Switch and SAVE - what would you do?

carcam51

Mouseketeer
Currently booked at CSR June 3-10, 2017 - we are 2 adults and 2 teen boys - 7 day hopper with dining (1TS, 1QS) for a rate of $5398.00. TA just released exclusive rates and if I switch to POFQ or PORiverside I can reduce the rate to $4915. What would you do? Would you switch or would you wait to see what other discounts come out? Tell me your strategy!!!

Here is what we did. We booked a couple of weeks ago for a standard room at the CBR. Today I went to see what discounts were now live and there was nothing for what we reserved. Four phone calls later it was confirmed. If we switched to Pop Century we'd save $600 and (possibly) get a king bed instead of two queens. So we're switching and using that $600 to enhance our food and drink experience.

Have you ever stayed at CSR, POFQ, or POR? I would take the least expensive option unless there was some very specific reason why you wanted to stay at CSR. All of those resorts are great!

Have you ever stayed at CSR, POFQ, or POR? I would take the least expensive option unless there was some very specific reason why you wanted to stay at CSR. All of those resorts are great!

I have stayed at CSR but the other three people (DH and 2DSs have not) - none of us have stayed at POFQ or POR. POR and POFQ are priced the exact same so now it's just about trying to decide which one!

We love POR. My husband will only stay there. After a long day at the park, we find it very quiet and relaxing. We also like the boat into Disney springs. We often walk over to pofq for dinner and beignets.

We love POR. My husband will only stay there. After a long day at the park, we find it very quiet and relaxing. We also like the boat into Disney springs. We often walk over to pofq for dinner and beignets.

Beignets are a MUST LOL...I was drawn to POR for those exact reasons - do you have any input on Disney transportation? Are the buses packed? I've read that they share buses with POFQ.

Beignets are a MUST LOL...I was drawn to POR for those exact reasons - do you have any input on Disney transportation? Are the buses packed? I've read that they share buses with POFQ.

We only had a problem with the bus once after Fantasmic. It was packed and people were grumpy. We ended up getting off at FQ and walking back to our room.

CSR became my kids favorite once they were teens and still is. The pool, the amenities, the atmosphere was great for their age. I like the doors to the dressing area of bathroom so we have three spaces where folks can get ready or not bother others. Also more dining options than the other moderates and most resorts overall so with DDP, it's a great place to stay. Great buses.

POR is a nice resort and our second favorite moderate. It has all you need there but the pool/slide is geared for younger. The big plus is the boat to Disney Springs and a decent food court. Buses can fill quickly depending on time and bus stop but that wouldn't stop me from staying.

POFQ is very popular with young families, one reason is the pool is totally geared for the younger set and now has a splash pad with it. Hot tub not much bigger than mine at home. I would be hard pressed to go back here again since we are all adults now. Sometimes they share a bus, mostly off hours or lower attended parks (DHS/AK).

We've stayed at bot POFQ and POR. Love them both! Beignets are at the POFQ...they are FABULOUS!! French Quarter is the smaller of the 2, so getting to the Food Court, Gift Shop and Front Desk and bus stops is quicker. Can't go wrong with either, but if I had to choose I'd say POFQ. They do sometimes share buses with POR, but it's never really been a problem for us.

Thanks for all the great feedback. We decided to go with POFQ - it just seemed like it would be a really good fit for us - something a little smaller after being at the parks all day long!! Oh, yeah, and beignets!!!
Excellent choice! POFQ is my favourite of the three.

We love POFQ mainly for the compactness of the resort. You have the ability to boat to DTD (Disney Springs) or walk over to PO Riverside for a change of pace. Great choice for moderate! Enjoyl

I'm pretty happy with my decision, but should a better deal come about, I probably will switch again! I don't necessarily have a "home" resort - it would have to be a mod or dlx - DH isn't a fan of the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter