• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan or Dolphin?

kellympmo

Mouseketeer
I may be down in the Orlando area for work the beginning of August. If I were to swing it to get work to put me in either the Swan or Dolphin;) , which one should it be? I see that the Swan is more expensive-does that mean nicer? Which one has the better pool (for adults)? Is one resort more adult oriented than the other? Which would you choose?

Thanks for any info you can provide. We've only stayed at the Disney resorts and I am sure I can't swing that.:D

The Dolphin is much bigger and has larger public spaces and is a bit more...out of the ordinary. The entrance court is very nice and the lobby is HUGE! The rooms are bigger here than at the Swan but only by 20 square feet.
I felt the Swan is a bit more adult and just a hair more classy. The lobby is very small and uneventful but just past that is the small swan fountain room which I really like.
Each of the resorts has a large regtangular pool nearby and they share a freeform "grotto" pool which I think is where more of the kids go.

Swan v. Dolphin

The price difference at the moment reflects the fact that the Swan is all renovated, and the Dolphin is in the middle of its renovations. The Swan has all new "heavenly" beds. They both have their own nearby quiet pools and share the grotto though you are able to use any or all of them when you stay at either. They both have multiple restaurants to chose from, but even if you are at one it is a very short walk to the other. Either way you can't go wrong! Have a great work day vacation!

Debbie

DH and I stayed at the Swan in May but we did walk over and visit the Dolphin. We prefered the smaller more intimate feel of the Swan. We didn't see very many children the week we were there. There were quite a few conventioners but they were only noticeable once in a while.

Thanks for all of the advice! Hopefully my boss will not see through my thinly veiled plan. Although he & his family are disneyholics as well, so he probably will.;) I'm thinking Swan...I like the idea of the heavenly beds and the fact that it is not under renovation. Thanks again!

We always preferred the Swan because it was a little more "intimate" than the Dolphin but once we stayed at the Dolphin we loved it a little more than the Swan:p but frankly we really love them both. The Dolphin has a little more conveniences with Tubbi's being right downstairs, opened 24 hrs and the grotto pool is a little closer.

We're staying at the Swan in November because I'm just dying to try those "heavenly" beds! Nothing like having those after a long Disney day! As #1 hockeymom mentiioned, the price difference is because of the renovation completion at the Swan.

They were renovating the Dolphin during our last stay in May but I didn't even see anything going on.

From our experience they both have a mix of families and business travelers/conventioneers. The Dolphin is definitely much larger but it is a fun resort!

We've always preferred the "lap" pools at either of these resorts because they aren't so busy. The outdoor cafes are nice at both resorts.

You can't go wrong with either!!Good luck with that sell to your boss! The S/D are good places to stay for business!!

I like the Dolphin best but you just cant go wrong with either one. The Dolphin has Tubbies Buffeteria (did I spell that right?) and a soda shop as well as other big restaurants. The Swan has great views of Epcot and if you are in the right place you can see the top of Cinderellas castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter