Switching resorts - how much of a pain?

Auntie_Maim

Mouseketeer
I'm mulling ideas for a bucket list trip in a couple years. During Food and Wine Festival, I would like to spend a couple days at Grand Floridian and then move over to Yacht/Beach.

Do I have to make separate reservations for the two hotels?

Will Disney help me move my stuff from GF to Y&B or should I do that on my own?

Any tips for making the switch go smoothly?

Yes, you have to make two separate reservations. Yes Disney will move your luggage, you just call bell services either the night before or morning of and they will come get the bags and send them to the 2nd resort. They do not guarantee they will be there before 3. I do a lot of split stays and I've found if you actually check out of resort #1 before leaving it will go smoother. I just call the front desk on the phone before I leave the room. Even though I do on line check in, I always go to the front desk of resort #2 to just let them know I'm there in case a room can be ready early. It's not necessary though, if you do on line check in you will get the text when your room is ready. I drive down so I call and check out of resort #1 around 7:30 just because I'm up then, drive over to resort #2 and either leave my bags in my car and go check in or drop my bags off with BS and park then go check in. If my rooms ready, rarely, I go ahead and go up then off to a park, if it's not ready I just go off to a park and when I get the text the room is ready if I'm ready to go back, I do, otherwise I go back whenever I'm ready. I don't know about if you transfer your bags from another resort but if you leave your bags with BS because your room isn't ready, you have to be in your room and call down before they will bring them up, they will not deliver them to the room without you being there. They might do it if you transfer them though.

[QUOTE="loves to dive, post: 56683690, member: 394329". I don't know about if you transfer your bags from another resort but if you leave your bags with BS because your room isn't ready, you have to be in your room and call down before they will bring them up, they will not deliver them to the room without you being there. They might do it if you transfer them though.[/QUOTE]

Nope. You still have to be in your room for them to bring your bags up.

it is very easy. we went from Polynesian to Animal Kingdom Lodge with no issues. Went to the part during the day and luggage was there when we go to Animal Kingdom. My wife worried about it but we will do it again it was so easy.

We did our first split stay a few weeks ago. I was worried at first, but it went well. We went from the Polynesian to AKL. Since we always drive,on the day of the swap, we packed up our things, called bell services, and let them hold our things while eating breakfast. After breakfast, we packed up our truck, and headed to AKL. It was also our AK day. Our room was ready at check in as well, which was a plus, but if it hadn't been we would have left bags with Bell services again, and headed straight to AK.

It will all go smoothly and remember to reject your extra set of magic bands online before they ship otherwise they will mail you another set OR you can just keep them as a fun extra souvenir OR get a different color :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter