cashiers assume that they can't do something. Or even worse when an older cashier tries to tell me that they can't do it. I've looked at them and told them that they can. I even pulled out a receipt for my Disney gift cards once. Showed them where I bought $1600 in Disney gift cards from the same store. The register is your friend. Follow it. Let it guide you.

And yes you can make bulk purchases of gift cards. Just nothing over $9999. Otherwise you have to go to Customer Service. Ugh!! I get so annoyed with cashiers that tell people no and then a manager comes along and says yes....The system will also stop you if you're purchasing too many gift cards.

Sorry...Getting off my soap box now...LOL!!

I get 25$ target gc through swagbucks. I love them on my Target app. I just went 3 days ago to the Target store and had no problem using 4gc for 100.00 Disney gc. Nothing else was in my purchase.

This thread should be closed because it is confusing.

You CAN buy a Disney gc with a Target gc IN THE STORE.
You can't combine a Target gc with a RED card, unless you are buying other items. When you are shopping with both gift cards and a RED card, they will subtract the gift card first, and THEN subtract 5% of the rest of the order for your RED card.

You can also buy Disney cards with Sams, Costco, Best Buy, and Sears/Kmart (only in Kmart) cards IN THE STORE. There are limitations to how many gift cards you can use on the Sams website; the other websites I am not sure about.

As always, YMMV. Things change. All of this was true this morning, but things change. Do not buy gift cards for a store unless you don't mind shopping there for something other than Disney cards (speaking from experience! - Does anyone need Gamestop cards?).

I must have missed it...oh, well. Now what do do with my $100 worth of target e giftcard? Shopping spree!

Go buy a bunch of stuff at target with the gc. Then return it and get cash back. Unless they will only put it back on another card? Seems like a pain tho

I must have missed it...oh, well. Now what do do with my $100 worth of target e giftcard? Shopping spree!
You can load them on your phone, and they can be scanned at the register.
You can bring them into the store, and take them to the service desk, and ask for a combined card.
You can use them to buy cheap souvenirs. I found a $1 Mickey Mouse notebook that I added a label to, and it became our autograph book. Target sells lots of Disney clothes and toys, and if you wait for a sale, you will can do holiday gift shopping and park souvenir/pixie dust shopping. Check out the clearance area - ours always has Disney tote bags and notebooks for $1-3.

You can load them on your phone, and they can be scanned at the register.
You can bring them into the store, and take them to the service desk, and ask for a combined card.
You can use them to buy cheap souvenirs. I found a $1 Mickey Mouse notebook that I added a label to, and it became our autograph book. Target sells lots of Disney clothes and toys, and if you wait for a sale, you will can do holiday gift shopping and park souvenir/pixie dust shopping. Check out the clearance area - ours always has Disney tote bags and notebooks for $1-3.

They have a lot of cute graphic tees including Star Wars, Disney characters and Marvel. Much cheaper than at the parks too.

Pretty sure I saw this warning a month or two ago? You can still do it in a physical store, just not online.
Yes! I did this yesterday. Bought a gift card from target online and used it in store for a disney gift card. I did do self check out at a suggestion if someone else.

That's a lot of shenanigans. No thank you.
I keep it simple. I buy Disney GCs at Target and get 5% off. That's it. No rearranging my life and schedule to get a few bucks. Not worth it (for me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter