Swim Check In Day?

Kamy04

Mouseketeer
We are arriving into MCO in May at 9:30am, so we will be to our resort (POR) before Check In. If our room is not ready, are we allowed to swim until it is? Or do we have to wait until we are officially checked in?

Thanks!

I almost always arrive at 9:30AM as well. It's a swim/resort day for us. Just make sure to pack any swim stuff you need in your carry on, backpack (our preference), or something easy enough to have with you at the pool. Note in some cases your room might not be ready even at check-in time, so just be prepared to be homeless most of the day.

Have fun!

Yay! Thanks! I know my boys will be more excited about swimming than the parks that first day. Kinda hoping our room is ready a little early, though, since DS2 coukd probably use a nap lol.

Yay! Thanks! I know my boys will be more excited about swimming than the parks that first day. Kinda hoping our room is ready a little early, though, since DS2 coukd probably use a nap lol.

We've taken DD2 twice now and have been stuck in that nap window with no room both times - it's brutal. Granted it's of my own doing by getting there WAY before check-in. Just be prepared!

We did that on our trip. You'll have a few options to swim actually. You can swim at the Ol' Man Lagoon, or one of the 5 smaller pools, depending on where your room will be. Just keep in mind that Ol' Man Lagoon is the only one that has towels available. But we stopped there to get some towels, then headed to the pool near where our room was going to be. Then when we got the text, and were ready to dry off and change, it was a quick walk to the room :)

We've taken DD2 twice now and have been stuck in that nap window with no room both times - it's brutal. Granted it's of my own doing by getting there WAY before check-in. Just be prepared!

Yeah it might get ugly. Thankfully our only other plans are a 7:30 Chef Mickeys. Figure even then if he naps 3:30-6 or something we should be okay. In theory. Maybe. Lol.

Yeah it might get ugly. Thankfully our only other plans are a 7:30 Chef Mickeys. Figure even then if he naps 3:30-6 or something we should be okay. In theory. Maybe. Lol.

Good luck!

At Poly over the summer we went to the Oasis pool and grabbed an out of the way chair and basically made her a little bed/nest with a bunch of towels. She actually fell asleep for about 15 minutes until a loud group of kids ran by and woke here up!

We do this every trip, since we arrive early around 9:30am. We wear our bathing suits under our clothes, so if our rooms aren't ready, we'll go straight to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!