Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

Hi Summer

I am new to this forum (going to be a May 2010 DisneyBride!!)...just had to tell how much I have loved this TR...I have felt that I have been reading a mini novel!! It has taken me roughly 4 evenings to catch up from the beginning...I once spent until 3am saying to myself "just 1 more page" :)

I can't wait to read the rest...well done on your wonderful writing.

Jo

pjstevens - You are right, I so know you are, I guess I have to be strong and ignore the call of Disney which is getting stronger by the day. Every day I say I'm going to cancel it and every day I say "I'll do it tomorrow" I need to be sensible!!!

Pooh_Girl - Yes, I agree with you there, I am forever trying to convince DH about a little trip here and there. I even said if we didn't go to WDW, then maybe we could go to DLP instead, this was a no go however, I think we both realise it's not the real thing and we would be comparing it constantly.

Anna Marie - I would have loved to go in September but we just can't, I agree the free dining would be amazing and I love the hotter weather but neither of us have enough vacation time left for this year so it was New Years or nothing. Don't worry I am sure that one day our Disney trips will coincide;)

DisneyObsession - I am so sorry about this delay, I am hating not being able to update this as much as I used to. I am going to try my best to put up an instalment tonight, I am working in it right now. The verdict is still out on the Disney trip, read on to find out more...

MistressOfAllEvil - Thanks for reading along on my immense TR, I don't know if it will ever end. Yes, we did get oodles of pixie dust and for that I am really greatful, I couldn't have planned it better myself and believe me I would have tried! YAY :woohoo: another time travel lover:hug: I LOVED Quantum Leap!

meryll - Yup, we still have our romantic dinner on the balcony with a butler, our Universal trip, Seaworld:mad: and even our Disney Cruise, bring it on I hear you say? You did say that didn't you?:rolleyes1

The Charmed One - YAY, I haven't 'seen' you in such a long time, I hope you are keeping well. I am enjoying my job but it's keeping me busy. Glad you're still reading along and enjoying my trippie, there is still loads to come...

farjojo - Congrats to you :cheer2: and I'm glad you decided to stop by, I hope my TR may be of help to you. I am so interested to find out how many words I have written, I bet you it's up there as a novelette. May 2010 will come round before you know it, I ownder if my TR will be finished before then:lmao:

Okay, so I have been away for a long time...again, I hear you say! Well I have been really busy. First of all, Steven and I talked and we decided to cancel our WDW trip for the New year, sensible thoughts keep messing up my head and I know it's the right thing to do. However, when life gets you down and you realise that you no longer have a Disney trip to look forward to, it all becomes way to real.
So we seem to be at a stale mate. Yesterday Steven had a bad day at work and said 'to hell with it, just put it on the credit card' I must admit a huge smile appeared on my face! But in the cold light of day it becomes apparent again that we need to decorate the house, however much it pains me to say that the money is better spent elsewhere. Stay tuned to see if I feel this way next week:rolleyes:

So my busy life has consisted of working, decorating and researching, researching, researching! We are down to 10 months before we go to Canada, assuming the house sells when it's supposed to. So yes, the research and decorating has been stepped up. I can assure you though that I will find the time to finish this TR. I NEED to finish it.

It is our first anniversary this month and I can't believe a year has almost passed since we said our vows, well you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun...

We woke up eager to see MGM properly. Our last visit was pretty much a wash as we had both been exhausted after the MK Shoot.

Neither of us were that hungry but we agreed to go upstairs and take advantage of the spread that The Grand Floridian laid out every day. I was very surprised at the amount that was on offer, luckily it wasn't that busy so I decided to sample a few things! I thought I wasn't hungry, but that was before I bit into a cheese Danish! I had never tried this before; I had this idea of a cheddar Danish, which I thought sounded horrible so I always chose against it. Steven had assured me that it was really nice so I gave in and picked one up. OH MY GOD, these were outstanding, notice I say the word these, yup, I had two, I would have had more but I didn't want to appear greedy :)

Steven had decided to be healthy and went for assorted melon with yoghurt. I love melon and picked up some honeydew and watermelon, that and my Danish was enough to fill me until lunch.
We decided that for the majority of the week we would come here for breakfast.

Skipping over to the bus stop (well I did) Steven and I talked about what we wanted to see at MGM this time. Knowing this would be our last chance here, we were determined to see as much as possible.

The bus arrived quickly and we all piled into the ice box on wheels. Although it was still early it was shaping up to be a scorcher. We pulled up to MGM within 10 minutes. You know I was sure that amongst all my research, many websites had stated how terrible the shuttles were and how inconsistent they were. So far we had no problems with the buses, or boats or monorails; this was all a load of nonsense if you ask me. We rarely waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus and quite often we were on it for even less.

So MGM was ready to be busted by us was it? We headed straight for the hat, as I'm sure most people do:

Untitled-1-31.jpg

It was a pretty cool focal point!

I was determined to go on 'The Great Movie Ride' I heard this was pretty good and although the wait time was long, we decided to go for it as I knew it was a quick loader (it pays to research!)

Untitled-2-24.jpg

We stood for what seemed like ages but luckily the queuing area was interesting, they had props and costumes from different movies which I was intrigued with. Once we got inside there were several TV screens showing clips of movies that I assumed would be part of the ride. Again, I never pay attention to these things, I am not the most patient person and not one pre show has appealed.

We weaved in and out of the posts as we moved forward and a CM noticed that we had on our 'Just Married badges. He of course made a big deal about this and said that newlyweds shouldn't have to wait in a queue and ushered us to the front. He made us wait to board the next tram as he thought it best that we had the front seats!!! Woo Hoo, I loved these badges, without them I dread to think of all the things we might have missed! Top tip, wear those badges!!!!

So we waited and secured seats in the front row, right beside our usher. I hadn't read too much about the ride as I don't like to spoil the surprise to myself, but I always research a bit to see whether or not there is any point coming on the ride at all.

We were all seated and we began or tour. Our usher seemed quite nice, a bit bored if I'm honest, like she was at a Drive-Thru. She didn't have much to say, out with her lines that she had clearly memorised to a tea. She did have nice make-up though…

We approached musical scenes of 'Singin in the Rain' and 'Mary Poppins', I have never seen the latter, yes I know, blasphemous right? I have just never got around to it, but I have seen 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks', go figure! Anyway, 'Singin in the Rain' is a brilliant movie and the scene they show is of course the most memorable.

We then stop in a 1930's movie set, tribute to James Cagney I think, and while stopping at a red light our usher gets involved in a shoot out (no worries, no one was hurt in the making of this) our guide disembarks our vehicle (how dare she) and leaves it to the remaining gangster to steal. So we are in the hands of Mugsi, who may overact, but is entertaining none the less.

We enter Indiana Jones territory which I really enjoyed, our hijacker leaves us here after being tempted by a jewel. She should know better, has she never seen the movie, since when is Indy ever able to just take the jewel with no consequences? Okay, ignore the warnings, bye bye Mugsi.

Our usher joins us again for the remaining part of the tour; I guess she picked up a coffee in her break as she appeared slightly more animated. We moved on to view scenes of 'Tarzan' and the famous scene of 'Casablanca'. Of course dancing brooms are next and the magical 'Fantasia' scene.

Now I always knew the best and brightest would be saved 'til last, and it didn't disappoint. 'The Wizard of Oz' probably the all time best Disney movie, was the final scene. The colors were so bright I almost had to put on my sunglasses to view it. I was being welcomed home by the munchkins, that's a trip, I tell you! After seeing the Wicked Witch of the West argue with our guide, she disappeared in a puff of smoke. The munchkins returned and sang there little hearts out as we all took the yellow brick road to the Grand Finale…

We stop in front of a big screen and watch a fast paced montage of some of the greatest movie scenes of the century.

I enjoyed this ride, it was a slower pace than I'm used to but it was interesting and entertaining. I wouldn't say it was a must do but it was worth visiting and I would likely return. It was maybe a bit overlong but if you did have to stand a long time in those queues, you at least want to make sure you get your time back!

We exited the ride and we headed straight for Indiana Jones. Steven had been going on and on about this since the last time we visited MGM. I promised we would see the show, no matter what, so off we went.

Coming up…

Indiana Jones and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, OH MY GOD!!!

Yea Summer you are back!!!! So sorry you had to cancel your trip, but I really understand where you are coming from. You need to get the house sold so you can move to this side of the pond. Why is it that people from over there call it a pond? It's so massive (the ocean) where to us (on this side) ponds are usually pretty small body of waters. Sorry just keep thinking of that and didn't know the answer.

I'm so glad you are continuing your TR. I can't believe it's almost your 1st anniversary!!! WOW time does fly. Thanks for sharing your wedding and honeymoon with us. Can't wait for the next update.

And tell Steven to not tempt you with the trip, cause you could so easily call Disney and book that with his credit card, lol.

HURRAY! You're back!!! Happy (early) 1 year anniversary! Our 5th is coming up next week :goodvibes I bet still writing your TR keeps all those memories so alive, so take as long as you need!! Sounds like you have been really busy...the summer always keeps me busy, I'm looking forward to the fall when life will slow down a bit.

more please, can you get your trip finished before we go on ours?? we have 26 days left so please

YEA SUMMER YOUR BACK!!! I so missed your installments. I know what you mean about the spread they provide at the Grand...soooo good! We ate something every time we passed it I think :rotfl: ...gotta love free food! I can't wait to hear more...you so intrigued me with the butler thing. I'll be waiting :surfweb:

Anna Marie

Welcome back, Summer! :cheer2:

It is so good to "see" you! I know how busy life can get! I am still making myself crazy juggling work and school but I am almost done!! After this semester I have only 1 more class!! I am so excited! I am hoping to take a quick weekend trip to WDW to celebrate in Nov or Dec.

I am actually taking a pretty exciting trip later this month for work. I am going to China!! I can't believe it! My company is an Olympic sponsor and I will be reporting back via blogs. I am still pinching myself to see if it is real! It will be quite an adventure! :thumbsup2

Well - got to run! Just wanted to hop on and say a quick hello and an early "Happy Anniversary"! I can't believe that it has been a year already! Time sure does fly!!

:wave:

Welcome back! :hug: I was very excited to see an installment when I signed on today! WOHOO!!!

"The Great Movie Ride" is a must do fo us every time we go to Disney, and I'm sure we'll ride it again in Sept. I don't remember the interaction with the Wicked Witch at thje end......something new to look forward to! :banana:

Sorry about the cancelled trip...it stinks when we have to be "grown-ups" and make "responsible" decisions. The good news is Disney will be there when you're able to make it back! :thumbsup2

Summer sorry you had to cancel the trip but like everyone else I understand why. Great update so glad to see you again. I love Indiana Jones, hope you two loved it as well.

Yippee Summer your back!!!!!! Happy early 1 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about your trip. I know that sucks, but I hope everything with your move goes smoothly.

I can't believe you can continue with such great detail after a year! You have an amazing writing talent!!

Sorry you had to cancel the new years trip! Sucks to be responsible doesn't it.

I just wanted to make another quick post to tell you I miss you Summer...and to bump your amazing trip report to the top of the list ;) Can't wait to "see you" again!

Anna Marie

Another great installment of your wedding report, I just love reading them. Can't wait for more.

Hope you are both well.

Summer -- I LOVE reading every installment you post! Your day at MGM sounds like so much fun! Oh, and you didn't say how the coffee was at the concierge setup at the Grand Floridian; glad you loved the cheese danish. Definitely one of my favorites, the other being melon & yogurt. :goodvibes More! More!

Firstly sorry it has taken me so long again to get back on here, this redecorating of our house is taking it's toll, we never have any time left and I have very limited time on the boards these days. I keep saying to myself that it's a temporary sacrifice to move to Canada, so if that's the way it has to be, that's the way it has to be I guess!
I hate being so lax on the updates though, so I am going to try and make every update a big one to tide you all over until the next one.

Thanks for all the well wishes on our anniversary, we had a quiet 1st anniversary as we are heading down to England (Alton Towers) for a few days in a couple of weeks time. We figured we needed a break and we will hopefully come back rejuvinated, ready to finish the house.

We had a quote on our kitchen and it looks like it will be getting started in early October. It is slightly more than I would have hoped for, but in today's market, we need all the selling power we can get and a new kitchen is a huge selling point!

Patricia - Why do we call it a pond you ask? To be honest I don't know, I always think of a pond as a little pool of water and as you say the ocean is hardly that. Sorry I can't give you an answer, although it could be because we really aren't that far away, not when you think it only takes 6hrs to get to New York from here...
Our cancelled trip, although still not official, is on my list to be done. I am not as disappointed as I was initially as all my thoughts at the moment are going into Canada, so just now I feel okay. Thanks for your thoughts though!

MUDisneyCouple - Thank you, I hope you had a wonderful 5th anniversary, my how time flies! I am hoping that this TR never ends in a way, but I will also be glad as I intend to read it from start to finish!

orangetiggs - I am really sorry but that is impossible, you are almost there now and I still have a week and a half to write about, including Universal, SeaWorld and The Disney Line Cruise...

Anna Marie - I hate leaving my updates so long, but I am trying my best to get them up but time is huge factor at the moment. Yes, we loved the Grand and if I had the money I would go back there in a flash, I just loved our view more than anything. Glad to see you still reading along, I will try not be so much of a stranger!

angel*lady - Wow, I hope you had a wonderful trip to China, did you enjoy the Olympics? I loved them, some of the best I've seen! I have to admit that I am a USA supporter and I was devestated when both the women and men dropped the baton in the heats for the relays. Athletics are my thing, but I watched the swimming for Michael Phelps who was fantastic.
I hope you get a trip to WDW to celebrate your graduation, you will be so happy to finally get your life back after all that studying! Glad to see you back too.

DisneyObsession - Yes, the way I look at is that there will likely be more things to see and do when we go back next time, plus 2 weeks in Disney does not make up for a lifetime in Canada. Short term it seems fantastic, but in the light of day, Disney will always be there, our chance to get to Canada won't be. Sorry about the delay of instalments, I am trying to get more up.

DisneyLaura - Thanks. Indiana Jones is up next, still have to see the new movie too. My mom would have loced the show so I am regretful she didn't get to see it. From our seats he really did look like Indy!

Pooh_Girl - Thanks for the well wishes, we had our favourite Chinese and was going to have the bottle of Champagne that we received from the Grand Floridian, but I have decided to keep that for the day we have our plane tickets in hand, confirming we are going to Canada!!!

29apr00 - Thank you for the compliments, I am surprised myself as I didn't write anything down. I know I have a very good memory, but I remember loads of things of little importance too, Steven is so surprised I can remember not only what I ate in Disney, but what he ate too:lmao:

Anna-Marie - Thank you for the bump, again, sorry that I am being so lax, I am going to try harder, I promise. Even if I sign on now and again with a small update, I guess that's better than nothing.

The Charmed One - We are both doing really well, looking forward to our trip to Alton Towers and staying at the Alton Towers Hotel:woohoo: it's not Disney, but it's something! Hope you are doing well too!

keenercam - Thanks for posting. Hmmm the coffee, well I fell in love with the coffee in Disney full stop. In fact I came home and bought a percolator just so I could have my coffee. I took all the extra coffees from our hotels in Disney but for some reason it just doesn't taste the same here. The melon at the Concierge station was Steven's favourite, I'm more of a Donut girl, if my weight could handle it though;)

So without further ado, you know I should get plenty of brownie points for this long post! Mmmmm, Brownies!

Okay I swear I have a post almost ready and it's a doozie, even if I do say so myself:thumbsup2
I was hoping to post it within the next hour but my hubbie called and said he is on his way home now as he managed to get tickets to Flashdance at the theater!:banana: The show starts at 5pm and I am not even close to being ready, where is my red cinderella skirt?:eek:
So I have decided that I will promise to post my instalment tomorrow as we will likely go past his younger brothers house to discuss our upcoming trip to Alton Towers (Theme Park, for those that don't know) as him and his girlfriend are going with us! Might also play some Beijing Olympics on the PS3 too, well might as well while I'm there;)

See you all tomorrow!

Have fun at the show, sweetie! Can't wait to see the next installment. Good luck with the kitchen renovation, BTW. We went through that last year. It is a hassle while it is happening, but you'll get through it! :thumbsup2

Yey, looking forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

Haven't been to Alton Towers for a couple of years, but I love their coasters!

And have fun at the theatre tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter