Summer TR at BCV, the theme was RAIN! - Complete 1/23/16

We took shelter for a little bit

And then headed out again, we went to the shark reef. We stopped at the pearl shop for a little bit and a beautiful piece caught my eye. But it was $399. I made myself think about it first and we never made it back.

I thought this was a super cute pic of mom

I have very fond memories of swimming in here on my first trip when I was 6 years old

I never tire of the Disney details

From pictures I think we wandered around for 75 minutes. We stopped and got mom a hot chocolate and I was starting to get hungry. We decided we’d head back to the bags and head to AK. The animals love to be out and about when it’s raining.

Right as we got to our bags the sun started to come out again. We held out for a little longer and ate some of the cream cheese rolls I brought.

As we were eating they did end up opening the rides again. People literally were dancing in the streets! We decided to head out because it had gotten chilly. We gave up on the AK idea and decided to head back to the resort and relax in the hot tub.

We didn’t think anything of being directed to an Epcot bus because it was right next to BCV, but we would later. We had to transfer to another bus at Epcot but it was the next stop over and there was a bus waiting, it was perfect timing.

I liked how the steam looked in these pictures so I’m going to post them. I know they’re not perfect.

We stopped in the Marketplace and got the Rocketeer again, and then went to the DVC concierge and asked them to please get us a DVD remote, we were assured there would be one in our room later.

We relaxed in the hot tub for about half an hour and decided what to do next.

Now I must say that the rain did not ruin the morning for us, we still had fun wandering around.

Loving your upcoming plans. How fun for Christine to have that experience of Disney after 30 years absense! How perfect for her that she is lucky to go with an experienced Disney travellor like your good self. How fun to mert up with Corinna. Say Hi from me! We need to hear all about Hogwarts Express and the new additions at Harry Potter world! Pretty please...

Of course, I definitely must do a TR for that trip! So many new things!!!

I'm very excited to be going back :)

DL amazeballs. Sensible to drop the cruise. Heartbreaking but like you say you don't loose out completely still get to see Jennie and family, Fran and Alison.

I forgot to say that the cruise was due to be paid in full while I was on this trip, and I had to buy a new PAP. And my January trip is due while I'm away in October. I just couldn't do it all.

Looking forward to hearing all about that too.

Of course :)

Enjoyed reading your update on day 2! Why call it a lazy morning? It's a vacation! Oh my re your headache. Not nice I am sorry. I hope the medication melted it away.

We had an issue with a DVD player at SSR last year. We phoned reception they sent out some technical guys within 30 mins. We did not expect that! They said they covered SSR and OKW. Very impressed.

Oh I adore honey and PB sandwiches! No ponchos oh dear ( dramatic music ) I sense trouble..

That lazy river is brilliant at TL. I love this water park. Love your photos. Thank you. Oh my re rain where did that come from! Lightning? I'm out of that water like somebody screamed shark!

No funnel cakes are they crazy? I love that photo of Mom also.

Those birds of paradise flower photos are amazing.

Ohhh the hot tub just what you need. Loving the steamy photos too. Great update Pam. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed reading your update on day 2! Why call it a lazy morning? It's a vacation!

Because I know several people reading get up early for rope drop or close to it.

Oh my re your headache. Not nice I am sorry. I hope the medication melted it away.

I didn't write about it again in the journal so it must have left before we left the room. Thank goodness for that!

We had an issue with a DVD player at SSR last year. We phoned reception they sent out some technical guys within 30 mins. We did not expect that! They said they covered SSR and OKW. Very impressed.

That is very impressive!

Oh I adore honey and PB sandwiches!

popcorn::

No ponchos oh dear ( dramatic music ) I sense trouble..

::yes::

That lazy river is brilliant at TL. I love this water park. Love your photos. Thank you. Oh my re rain where did that come from! Lightning? I'm out of that water like somebody screamed shark!

I was so pleased I remembered the camera this time. Last time I hardly took any pictures.

No funnel cakes are they crazy? I love that photo of Mom also.

Sometimes Disney doesn't make sense.

Those birds of paradise flower photos are amazing.

Thank you :)

Ohhh the hot tub just what you need. Loving the steamy photos too. Great update Pam. Thanks for sharing.

The hot tub was just what we needed. :cloud9:

I love this idea!!! Somebody else had suggested the party but I had only looked at the one for October 1st. That wouldn't work because of Universal. I also didn't know if Christine would want to go to MK twice. I'm going to look at prices again. I don't know if I should ask her or just book it. Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie and I've been really torn about missing the Sanderson sisters. I'll let you know what happens. :)

That sounds good. Yes, please keep me posted.

What a shame about the weather, but the photos of the empty park are awesome. I am sure the hot tub felt divine after this.

Corinna

No shame on the late start! It's your vacation do what you want! We never get to the water parks, I think Fran doesn't like to wear her bathing suit. Sometime it would be fun to try one. I haven't been in over 20 years.

Shame the lightning closed everything down, but why the food? Strange. I hope it wasn't too much hassle getting back to the resort.

And to comment on another comment, I'm sure Alicia will comment, but she is actually about four hours from DL not two. Unless they drive REAL fast!

That sounds good. Yes, please keep me posted.

What a shame about the weather, but the photos of the empty park are awesome. I am sure the hot tub felt divine after this.

Corinna

I'm going to go ahead and book the party. I waited too long for the DL party and my date is sold out :sad:

You are right, the hot tub felt divine!

I really liked getting the empty park pictures, I thought they were really cool.

No shame on the late start! It's your vacation do what you want! We never get to the water parks, I think Fran doesn't like to wear her bathing suit. Sometime it would be fun to try one. I haven't been in over 20 years.

I don't like wearing my bathing suit either, but I realized I was missing out on a lot of fun things. We really love the water parks, I hope you can try them some time :)

Shame the lightning closed everything down, but why the food? Strange.

It was so odd that they closed the food stands. They kept some of the big ones open, but the smaller ones by the pool they closed. I can only think they closed because of the lightning, but it was so odd.

I hope it wasn't too much hassle getting back to the resort.

This time it wasn't, but it was in the future.

And to comment on another comment, I'm sure Alicia will comment, but she is actually about four hours from DL not two. Unless they drive REAL fast!

Ahhhh, that is much further than two hours. Thanks!

LOVING your TR and your photos are AWESOME!:cheer2: Despite the rain, looks like the vaca was GREAT!:woohoo:Relaxing in a hot tub after a long day on the go, even if the weather is rainy is the BEST!::yes::

LOVING your TR and your photos are AWESOME!:cheer2: Despite the rain, looks like the vaca was GREAT!:woohoo:Relaxing in a hot tub after a long day on the go, even if the weather is rainy is the BEST!::yes::

Thank you so much! :goodvibes We had a fabulous time despite the rain, and there's still a lot more to come :laughing:

Looks like you've got a trip coming up soon :) :cool1:

Day 2 continued.

I left off with us enjoying a warm soak in the hot tub at the Quiet Pool. We stayed about 30 minutes. We had an interesting chat with some people that come every year with a group of family that usually numbers 30. WOW! They usually stay 11-12 days, and always at the BCV. I can’t imagine that many people on vacation together.

We went up to the room at 5:00 and got cleaned up. Mom had the rest of her pizza from Via Napoli and I had the second honey/peanut butter sandwich that I had made for the morning. We watched Rocketeer from the beginning, mom said she didn’t remember anything from the night before… we still didn’t have a remote.

We had FPs for MK that evening and we needed to head over there. I was able to get us FPs for 7DMT, Splash, and BTMRR all specifically in the evening so we could ride them in the dark.. We left the room at 7:30 and I have us getting to MK at 8:27. We stopped in the Marketplace first and dropped off Rocketeer.

I didn’t leave our ponchos this time.

We hightailed straight over to 7DMT, our window was soon closing. I was happy to see some balloons.

We saw the new fireworks area for the first time. I must say I was impressed.

We reached our destination on time!

We only waited about 10 minutes inside. I enjoy this ride more and more each time I ride it. The first time I thought it was way too short but it gets better and better.

We started walking to Dumbo through New Fantasy Land, and decided to stop at Ariel

Terrible pictures but proof we went in

Then to Dumbo where it was a posted 70 minutes so we skipped it.

Our next FP was for BTMRR so we decided to take a train ride over there, but the entrance had a rope across it. I noticed a sign that said they stop running at 9:00. I think it was literally 9:03. Total bummer. So we walked back the way we came and the posted time for Dumbo was changed to 30 minutes. We had plenty of time until BTMRR so we stopped in at Dumbo.

We were told we could sit and wait in the play area. That was a first for us, usually we just go right through. Mom was getting antsy, she had no idea why we were waiting in there instead of riding Dumbo. I had no idea she didn’t understand that we still had a 30 minute wait regardless if we sat in the tent or stood in line. I explained later.

We chatted with a very nice lady who was there with her 3 kids. The kids were absolutely precious and it helped the time go by. Then it was our turn to ride!

And as we were waiting to board our Dumbo the heavens opened up again. We thought for sure they’d close the ride, but it was business as usual. We quickly donned our ponchos.

Then boarded our Dumbos, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally a CM came around asking if there was a phone in our Dumbo, someone had left their phone. It happened to be in mom’s Dumbo, sitting in a pool of water. But the phone was found and we got to ride! It was interesting in the rain that’s for sure. I’m so glad we had the ponchos or we would be beyond soaked.

Then it was time to head over to BTMRR. The fireworks had started, and we had to stop and watch a little while behind the castle. We should have just stayed and watched, but neither of us could decide if we’d rather go on a ride or watch the fireworks. If we had been faster we could have watched them while riding BTMRR, but we were a few minutes too slow.

Then over to Splash, I love this ride.

Mom had gotten to the second MB scanner and the CM asked ‘one?’ mom said ‘no, two’. I was still way down the passage taking a picture of this

When the CM said ‘is two invisible?’ mom started calling for me at that point… it gave us a laugh.

It was still raining so I’m glad we still had on our ponchos.

Then we stopped in a little store called The Briar Patch. I’d seen it many times but had no idea there was something inside. We were both pleasantly surprised by all the cute Disney touches in the ceiling.

These two guys caught my eye

Then it was time to slowly make our way out of the park, the rain had slowed down. We managed to catch the MSEP in it’s entirety on the way out. I took pictures of everything, I love this parade!!!

I did not remember this being before the train float

I can barely tell these are the donkey boys, sorry

Aren’t we missing something? Where is the American eagle? I think Alison had posted once that it didn’t come out when she last saw it? Oh well. At that point we headed out.

I loved this little window display

There was a bus waiting at our stop, I couldn’t believe our bus luck so far this trip.

An empty lobby? I should have taken more pictures but I didn’t have the energy.

We got back to the resort at 11:50, and mom wanted to see if the store was still open and get a movie. I didn’t have much hope because I remembered the AKV store closes at 11:00, but we were lucky, the Marketplace closes at midnight. We quickly picked out Bolt, I got some more soda, and we headed up to the room. We watched a little bit of the movie, I journaled a little bit, and then I went to sleep at 1:10.

Party booked for the 4th :) I was going to keep it a secret for Christine but I didn't even last a few hours. She's really excited too. This will be my first Halloween party ever :hyper:

I am so happy that I get to experience the party with the two of you.

You got a lot done despite the rain. It was a real bonus that you got to see the parade, too.

Corinna

Super update Pam! Wow re vacation with 30 other people. I can't imagine! Must be like a tour group.

You got some got FP+ to look forward to tonight in MK. Yeah for packing those ponchos ladies.

I just adore the sight of those balloons. It goes with the popcorn smell and the sight of Cinderella Castle!

I am impressed by the new Firework viewing area also.

The cottage looks pretty at night. Love 7DMT! You are so right it adds another dimension each time you ride it. Is that person with a high viz top a CM or guest? I just wondered if that is what the ride operators wear at night now for safety.

How cute Ariel ride. Never fails to disappoint!

I am pleased you managed to ride Dumbo we do enjoy this one. Jo loves making the cars go up and down with the lever! I squeal in delight. I do like those cute plushy's.

Those ponchos proved useful.

I really enjoyed the photos of MSEP thank you. I love those little insect guys like bees etc! Plus the turtle cute. Oh my the 7D is cool.

How nice to finish with a DVD of Bolt. I hope the remote turns up real soon!

Super update Pam! Wow re vacation with 30 other people. I can't imagine! Must be like a tour group.

Traveling with 30 people sounds painful to me! How do you make sure everyone is having a good time? and meals??? :faint:

You got some got FP+ to look forward to tonight in MK. Yeah for packing those ponchos ladies.

I was so pleased to get those FP+ and I wasn't leaving those ponchos behind again!

I just adore the sight of those balloons. It goes with the popcorn smell and the sight of Cinderella Castle!

I'm ready to go back :hyper:

I am impressed by the new Firework viewing area also.

I was worried when they were doing all that construction, but this is a really nice area.

The cottage looks pretty at night. Love 7DMT! You are so right it adds another dimension each time you ride it. Is that person with a high viz top a CM or guest? I just wondered if that is what the ride operators wear at night now for safety.

That looks like a guest scanning his MB. I don't think the CMs change their outfits for nighttime.

How cute Ariel ride. Never fails to disappoint!

This is one that I actually was really disappointed in when we first rode it. But like 7DMT it gets better each time. I just wish it was longer.

I am pleased you managed to ride Dumbo we do enjoy this one. Jo loves making the cars go up and down with the lever! I squeal in delight. I do like those cute plushy's.

Dumbo in pouring down rain was a bit strange, but still fun. I'm glad we still went on. I wasn't in a spending mood or those plush guys would have come home with me!

Those ponchos proved useful.

Yes indeed! ::yes::

I really enjoyed the photos of MSEP thank you. I love those little insect guys like bees etc! Plus the turtle cute. Oh my the 7D is cool.

I really love that parade!

How nice to finish with a DVD of Bolt. I hope the remote turns up real soon!

We can only hope about the remote.

:thumbsup2
Then it was time to slowly make our way out of the park, the rain had slowed down. We managed to catch the MSEP in it’s entirety on the way out. I took pictures of everything, I love this parade!!!

I did not remember this being before the train float

LOVE seeing yourGREAT pics of the electrical parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter