stroller on the cruise ship?

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
PCC 2.0 will be our first cruise, so we have tons of questions! Our youngest son will be 2 1/2 at the time - will we need to bring a stroller for him? We use one for him at someplace like a mall or zoo, but didn't know if we'd need one on the boat. We wouldn't really be walking tons, would we? Would we be just walking from activity to activity?

That can be walking quite a bit, depending on how prepared you are. If you need to go back to your cabin to change an outfit or pick up something in between events it adds up. Its not terribly far (three laps around deck 4 is a mile), but after a few days the hallways seem to grow longer--much like the stretching room grows taller.

Will you need the stroller for the airport? DW is sad that DS6 (almost7) won't fit in a stroller anymore. Makes it so much easier to move quickly through the airport. :)

If not, there's always the option of borrowing a stroller from Guest Services. They have a few available if you want one to take ashore for the day.

Will you need the stroller for the airport? DW is sad that DS6 (almost7) won't fit in a stroller anymore. Makes it so much easier to move quickly through the airport. :)

If not, there's always the option of borrowing a stroller from Guest Services. They have a few available if you want one to take ashore for the day.

They do have some available, but you will pay a sizable deposit for these.

Tracy,

Can I assume they also have wheel chairs for rent? Again, probably with sizeable deposits.

Mark

Tracy,

Can I assume they also have wheel chairs for rent? Again, probably with sizeable deposits.

Mark

Disney does have some wheelchairs available, however not for rent. The chairs onboard are only available for emergency situations. The chairs at Castaway Cay are on a first come, first served basis (these are special wheelchairs that will handle the sand well).

When we took our kids last June we also took a light weight stroller. We used it all the time. I know he was safely strapped in and couldn't sneak away. Just one piece of advice is to take a small one. Anything large or too wide won't fit through the stateroom doorway and you'll have to fold it up in the hallway to get it in your room.

Thanks for posting this question Leah as I have been wondering the same thing. My son will just slightly be over a year, hopefully walking, and we were deciding stroller or not since we're driving. I think were leaning towards a umbrella stroller though. I'm hoping to get a Maclaren since our Jeep umbrella stroller is starting to fall apart.

Grand daughter was 18 months old. We rented a stroller onboard.
Should have taken our own umbrella stroller.
Getting from the plane to the baggage area was a long walk. then the waiting to get onboard. Arghh- We did not use the stroller a lot during the week- it was nice having it just in case.

Our stroller is pretty small and folds the size of an umbrella stroller (We have a Combi Flare) so maybe we'll go ahead and bring it. We could use one at the airport, but wouldn't have to, but we will be at the parks for a couple days before the cruise. We had considered just renting one, but may be easier just to bring our own, especially since it folds up small. Thanks for the help, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter