Storm Troopers that walk by

Disco Lemonade

Mouseketeer
When the Storm Troopers (or other characters) are walking through the parks, is it acceptable for children to stop them? Or are they supposed to be more seen than engaged with? Our young daughter saw two Storm Troopers walk by and tried to interact with them, but got shunned, twice. She is still a little bummed about it. They didn’t acknowledge her, and on the second attempt, a Disney employee not in costume ushered her away. She is only 4, so I’m not sure if it was about her age or if that is just something you are not supposed to do? The part that was disappointing is that they didn’t even acknowledge her existence.

Look at them the same way you would look at military men on patrol. They will not stop to engage unless they have something to say, it's part of the complete and authentic immersion experience of the land.
They do stop and engage but it's up to them and not up to the guest. I understand it might be confusing for your child but for character interactions you have the entire rest of wdw, and for interactions with sw characters you can go to launch bay

Stand in their path and take their picture. They always question us about our "Data pads" and I have seen them stop a guy wearing a Yoda shirt once.

Several of them spoke, “Out of the way, civilians!” but otherwise no engagement or interaction at all from them. One said “We’re on patrol- move out civilian” to me as I filmed them walking by!

That sucks. I have two toddlers who love Star Wars, but are scared of the storm troopers. Two of them were on patrol and came up to them in the stroller asking who was in charge. My kids were scared and didn't say anything lol. I pointed at the kid that didn't run to mom and they said 'obviously' and moved along. I feel like they're more likely to interact with you if they see you recording. My wife was recording them from a distance when they walked over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several of them spoke, “Out of the way, civilians!” but otherwise no engagement or interaction at all from them. One said “We’re on patrol- move out civilian” to me as I filmed them walking by!

Maybe they were done with their patrol and headed back to report in to their commander.

We saw a lot of storm troopers telling people to move aside and to put away their data pads. But we also saw a very kind storm trooper who asked my daughter if she was loyal to the First Order and stood for a picture after she said "of course, may we take a picture please?". Saw another walk up to a small kid in a full storm trooper costumer to thank him for his service and ask him to keep an eye on the area while he patrolled elsewhere because he was doing a good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter