Sunpass??

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Here's my situation. I'll be driving from WDW down to the Ft Lauderdale area for a few days. Then, either dropping dh at FLL and returning to WDW in the car, or returning the car, at FLL, and taking a United flight back to MCO and DME to my WDW resort. The difference in cost is about $25. With my dd now living and working in Orlando, I see many more trips to WDW in my future, renting a car.
So, would it be advisable to just get a Sunpass now? The tolls between FLL and WDW are about $16..each way. I believe the cost of the Sunpass is about $35. Where can I buy one, around WDW? And is it activated when I buy it, or do I have to activate it online? It just seems to make sense to get one at this point.
Dh needs to be at FLL at about 4:30! So, I can drop him off and drive to WDW and arrive before 8am! Or, return the car and take an 8:00 flight and be at WDW around 10. Like I said, the cost is only $25 more if I drive...not including tolls/Sunpass cost.
Thoughts???

Diane, we bought a Sunpass transponder years before we actually moved to FL. Get the one with the suction cups so you can move it from car to car. You can buy it at lots of places near WDW, typically at supermarkets and drug stores. Or, just do it on line and have it mailed to you. https://www.sunpass.com/index

Just had one mailed to us in about a week to NC. We used it last Friday in Durham since there was EZ Pass tolls, worked great! Very easy process of ordering online plus they have a nice APP for it.

Just had one mailed to us in about a week to NC. We used it last Friday in Durham since there was EZ Pass tolls, worked great!
Just to head off confusion:

SunPass is not yet interoperable with E-Z Pass, but is interoperable with toll systems in Georgia & NC.

Just to head off confusion:

SunPass is not yet interoperable with E-Z Pass, but is interoperable with toll systems in Georgia & NC.

Good point, reasons why we went with SunPass is that we can use it here in NC but can't use EZ Pass in FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter