Tables in Wonderland

Hoping it will be back this fall, but like so many things, its anybodys guess if or when it will return.

When I was there in late November of 2020 I was told that they are being VERY liberal with expirations. To the point where I was led to believe by a few cast members that they aren't even looking at the date anymore and just accepting them.

In Feb. every server looked at our date and reminded us that it expired at the end of the month. We said we were sad to see it go away and they mentioned that people have been trying to use them beyond the extension, so maybe at one point they looked the other way but they certainly weren't for the 10 days in Feb.

Are you all getting the four month extension as per:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/
Our expiration date as printed on the card is 01/31/2021 so I am expecting to be able to use it until the end of May based on the information at that link.
Yes, our expiration date was Feb. and Guest Relations at Epcot told us it’s extended to end of June. We used it several times in March and expect to use it again in June.

When I emailed that department at the end of February when our card expired, the response was that they do not know if or when they will be selling new cards. That their office remains closed.

What do you think the chances are of TiW returning to WDW? Do you think it's dead in the water for the foreseeable future until more places re-open or do you believe it's never coming back?

I think it is likely to come back at some point because Disney makes money on it (the independent restaurants mainly fund it)

As much as I love the TiW card, I think we will only see it come back if they need it to fill signature restaurants.

I don't believe TIW was designed to fill Signature restaurants specifically. When it first appeared, it was mostly marketed to local annual pass holders as a way to entice them to visit regularly - and not just in the parks. Unlike most resort guests, this group has other dining options and Disney wanted to capture some of that market. DVC members were added to that mix for similar reasons.

I think it will return, but not until all restaurants are open and capacity is no longer reduced.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter