Summer TR at BCV, the theme was RAIN! - Complete 1/23/16

Even if you didn't get an early start you sure pushed it to the limit for the night.

I still have not been on WDW's Ariel ride. It's always been down when I've tried.

Nice pictures of the MSEP. I've hardly seen the parade so I'm not sure about an Eagle. I only got interested in it after PIO took some great pictures of it. I decided it would be a great challenge to photograph.

Great bus juju! Love it when the buses come together for you!

Even if you didn't get an early start you sure pushed it to the limit for the night.

I think EMHs were until 1:00am but there's no way we could have stay any longer. But I'm glad we got to MK, that was fun despite the rain.

I still have not been on WDW's Ariel ride. It's always been down when I've tried.

I like the queue better than the ride, but he ride has been growing on me. I just thought it was way too short the first time I rode it. And I hate that they rushed the ending, Ursula's death could have been a huge big scene and it was only a little blotch on the wall. I'm too critical I guess.

Nice pictures of the MSEP. I've hardly seen the parade so I'm not sure about an Eagle. I only got interested in it after PIO took some great pictures of it. I decided it would be a great challenge to photograph.

I don't know why I thought you had said something about the eagle. But I know it's ended the parade every other time I've seen it.

Great bus juju! Love it when the buses come together for you!

The first part of the trip we had fantastic bus magic!

Day 3:

This morning I woke up about 8:30 and mom woke up closer to 9:00. I did a little journaling, checked emails, and got ready for the day.

I completely forgot to say that last night when we were watching the parade at MK mom asked if we could go back later in the trip and watch the fireworks properly. The only night that that would work would be tonight, but we had reservations for Les Chefs de France. We were both ok canceling that dinner, but mom happened to decide this after 11:00 last night. I quickly got on my MDE app and was able to cancel dinner with no repercussions, so I’m not sure when they will charge the $10 cancellation fee.

Our daytime plans were to go to TL, the forecast had been close to 90 F, and sunny. When we woke up this morning the forecast had changed to 80% rain all day…. We decided to have breakfast, watch Bolt in the room, and see if the forecast changed again. Mom had some granola and milk, and I had a gluten free bagel with cream cheese. I failed on breakfast photos.

When Bolt was complete and the forecast still had rain all day we decided to change from TL to AK. We left the room at 11:15, took back the movie, and went to the bus stop. I had the ponchos.

We waited a full 20 minutes for the AK bus.

I had made FPs for MK for later, but tried to change them to AK to get the safari, but there was not a single FP for the entire day. No problem, we left the FPs for MK and decided to do walk-ons at AK.

We enjoy the animals in the Oasis, but not many were out

Plenty of construction going on all over the place

We stopped at ITTBAG. It was a full theater for the first time in who knows how long. It was fun to see it like that.

Fun show as usual, then we headed to the safari.

Mom stopped at the bathroom and I people watched. I thought the scary face on this guys head was too much.

Some ominous dark clouds made an appearance and it started sprinkling

And people started putting on their ponchos

I noticed a cute little bird having a feast

And then more guys joined the party

It really started raining so I took shelter at one of the stores. Mom found me and we went over to the safari, it had a posted wait of 50 minutes but we had nowhere else to be and we really wanted to ride it.

We finally put on our ponchos when a torrential downpour started while we were in line.

It really rained while we were in line, but we were safe under our ponchos and just waited it out. We ate some snacks while waiting. I had taken my waterproof camera instead of my big camera which I was glad. In the end we only waited 40 minutes and had a fantastic safari, but I did miss my big camera.

Construction even in the safari

These giraffes were super close and it was so cool!

And then there were so many in the trees!

I’m sad the only time I’ve ever seen the cheetahs moving I get a blurry picture…

Fantastic safari!!! Then onto the Pangani Forest Trail

He moved, must take another picture

More nests

Not many of the gorillas were out, and this guys looked like he was taking shelter from the rain

And I got the impression he was mad so many people were looking at him

The new area, we didn’t explore at all, we were rushing to get to the Flights of Wonder show.

But I did stop in the candy store because I’d heard they were selling dung shaped candies. Sadly those were only a promotion item for the first week of opening. I ended up with a ‘haystack’ basically little potato chips covered in peanut butter

When we got to Flights of Wonder we found out the show was cancelled. But they were allowing people in the auditorium to take shelter from the rain. We went in and sat for a few minutes and ate the haystack. I didn’t like it at all, but mom did. Then we went to the Yak & Yeti CS for some lunch. We got some fries and a veggie wrap to share.

Not gluten free but I didn’t bring any safe foods and needed to eat something. We both agreed it was quite delicious but the wrap they used broke apart way too easily.

Then we went to the Maharaja Jungle Trek

The tigers were not in a good position to get photos of but the bird house proved to be another area of activity

I know this isn’t a good picture but this bird looked quite curious

I think this fountain is so pretty

I was fascinated by the ducks up there

I wish my waterproof camera had a better zoom

Look at that big nest!

One last picture of the ducks

And then we headed out of the park, we needed to get over to MK. I can’t remember why we didn’t do EE, I don’t think we were in the mood.

These geese had such curly feathers, they were quite beautiful

Thank you for update on day 3. I hope you get your money back for LCDF! How nice to get to see the fireworks tonight. Something to look forward to.

I can see why TL got the big old boot! AK is a lovely park in the rain I recall you kindly pushing me in my wheelchair after a great safari in the rain.

I have heard that there is much construction. I do like the way they conceal it at least with nice barriers.

That little bird getting at feast at somebodies expense who dropped their snacks. Too funny.

Great photos of the safari. I just love the giraffes. So elegant. That haystack looks grim!

I have never noticed those lovely duck tiles on the Maharaja jungle trek. I must look. How pretty! It is possible they are at a level because I have a fused neck I cannot look up very high. But I am grateful for the photos!

Thank you for update on day 3. I hope you get your money back for LCDF! How nice to get to see the fireworks tonight. Something to look forward to.

No penalty charged for cancelling, so I'm not sure at what point they do charge for cancelling. I was glad there wasn't a problem.

I can see why TL got the big old boot! AK is a lovely park in the rain I recall you kindly pushing me in my wheelchair after a great safari in the rain.

I remember that day with much fondness :goodvibes:

I have heard that there is much construction. I do like the way they conceal it at least with nice barriers.

And they had informative posters on the construction walls which was cool. Information about the animals.

That little bird getting at feast at somebodies expense who dropped their snacks. Too funny.

I was quite amused! Too bad for the person who dropped them but they weren't going to waste!

Great photos of the safari. I just love the giraffes. So elegant. That haystack looks grim!

It was so cool that the giraffes got so close to us. The haystack will not be a repeat purchase.

I have never noticed those lovely duck tiles on the Maharaja jungle trek. I must look. How pretty! It is possible they are at a level because I have a fused neck I cannot look up very high. But I am grateful for the photos!

They are above the exit so that's probably why you hasn't noticed them before. I can't remember noticing them before either. There's always more details to be found at Disney :)

We had just left AK and took the very convenient bus over to MK. We had FPs for HM, Pooh, and Peter Pan. The bus was nice and empty when we got on and for some reason we sat apart. But it filled up quite quickly and a very loud family sat around mom. She escaped the noise by taking a little nap.

We got over to MK shortly after 5pm

We immediately got on the train

We took 1 1/2 laps around. It was very nice. We happened to sit next to a lady from California who had left her family to wait in line for 7DMT and kept comparing WDW to DL. Of course I’ve been to WDW many more times than DL, but I quickly fell in love with DL on my one and only visit and have been trying to get mom to go out with me ever since. I’ll eventually persuade her.

We got off at Fantasyland because I was wanting one of these little beauties. Mom didn’t want anything which was most unlike her.

Our FP for Pooh wasn’t until later, but the standby was only 30 minutes so we decided to go in. It was our immense bad luck to be in front of a family with the most spoiled children I’ve ever seen. They kept pushing ahead in line to play with all the toys, taking the bees away from other children, physically pushing me to get ahead, being absolute tyrants. The ride happened to stop when we were at the honey wall. We were stopped for at least ten minutes, and the children behind us just couldn’t contain themselves, they had to play with the honey. Their mom actually tapped me on the shoulder asking if the children could get closer. After the horrible behavior earlier all I wanted to say was that they needed to wait their turn. I instead said that can’t you see the ride is stopped? She ignored me completely and pushed her children in front of us where the children took over the entire screen. When the CM came around saying the ride was stopped and we could wait or leave we quickly decided to leave. I couldn’t be around those insufferable children a single more second.

We headed towards HM, our FP wasn’t for another 50 minutes but we wanted to see how long standby was.

We stopped in the Tangled restrooms

When we got to HM standby was 30 minutes. We got in line, but I happened to think, why not check MDE to see if I can change our FP. I was able to change it to 6:45, and it was currently only 6:43!!! So we decided to check out the new shop while we waited for our window to open. I didn’t know at that time that you can check in 5 minutes before your window.

Lots of cool things in the shop, I’m glad they made this

Then into our ride

We stopped in the music room and the graveyard, but I wasn’t able to get any good pictures. We’ve been stuck in the graveyard several times and I don’t care for it, it’s too creepy!

I had kept checking if a FP for 7DMT would pop up, but what instead popped up was one for the fireworks viewing area! Our FP for Peter Pan was quite late so that’s the one I changed. I was quite pleased since the main reason mom wanted to come back to MK was to see the fireworks and now we’d have a perfect spot.

Then we did Mickey’s Philharmagic, we really enjoy that show

And then we went on the Carousel, and long ago I had read that Cindarella’s horse had a gold ribbon around its tail. I kept looking for it as we waited in line and at last I spied it! When it was our turn to board we raced over to it.

Which one is cuter of mom? I like both.

Then it was time for our FP for Pooh, and thankfully no horrible children this time

Mom wanted to go in this shop, the details are too cute

Somehow I’ve never seen this window before, and if you know me you know I love Donald!

Then it was off to the Jungle Cruise. I’ve been wanting to ride it at night for ages and I was hoping to finally fulfill that wish.

More construction?

It only had a posted wait of 25 minutes but the line inched onward. I think we waited more like 40 minutes, and finally it was our turn. We managed to get the spider to jump. Even though I know it’s coming I can’t help but scream when it does jump.

It definitely has a different feel when it’s dark, very fun, and I’m so glad we waited. Then mom wanted to do the Magic Carpets, there was no line which was great.

Then it was time for us to find the fireworks viewing area. I was wary when they were doing all that construction last year but I must say it was very cool to have a nice spot to watch the fireworks without having to fight for a spot.

First the Castle show, which I haven’t seen in several years. It was beautiful. No photos, I was enthralled. Five minutes to the fireworks and it was a perfect spot, absolutely perfect.

Terrible photo but you can see the view

After that we headed out through the shops. I find that much better than going down Main Street. We also stopped and got some more Sorcerers cards on the way out, I’m glad I happened to remember that. We didn’t play the game this trip but I like getting the cards.

We headed out of the park and our bus magic continued, there was a BC bus waiting! Hooray! We were both so tired we didn’t stop for a movie but went right up to the room. I couldn’t even stay awake to write in my journal, I finished it the next day. What a marvelous day of vacation, despite the rain.

Another great update Pam.

Too cute Mom asleep on the bus. Sometimes the aircon on those buses! Too much. I feel like Elsa!

Mom hasn't been to DL? Oh my she must! Cute re the Pooh ride but oh my re the children. Sounds like they were full of honey that day.

I adore those Tangled restrooms which feels very wrong lol..the details!

The HM store is great. I see they do these awseome portaits of folks now they do from your photo.

Yeah to you getting Cindrella's horse. What is good for one Princess Pam is good for another!

The Jungle Cruise at night looks like jolly good fun. Must add that my list. I am looking forward to doing the Jingle Cruise at Christmas time. I hear they decorate it.

I like the sound of the Firework viewing area. What an improvement. We prefer getting out through the stores also but I always come out with an extra purchases. I stop and look at a plushy that I swear is new to my eyes. Of course Jo insists I must have it always citing the DVC or AP discount! Of course the best discount is not buying it lol..

I am pleased to read that your chariot awaited back to the BC. Where is that remote?

Looks like you had another great day. I think you can cancel ADRs without penalties up to midnight.

Yo really got lucky with the animals on the safari. What a shame about the naughty kids. You really lucked out with the HM Fastpass though and getting a Fastpass for the fireworks area on such short notice is wonderful.

We were just talking the other day about doing Jungle Cruise at night, but decided against it. Would you recommend it?

Corinna

You gals are certainly tougher than me. I couldn't hang at the parks in that much rain.

You had a great time in MK, but those kids sounded awful. I'm thinking that we might want to get those FP+ for the fireworks viewing area. I really hate fighting people for viewing.

Another great update Pam.

Thank you :)

Too cute Mom asleep on the bus. Sometimes the aircon on those buses! Too much. I feel like Elsa!

Too true! I need to bring a sweatshirt sometimes just for the buses! I need to find some sort of collapsible windbreaker that doesn't take up much room.

Mom hasn't been to DL? Oh my she must!

I'll get her there some day. She's convinced since she went when she was in highschool she doesn't need to go again. No matter that that was over 40 years ago...

Cute re the Pooh ride but oh my re the children. Sounds like they were full of honey that day.

Those children were absolute devils. And it's all the parents fault letting them do what they want. I was so disgusted being next to those people.

I adore those Tangled restrooms which feels very wrong lol..the details!

I agree! Not wrong at all, the Disney details are amazing, no matter where they put them. I just wish they had done more with Tangled.

The HM store is great. I see they do these awseome portaits of folks now they do from your photo.

Those portraits looked scary!

Yeah to you getting Cindrella's horse. What is good for one Princess Pam is good for another!

I was so pleased to have found that horse! It's the little things in life :)

The Jungle Cruise at night looks like jolly good fun. Must add that my list. I am looking forward to doing the Jingle Cruise at Christmas time. I hear they decorate it.

I wasn't impressed with the Jingle Cruise a couple years ago, but I've heard that they've done a better job since.

I like the sound of the Firework viewing area. What an improvement.

I loved that fireworks area. I think it was an excellent idea to put those in.

We prefer getting out through the stores also but I always come out with an extra purchases. I stop and look at a plushy that I swear is new to my eyes. Of course Jo insists I must have it always citing the DVC or AP discount! Of course the best discount is not buying it lol..

I have to agree with Jo on this one :)

I am pleased to read that your chariot awaited back to the BC. Where is that remote?

The remote was still MIA!

Looks like you had another great day. I think you can cancel ADRs without penalties up to midnight.

That makes much more sense about midnight. When I was trying to cancel the Via Napoli reservation the CM said 11pm the night before. Midnight makes much more sense.

You really got lucky with the animals on the safari. What a shame about the naughty kids. You really lucked out with the HM Fastpass though and getting a Fastpass for the fireworks area on such short notice is wonderful.

I couldn't believe how close the giraffes were. But I really regretted not having the big camera when I saw the cheetahs and lions.

Those children were dreadful. And the parents were no better. I usually have a pretty high tolerance for stuff, but that behavior pushed me to the edge.

It was so nice to get the fireworks FP, we both really enjoyed that. And the change to the HM FP was perfect!

We were just talking the other day about doing Jungle Cruise at night, but decided against it. Would you recommend it?

Corinna

Absolutely, going at night makes it much more mysterious. I enjoyed it immensely. It really felt like we were going through the jungle since there aren't that many lights.

You gals are certainly tougher than me. I couldn't hang at the parks in that much rain.

It was quite the adventure with all that rain! But the forecast just kept saying rain, so if we wanted to do rides we had to stick around. With the ponchos it wasn't bad at all.

You had a great time in MK, but those kids sounded awful.

Those kids were absolute devils. You could tell they get exactly what they want all the time.

I'm thinking that we might want to get those FP+ for the fireworks viewing area. I really hate fighting people for viewing.

I will definitely be getting the FP for the fireworks viewing area again. It was so nice not having to fight for a spot, and then having a perfect view on top of it.

Hi everybody :) just back from WDW with my friend from work. It was a great trip. We were able to spend time with Corinna several days and that made the trip extra special.

Sad news that I didn't want to share earlier. I lost my Conner after 14 1/2 years two weeks ago. I am still heartbroken and didn't want to talk about it on here when it first happened. He declined in one day. Within hours he went from walking to not having control of his back legs. When he started having trouble breathing I had to make the very difficult decision to take him to the vet. It has been a very difficult time for me.

It was good to get away, and it will be good to get away next week.

I hope everyone has been doing well.

Pam

Hello dearest Pam. Glad you had a good time with your friend. I am so sorry aboit dear Conner. He will be much missed I know. 14 1/2 years is a long time together and will take much adjustment. Thinking of you at this very difficult time. Jo sends her love and hugs too. Xxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter