"switching-off"...

two*little*birds

DIS Veteran
Or whatever you call it... call me blonde but I just don't get it. Can someone explain this to me in plain english (aside from the guide).

Thanks

Baby Swap: Both you and your spouse get in line with your child. One of you rides with the child while the other waits. When the ride is over, you then get to go with your child after your spouse gets off the ride. They do this so that no parent has to miss the ride. This is my recollection of how it works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...it's been a lot of years since we had to use this (our sons are 21 and 19!).

Baby Swap: Both you and your spouse get in line with your child. One of you rides with the child while the other waits. When the ride is over, you then get to go with your child after your spouse gets off the ride. They do this so that no parent has to miss the ride. This is my recollection of how it works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...it's been a lot of years since we had to use this (our sons are 21 and 19!).

Our kids are 2 and 4, I was thinking it was something like they stop the ride if your child completly freaks out or something... or like you said a "baby swap".

I think this is backwards. There's no need for a parent to wait if the child can go on the ride. Everyone could go together.

The baby swap is used when a child can't go on a ride. One parent can stay with that child, while the other parent rides alone or with an older sibling. Then the parent that waited with the younger child can ride without having to wait in the standby line.

Actually, to correct the previous post, they no longer allow children under the height limit to get into the queue. Here's how it works:

1. Entire party approaches the CM at the entrance of the attraction. Tell him/her you have a child too small to ride and you would like to "baby swap" or "rider swap."

2. CM will give you one "rider swap pass." All riders who are going on the first round then either enter the stand-by line or give their Fast-Passes to the CM and enter the FP line. Adult staying with the child(ren) then moves off to the side or goes shopping or finds a place to rest and wait.

3. After the first group exits the attraction, the adult who was left behind then takes the rider swap pass and up to 2 more riders (pass is good for 3) back to the attraction's entrance. Give RSP to the CM and enter the FP line and enjoy the attraction.

4. Meet up with the rest of the group at the exit.

Notes: (A) The RSP does not have a time limit on it, so you don't have to use it right away, you could go back later that day. (B) RSP are only available at attractions that have height limits. (C) You can only get a RSP if you have children too small to go on the attraction. They are not for instances where a child is big enough but too scared to ride.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for correcting me. I knew after I wrote that that it didn't sound right. Boy, am I getting old (is senility far behind?)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter