TA book at our open window, or do it myself?

Bsmitty

Mouseketeer
We used DU TA to book our upcoming cruise, for the onboard credit, basically. If we have the TA book our PAT, meet n greets, Palo, etc is there any advantage? Do they get earlier access or have better advantage to get what we want booked? Or is it the same as if I do it myself at our opening window? We're on a NYE 7 night EC on the Fantasy, Silver Castaway members.

We used DU TA to book our upcoming cruise, for the onboard credit, basically. If we have the TA book our PAT, meet n greets, Palo, etc is there any advantage? Do they get earlier access or have better advantage to get what we want booked? Or is it the same as if I do it myself at our opening window? We're on a NYE 7 night EC on the Fantasy, Silver Castaway members.

Unless they are willing to be up at midnight, do it yourself - otherwise I'd imagine you'd be waiting until s/he got "in the office" in the morning putting you behind everyone who was up at midnight doing it themselves. There is no "early access" for TAs.

I would stay up and book my own PAT and excursions at midnight eastern time. Regardless of TA. But that's just me.

I trust no one. Especially TA's. Nothing personal.

Of course as newbie there won't be much to book. lol. Sorry. It seems everything is available in advance to everyone who has sailed prior. Or paid more for a higher class cabins. It really does put the newbie at a disadvantage.

Did the DU TA say they would book all your desires at midnight? I find that thin, at best. Although some will do this.

If so, I need their # and info. Because there are some days I just can't do midnight.

Book your own stuff at 12:01 Eastern time, IMO.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I'd book it myself. I did have my TA add our passport numbers in advance, so that was 1 less thing I had to do at online checkin.

You should plan to book this yourself. For anything that requires picking a time such as PAT or PALO if the time you asked for is not available an alternate time must be selected. You are better able to determine which times work for you than your TA can.

I agree with booking it yourself. As the PP said, you are best able to decide on specific times of things, depending on what is available at the time.

I'm more on the fence about doing it at midnight. (Though that is what I did.) In retrospect, I'm not sure anything was available at midnight that day that wasn't available the next morning. Plus, sometimes one of the two systems (Activities or check in) is not functioning right at Midnight. How late do you want to stay up hoping it starts working? There was one activity we wanted that didn't have all nine spots we needed, even at midnight (since we were first time DCLers), but over the next few days, we got the other spots we needed one at a time as people cancelled. So if we did it the next morning, it might have taken us a few more days to get all the spots, but we probably still would have. Depends mostly on your flexibility and risk tolerance.

If you don't get everything you want or a preferable PAT, keep checking back over the next days and weeks. It may open up.

Thank you for all of the advice! I'll just book myself. I'm on the west coast, so luckily midnight EST is early in my book.

I listened to one DIS podcast where they explicitly said they recommend people doing their own check in and activities booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter