Swan/Dolphin

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of doing a 3 or 4 night adult only trip. We DO usually stay OP and love it (we have stayed in a number of values/moderates...never deluxe). I was thinking that maybe the Swan/Dolphin would be something different, but still Disneyesque. I am an OP type of girl all the way :)

Any good/bad thoughts about it?

We are thinking of doing a 3 or 4 night adult only trip. We DO usually stay OP and love it (we have stayed in a number of values/moderates...never deluxe). I was thinking that maybe the Swan/Dolphin would be something different, but still Disneyesque. I am an OP type of girl all the way :)

Any good/bad thoughts about it?

I would definately do it. I have stayed there. My kids and i love it.

we stayed at the Swan in '11 middle aged couple, no kids. It was decent for the $129 or so per night range and yes, it gives you a disneyesque feel. Take a boat ride to YC/BC, stroll the boardwalk, (Flying fish cafe had excellent food but we ate there several yrs ago on another trip.) The swan seems to be a bit nicer and quieter than the dolphin, so I'd choose Swan between the two.

We stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago for a long weekend, girls only trip- me, dd and my mom. We loved it! The pool area is lovely, the boardwalk is right there and the boat service to great! I got a special rate for educators and thought the accommodations/ amenities were well worth the price.

Btw, this property accepts AAA for discounts on food/beverages.:banana:

I think the stay at the Dolphin may have been my mom's favorite trip! She still talks about it.:wizard:

I've stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin, and loved it!

The Swan I love because it's a bit smaller, the room felt cleaner and fresher. The Dolphin was still wonderful. When it's been just myself and the kids, we did a king bed and a sofa sleeper once, then once the room was too small for the sofa sleeper to open, so I had them take it out (yes they will do that if you tell them to) and bring in a rollaway bed instead. My DD and I can share a king bed, then my DS took the rollaway. When my DH was along on one trip, we got connecting rooms with one king and two doubles.

The service is good - we got room service a few times when we were tired from being out all day. It was always decent, and they had a kids' menu so the kids could get something appropriate for their appetites. I also went down to Kimono's a couple of times and carried out sushi - my son loves it (he is an expensive date).

The TV choices are much better than Disney resorts! They have movies on demand, which is nice after a long day (and you can watch it for 24 hours, so while getting ready in the morning replay it for the kids!). I wish Disney had that. It was nice to order food and let the kids pick a movie at the end of the day!

The location is the best at Disney, hands down. We go to Epcot almost every day or night, so walking there is great.

The pool area is very nice too, and the laundry room is right nearby. I'll do a pool/laundry afternoon every couple of days.

If it were a choice between any Disney resort versus the Swan or Dolphin, I would pick the Swan or Dolphin any day.

We stayed 2 nights at the Swan in 2010 on Delta SkyMiles and loved it! Thought it was as nice as any of the deluxe hotels at Disney. You get the same boat & bus service as any of the Disney resorts (except no Magical Express). We had an awesome view of the Boardwalk & DHS. We were in the front of the hotel above the drive on a higher floor.

Had dinner the first night at Picabu. It's cafeteria style but the price couldn't be beat. We had a family style rotisserie chicken dinner. Whole chicken, two family size sides, rolls for less than $25. And it was really tasty. Probably our cheapest meal of the whole trip.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Just being curious - how has everyone found these best rates for the Swan/Dolphin?

Rtn'd today from a week at Dolphin - loved it - great service. The walk to Epcot was a bit long but definitely doable. If you're not a walker there's always the boats.

We booked via Southwest Vacations so I don't know the exact price of the room however we noticed they didn't charge us any of the extra charges ($15 hotel fee, $15 parking charge and $15 for extra adult).

Starwood Hotels (Sheraton, Westin, etc.) has an American Express card that allows you to stay on points at the Swan and Dolphin. We stayed at the Swan for 6 nights on points 2 years ago and stayed at the Sheraton near Disneyland this summer for 6 nights on points. Sure helps the budget when you don't have to spring from lodging.

And the Swan smells so good in the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!