Stroller Dilemma

Have you been to Disney recently. I only ask because my then 2.5yo didn't want anything to do with a stroller. It didn't slow us down at all and were able to walk the way around Epcot and World Showcase. We didn't carry her at all. All kids are different but maybe don't rent one until you really need one. Maybe you won't need one at all.

Wow...I have a 2.5 year old now and 2 older ones and the 2.5 year olds not able to keep at the same pace as the rest of us on a normal day around home, let alone at Epcot. I just can't imagine any 2.5 year old walking the whole way around World Showcase, let alone at a regular adults speed. I think your kiddo would def. be the exception in those circumstances, so OP I'd just advise that it's probably not the norm and I'm guessing Epcot would be the park that they'd need a stroller the most.

From what you've said, it sounds like it's best to go without a stroller and figure it out as you go. At 5, it seems like about half of kids still need it for Disney and half don't. You know your child better than the rest of us. As for my kids, only one of the three needed the stroller still for theme parks at 5. He didn't need it for endurance reasons though - he could have easily walked with the rest of us. He needed it for security. He has sensory issues and needed a place he could retreat to. He did not use a stroller at home. So, consider both physical and emotional needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter