StubHub- Any issues?

DisneyMandC

DIS Veteran
Considering buying tickets to Aladdin on Broadway for an April trip to NYC. The ticket fees (not just the price of the tickets) are obscene on the official Broadway website. It literally adds on another $100 to my order. I found some on Stubhub that look like good tickets for a reasonable price (about the same as official Broadway, but doesn't appear to be outrageous fees). It says the ticket are instant download. I've never bought anything off Stubhub before and just wanted to check and make sure other people haven't had any issues with them before I pull the trigger!

I bought tickets once off of stub hub and had no problems :) I picked mine up at a venue at the concert before it started though. I think I'd actually be more comfortable with instant download because you can see right away if something is wrong :)

I have used StubHub several times with no problem. I've used instant download and pick up before the event without any issues. If it's not a particularly important event but just
something that looks interesting, I play chicken with the price and keep waiting until close as possible for the event and see if tickets go down further.

My mom sells her Ohio State season pass tickets each year on StubHub and she really likes them. She has never had any issues selling. I am sure buying is just as reputable as well.

StubHub is great. Many years ago we bought Dallas Mav tickets when they were in the NBA finals. We get to the door and our tickets were scanned and showed as invalid. We headed over to the box office and they had our exact same tickets available at face value. Seems the original purchaser had bought more than the allowed quantity and the order was cancelled but not until after we had purchased said tickets. We contacted StubHub and we were refunded our entire purchase plus they gave us credit to use on future purchases. So we saw a finals game for less than face value! They were very easy to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to buy through them at all.

Thanks, all! I'm going to keep my eye out for the exact time I want and buy from them!

I bought hockey tickets on there and had no issues. The only thing I didn't like is I didn't get them until a few days before the event (I knew that going in but it bothered me) I was worried they wouldn't come but they did.

We have bought baseball tickets on there many times and used the instant download.
We've never had a problem.

I've used them many times both as a buyer and a seller and have never had a problem. We're Seahawks season ticket holders and have used them to sell our seats when we have company then turn right around and buy seats from them so we can all sit together. The transactions have always been smooth. We were in New York in March and I purchased tickets to The Book of Mormon and Waitress and the seats were just as promised.

We always use stub hub. Never had an issue.

Are u sure the fees are more on ticketmaster?
We just seen Aladdin last November and I looked at all venues. The official Ticketmaster site definetly had the best price regarding tickets and fees.

When checking prices on stub hub make sure u are clicking the box that says price including fees.

We always use stub hub. Never had an issue.

Are u sure the fees are more on ticketmaster?
We just seen Aladdin last November and I looked at all venues. The official Ticketmaster site definetly had the best price regarding tickets and fees.

When checking prices on stub hub make sure u are clicking the box that says price including fees.

I was looking at the official Broadway site, which I don't think was through Ticketmaster. I'm going to check there as well though. I don't mind paying a small fee, but $100 is out of the question

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for that when I check back tomorrow!

I was looking at the official Broadway site, which I don't think was through Ticketmaster. I'm going to check there as well though. I don't mind paying a small fee, but $100 is out of the question

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for that when I check back tomorrow!

If it wasn't Ticketmaster it wasn't the official site for Aladdin tickets
Same thing happened to me looking for tickets.
It looks like the official site but it's actually a third party site.

If u check on a regular laptop not mobile device u can actually see what seats are open from the seating chart
We sat in the fourth row in the mezzanine, pricey but great seats

I just looked for the heck of it
Keyed in April 7 on Ticketmaster
Fees are $11.75 a ticket

You will love the show
It was fabulous!!!

We sell and buy on there frequently. They're reliable but a rip off. But so is any secondary market.
Yep - I bought seats to Billy Joel at the Hollywood Bowl a couple of years ago and paid almost 3x face for them, which shocked me when I picked up the actual tickets at will-call. :scared1:

Other than that, the transaction was perfectly smooth but then again, what can go wrong with buying from a scalper over the internet - right!?! ;)

Last edited:
Considering buying tickets to Aladdin on Broadway for an April trip to NYC. The ticket fees (not just the price of the tickets) are obscene on the official Broadway website. It literally adds on another $100 to my order. I found some on Stubhub that look like good tickets for a reasonable price (about the same as official Broadway, but doesn't appear to be outrageous fees). It says the ticket are instant download. I've never bought anything off Stubhub before and just wanted to check and make sure other people haven't had any issues with them before I pull the trigger!
Make sure to check the "show fees" box when looking at StubHub. They do charge fees that can be quite high that you won't see until you go to pay for your tickets.

After digging around further today, I ended up finding two Mezzanine tickets to the 8 pm show of Aladdin on a Saturday night for $92 a piece! With ticket fees and using a couple of the Ticketmaster vouchers I'd received from their lawsuit last year, I paid $203!

Thanks for the help everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter