• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Such thing as a service to pick up my bags at MCO?

chaoslobster

Mouseketeer
I tend to talk too much so let me try to keep this short. I'm disabled, I fly to Disney every year with my scooter. I travel alone and meet a friend at Disney a few days later because I like to have some Me time. So I am alone at the airport.

Because my scooter comes on the plane and I can't walk, I have to wait on the plane after we land until my scooter is brought right up to the plane. I don't get off until 10, 15 minutes after everyone else.

This wasn't a problem all the years of Magic Express. Now it is. I've been to Disney twice since the end of Magic Express and both times by the time I got off the plane and down to bag claim my luggage was gone, to Lost and Found. I move as fast as I can the instant i get off the plane, not even stopping for the toilet, but it just takes too long and I can't get there in time.

So my bags are all alone on the bag carousel going round until finally they're considered abandoned and taken to L&F. I'm terrified they'll be stolen. They each have GPS trackers but that's not going to help until after they get taken by someone who sees nobody claim 2 large bags and figures its safe to grab them. I have medical equipment and other stuff that isn't essential to life but I do need it to stay at Disney and it's not easily replaced. And I wouldn't be able to just jump in a car and go shopping to replace clothes or toiletries or any of my stuff. If my bags are stolen my trip is over, basically.

I asked the airline if there's anything they can do but was told they can't send someone down to grab my bags and bring them to the gate for insurance reasons. I understand that, but I'm still stuck. And it won't help to ask an airport employee because by the time I can get off the plane to talk to someone it's already too late.

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: My apologies, I initially responded before I investigated all of the links you offered. It looks like the Bags VIP service would work out well, assuming they can deliver to a Disney resort which is probably no problem if it's the same company.

It's actually a much better option than simply finding someone to grab my bags off the carousel and hold them for me. If it works out I wouldn't have to deal with schlepping my bags at the airport at all; they'll just magically appear at the resort later that day. I don't care that I have to pay for it, it's still pretty damn magical.

What I miss the most about the Magic Express is being able to take my time after I escape from the plane. To meander casually down to the shuttlebus area instead of a mad race to bag claim as fast as I can go without running people down.

To stop and massage my knees back to life after a cramped 3.5 hour flight, adjust the joint braces and wraps, reapply various topical meds. And use the ladies room!!! Get a coffee. Wander into the LUSH shop and buy something overpriced I don't need.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
I have no idea if this would work, but maybe try reaching out to some of the private transport companies that take people from MCO to their hotel. I believe they usually meet you at baggage claim, so maybe if you talked to them beforehand and sent them a photo of what your luggage looks like they could grab it off the carrousel for you. Once again, I have no experience with this and have no idea if it's something they would do but it might be worth talking to a couple of the companies to see.

I have no idea if this would work, but maybe try reaching out to some of the private transport companies that take people from MCO to their hotel. I believe they usually meet you at baggage claim, so maybe if you talked to them beforehand and sent them a photo of what your luggage looks like they could grab it off the carrousel for you. Once again, I have no experience with this and have no idea if it's something they would do but it might be worth talking to a couple of the companies to see.
I can't imagine any private company authorizing their drivers to grab bags without the owner present.
The easiest answer in op's situation may be to use a luggage shipping service, home to hotel.

No one is supposed to take your luggage off the rack if you are not present - there could be someone there checking luggage receipts (only happened twice in years of flying for me) and they wouldn't have it and could get arrested. MDE could as the luggage was tagged specifically for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter